Off Topic / Information required about FPSC graphics

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi TGC Souls!
(I don't know this is the right forum or not but I had to come up here, as I wasn't getting any response on FPSC forums)
I've been working on an FPS project for several months using FPSC. Now, it's in the endmost stages near completion.
So I am seeking answers for a bundle of these questions:

> 1st query First of all, placing Wolf's Guide to Light-mapping and such other elderly tutorials aside, I wish to have a complete guide for getting the topmost and unbeatable graphics in latest FPSC structure, keeping v1.20 beta19 and Black Icemod v9.1 in view. Making it simple, how can I get the best final result of my game levels with highest graphics?

> 2nd query Secondly, will there be any difference in output (final built game), if an FPSC level is built on 2 different systems having lower and higher graphic cards, under same optimum FPSC properties and settings?

> 3rd query For getting perfect output, what should be the resolution of the images being used for, such as in-game huds, game menus, buttons etc.?

> 4th query Anyone with the list of best shader effects available so far, for the latest versions of FPSC?

> 5th query As asked in the second question, if having a high-end graphic card will produce better output under same highest FPSC properties and settings, which graphic card will provide best final result of the FPS levels in highest FPSC settings? (As I'm going to buy a new graphic card) Apart from that, if my present system can do well in producing best graphics output, so what change should be made in FPSC properties for getting better result?

However, these are my present system specs:
Intel Core2 Duo
3.00 GHz processor
4.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce 210 1GB

FPSC v1.20 beta19 & Black Icemod v9.1

Ignore my English please. Moreover, this is my first post after years. So kindly ignore any mistakes.

Gratitude & thanks in advance!!
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 8th Nov 2017 17:36
You will be lucky to get an answer to all your FPSC questions here, this is the GameGuru forum, it's a completely different piece of software, granted it's kind of based off of FPSC, and some of the old FPSC guys are here now, but it's quite a different kettle of fish.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Free Models and Media
Years of Service
User Offline
But I am getting no way to get answers of these questions. Neither anyone responds here (as it's a different forum) nor anyone replying on FPSC forums. Kinda puzzled Don't know where to get answered to these queries
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "But I am getting no way to get answers of these questions"

FPSC is very old and unsupported hence no real responses ... As stated its unlikely you will get much info here ..
Your best bet is to hold out on the classic forum for a response
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2017 10:29
You don't get answers because there are not the answers to those questions.

Lets take graphics for example. Its an art form. You will need to learn modeling and texturing to get the best final results and highest graphics. This can not be achieved by throwing stuff together your bought in model packs. You are probably used to cranking the graphics of a game up in a settings menue...but for that to work, they have to be designed first. If you google for modeling and leveldesign tutorials...that stuff an be applied to FPSC. Just expect that you need about a year to master it.

Quote: "Secondly, will there be any difference in output (final built game), if an FPSC level is built on 2 different systems having lower and higher graphic cards, under same optimum FPSC properties and settings?
"

In theory: No. But fpsc is so unstable that its very possible that you do.

Quote: " For getting perfect output, what should be the resolution of the images being used for, such as in-game huds, game menus, buttons etc.? "

I used to just roll with 1024*768 back in the day, but I guess what you are going for is: Your native desktop resolution.

Quote: " Anyone with the list of best shader effects available so far, for the latest versions of FPSC?"

Everything by Bond1. He used to have some free ones on the forums too. Some of them aren't that easy to use though.

Quote: "As asked in the second question, if having a high-end graphic card will produce better output under same highest FPSC properties and settings, which graphic card will provide best final result of the FPS levels in highest FPSC settings? (As I'm going to buy a new graphic card) Apart from that, if my present system can do well in producing best graphics output, so what change should be made in FPSC properties for getting better result? "

"best final results" will be provided with the best graphics card. But a more realistic choice would be any mid tier option. They are cheap and fpsc is not that demanding. To get better results you can increase these values in your setup.ini:

"lightmapatten=32
lightmapmaxsize=-1
lightmapboost=4
lightmaptexsize=1024
lightmapquality=400"

All other relevant graphical things will have to either be purchased or hand made. This is not a matter of settings or properties.

-Wolf

Free Models and Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Thankyou for the response guys! In special to Wolf!!
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2017 10:39
Just don't let it discourage you! these things are hard and seem impossible at first but get easier with some practice.

Also remember that FPSC is very unstable. Especially if you try to make games with more than about 5 levels.

-Wolf
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2017 03:33 Edited at: 16th Nov 2017 03:33
If you have further questions related to FPSC you can jump into the unofficial Discord server for it:

https://discord.gg/fqXVRme
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:17:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:17:08