Feature Creep / better selection of the assets for the store

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2017 22:21
After a few months of trying to understand why the heck does not work i realize that the problem is not GameGuru engine but the assets, of course GG needs a big upgrade everybody knows that but we have to be fair and even i my self who said in this forum that the engine is a crap , i am mistaken
and totally unfair with this engine.

The trust that i feel is that some of the assets do not have the right script code and that by it self is a big problem to the engine and our games if we change the script of that damn bad script language assets or just do not put it in the level 99,9 % of the A.I. Problems are solved , so in my humble opinion and advice to the GG TEAM is that all assets have to undergo a selective and arrogant scrutiny before go to the selling point.
this way no more bad crappy script code that we by and then think the problem is the engine.

better selection of the assets for the store means better engine performance
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2017 00:49
The store is no longer owned by TGC but by a third party. Items sold there are almost entirely made by amateurs and are bound to have some rough edges. You can contact sellers there if their scripts are faulty. Its up to the store owners discretion what can and can not be sold there
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 11th Nov 2017 20:32
As Wolf said. The store is not a professional store, it's a community store run by a third party, it's for the community to sell their models, nothing to do with TGC.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2017 20:50 Edited at: 11th Nov 2017 22:54
Quote: "if we change the script of that damn bad script language assets or just do not put it in the level 99,9 % of the A.I. Problems are solved"
Firstly the store was run by TGC in the beginning and there were very stringent and restricting rules governing approval of assets most of which still apply. If you are talking about characters there are very few in the store and I reckon those will have better AI scripts than any of the default ones that come with TGC stock.
Secondly I see no mention of store assets till the end in the original post and reckon the OP is mostly referring to stock characters which throws the ball squarely back into the TGC ball park where it belongs. There are serious issues with GameGuru AI which have nothing to do with scripts on other assets and if the OP has found they can circumvent these and has produced better results through scripting then they should post their findings in detail so others can benefit rather than throw crap at all the store artists.....just sayin'.
A video showing issues and problem solved would help a lot in proving the theory which I suspect this is and not concrete evidence of facts.

I really don't understand how the conclusion that not putting badly scripted assets into your scene (even if they are badly scripted) makes the AI work 99.9% of the time, you need to provide more detail on what these assets are and in what way they are messing up the AI . For most users AI doesn't work 99.9% of the time period.

If as I suspect your issues are with AI not path following or collision errors that cause it to stop functioning properly, then it most certainly is the Engine and nothing to do at all with scripting or asset creators. There is no form of NavMesh generation in GameGuru so you will find characters 'freezing' or running on spot maybe at best they will run around in circles but none of this has anything to do with scripting. The only thing AI will work 100% with is terrain hence your belief that an empty map with no assets 'fixes' your issues.

Quote: "After a few months of trying to understand why the heck does not work i realize that the problem is not GameGuru engine"

Actually it is
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2017 09:49
As i said before when i put only the game guru soldier that came with the package all works well

i have a few simple game s that i made and they work fine ( well in their limits )

download the free example here

http://atac-team.com/2017/11/08/the-javalyza-pc-game/

P.S. Again i am not a game expert , just learning the basics and start making stuff , and trying to use some good sense
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2017 23:49 Edited at: 17th Nov 2017 23:51
What are your system specs by the way? Also what are the scripts/assets that are giving you issues?

Scripts do require memory to run and when the memory cap is hit by adding intense scripts in... its possible for other scripts to not function properly.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2017 22:18
I use a old Dell 760- CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 with 4G of DDR2 , SSD 250GB and a NVIDIA GT 710 , win10 pro
as my first machine
and a more modern computer (homemade) with Intel i5 - 7500 , 16G off DDR4 , internal VGA intel graphics 550 ( actualy very nice ) and a SSD 250 GB , win 10 pro

and a Imac from 2012 with 8gb of memory ( use to coppercube)

strangely booth computers have nice threads in 3d benchmark programs and run modern games in 1080p normally

3 to 12 pfs to 20 maximum ( everything switch off) in GG , and and i do not want to tell you the numbers in coppercube and S2engine HD lolo, because it is the difference between night and day, and are the ones that i am working on because they do not need programming at all to make stuff

nevertheless i manage to make some game levels in game guru with a lot of assets and they work fine and the trick i used is to put few GG grass and use one or two animated vegetation

in resume to go well , as A.I. keep it to gameguru soldiers assets and use static vegetation as much as possible
i hope that the GG upgrade could run as fast as its competitors that are not high branded

the problem is folks like me who know 3d , and understand the graphic world but do not like coding and are bad programmers, when they found GG it is like water in the desert but very very soon the turn towords to other "basic making non programrer frindly" engines,
not because we can not do stuff in GG ,but because the engine just do not work well , 5 minutes to start a game, A.I. doesn't work, low fps , and that
give a big gap and create space for other experiences and once we start with S2 , or cryengine or any other stuff it is difficult to run back to GG
even with a better upgrade.
I like very much GG , yes i do but unfortunately i am also realistic and this kind of program issues makes losing people, to go to alternatives that works, and like in life we are only good at when we practice a lot.
And if we practice in other enganes we forget how to make nice stuff in this one
that is my small non experience gamedeveloper project point of view.

Again i make 4 different games in GG and very very soon ( a week) i will put them in public , and my goal was to make them slightly playable and visually nicely
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2017 22:22
when i say in top post that they work fine is with a i7 pc with a 1050TI nvidia gpu

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:45:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:45:23