Product Chat / export to different supports?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 14:21 Edited at: 27th Oct 2017 14:22
it is possible to export to different support, like pc/mac/linux?

Do someone Know if in the future GG is going to be able to export to consoles, like xbox, ps4.?

or we are stuck with a software who only support windows/pc ?

thanks
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 14:36
GameGuru has always been a DirectX beast (windows only) but we now have AGK and GG Loader (thank you Preben) and with a bit of tinkering you can run levels on other devices.

As far as long term (and I mean looooong term) who knows we need a stable all singing all dancing windows version that is successful for TGC if this is the case then who knows
Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
We need to get it right on Windows first before even considering official export options.
I wouldn't hold out any hope of doing this officially for a long time if ever.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 16:44
so if someone produce a pc game (windows) and sell tons of it, it can help GG to be a better product i supose, GG can sold more to users...
what do you think, of course the engine need to be better..but if it become faster in loading, better use of fbx, loading screens, better a.i...we get then the one of the best engine
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 18:31 Edited at: 28th Oct 2017 03:04
If you want to export to Mac and Mobile you should make your maps in Game Guru than use GGLoader to bring it to AGK which supports all platforms.

So technically the answer is yes. Though you'd have to get used to a different engine (AGK) to complete the task. I'd highly recommend jumping into the AGK community.

Quote: "so if someone produce a pc game (windows) and sell tons of it, it can help GG to be a better product i supose, GG can sold more to users..."

TGC doesn't take any profits from any games made by GG. If an amazing game was created with GG and it some how helped promote GG to getting more sales that's great. But in the end the engine is still running under Directx and is primarily developed by person. If you want to make games for consoles and other OS's you will have to pick up GG Loader and AGK.

Quote: " better use of fbx,"

You can export .X format in Blender and 3DStudioMax with plugins. I think the only reason why the FBX debate continues is people are using 3rd party content already created or generated for them that they want to use in Game Guru. I find it disturbing that there are store items that are ... a little too similar ... to content on TurboSquid with obvious mesh rips from their server. I don't think FBX support is going to make Game Guru a "better engine". FBX is just a way to get people to import content they did not create themselves.

Unless there are some examples of FBX only proprietary 3D software that they are using to create their meshes that they are limited to. I've seen few examples of that. Just mostly people wanting to take 3D meshes not made by them from elsewhere on the net, without proper licensing and importing them into GG.

I get a bit defensive on the topic as i know there are people pirating 3D models in this community. Putting them in the store, uploading them for free and even putting them in their video games with the intent to commercial sell. I'm not here to be TGC's police but I have been evidence of this going on here for at least 3 years.

If someone could explain better reasoning for FBX support I think that would be more helpful. Like what software you are actually using to create your meshes that only export to FBX. I think presently the .X format has proved to be a filter for pirates in a sense.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 19:42 Edited at: 27th Oct 2017 19:47
so its possible to export for mac/linux with agk?
what about consoels like xbox ?
for the 3d models i do everything myself inside 3ds max & photoshop for textures. then i export in .x to GG for testing.
i allways use one of the Gg characters model for scales reference.
i know lot of people use 3d models from others website selling them...

i started creating a full asset for a medieval fps.
here some screenshots from my models so far...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "so its possible to export for mac/linux with agk?"

From what I understand its Mobile Devices only.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2017 03:44 Edited at: 28th Oct 2017 03:46
It supports all of the OS's basically. My mistake about the consoles this is not confirmed. However you can export to Android consoles though not many of them exist.

Quote: "You can create games with AppGameKit on Windows, Mac or Linux devices. "

From https://www.appgamekit.com/

"MacOS and iOS" additionally Linux. I should add that the majority of apps for iOS can also work on an MacOS. It uses the mouse functionality instead of the touch once loaded. Same-wise with Linux.

I haven't used AGK enough to know what type of resolutions you can use. So if you are using the standalones on a desktop mac, windows or linux you may have a confined screen.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2017 07:27 Edited at: 28th Oct 2017 07:27
well if a game made with gg can be sold on pc / mac it can make a good revenue if the game is good
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2017 15:58 Edited at: 28th Oct 2017 15:59
Quote: "I haven't used AGK enough to know what type of resolutions you can use. So if you are using the standalones on a desktop mac, windows or linux you may have a confined screen."

AGK supports all resolutions and will do a similar process to GG's standalone when run by trying to match the desired resolution.

but no, no console support unless it can run windows, linux or android etc
it does support VR though.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2017 04:55 Edited at: 30th Oct 2017 04:56
Quote: "well if a game made with gg can be sold on pc / mac it can make a good revenue if the game is good"

I agree that extended support always helps with games in high demand. I'm not a fan of "exclusives" lol So when I hear about a really cool game from a friend and then find out oooh... its only for this OS or that console.. its a bummer. But overall I think most games uploaded to Steam are generally for PC.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:10:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:10:32