Product Chat / how to change the ground texture?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2017 16:09 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2017 16:11
hi
i tried to change the ground textures, but my new textures dont repeat well, my textures are all seamless, but once i start GG the level looks horrible....
how to make tileabels txtures inside gg, it looks very compelx to achieve.... the system with all those textures in dds, + the file with all the textures compiled inside....

im uninstalling GG... and going to try again....
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2017 16:38 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2017 16:48
I've personally never had a problem with this. We need a screenshot example.

Keep in mind that there is also a blend order with the 16 textures.

Here is an example of a map I have with custom textures and they work really well together. The path seamlessly blends on top of the grass and the tiles blend flawlessly. I'm at work so I dont have a large format JPG but you get the idea from it:

Are your textures truly seamless on all sides? Its hard to help without seeing unfortunately. I don't think uninstalling the engine is going to fix this. Unless you have been bouncing back and forth between GG versions on Steam. That can sometimes break functionality.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2017 17:53
hey, that looks great
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2017 14:40
Welcome to why I charge 2.00+ for my terrain textures

It's a lot of work and fine tuning to make them look good inside of Game-Guru. I have tools I use to make mine repeat cleanly but often it requires me going in and manually working on the file with paint.net and the clone stamp tool.
I'd highly recommend when you pick a tiled texture try to pick one without any special marks on it like cracks or holes because they just look awful.

I also make my own textures as well; simply go outside, point the camera down, click, crop to 1024x1024, run it through a filter to make it tileable, and then clean it up. Either way it's a lot of work.

I personally, if I was not in command of my own library of textures and had no idea how to do it I'd start with this guy's pack:

https://www.tgcstore.net/pack/10876

Mstockton is a decent guy and has really made this kit of his affordable to pretty much anyone. 1 dollar is a pittance.
Just buy that and save yourself the headache

Or if you want to buy mine, I recently reduced prices on them to be more reasonable. Though that said mine is 7.00 for the whole pack.

Best of luck either way.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:16:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:16:10