Third Party Tools / Does Fuse 1.3 no longer upload model textures when rigging?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I guess I must have missed hearing about all the down sides to Mixamo Fuse being taken over by Adobe... I thought I heard most of the information given in this forum.

Yesterday, I tried to upload a model and it didn't do anything but give an error message... You now need to log into the website and load it from there, but when you load it, none of the colors for the clothing and skin come through... The model is 100% gray... That was a big disappointment.

I would also say that I have looked at the new Fuse CC Beta, and wow what a disappointment it has been. Many clothing items are missing, and it's very difficult to get them imported from the old Fuse 1.3 into the new version. I have had no success importing any of the old stuff.

Does anybody here have any idea on how to put color onto models skin and clothes? Is there an easy way to do any of this or do we need to do that with Blender... By the way, I hate blender also. If there is an easier way other then Blender, please let me know. By the way, I can't afford 3D studio Max either.

I think it's sad that such a gloriously wonderful piece of software like Fuse 1.3 has ended up in such a defunct state.

This has made me a bit depressed... I guess I will call it post-Fuse depression... If anyone can help I would appreciate any advice...
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2017 22:12
Quote: "Fuse being taken over by Adobe"

There you said it,take it over and kill it. that's the big companies for you.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2017 23:47
Len make your character as normal in 1.3 then export it out using the export in the menu (click the pack textures box) it will create a folder with a .obj.
Zip this folder as a .zip (has to be a .zip) then go to mixamo and upload the zip file and rig as usual.
Try not to use the hairs as they push the poly's up to high if your using fbx2gg just change them via the textures. then your good to go as usual
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 01:00
This whole Adobe/Fuse thing is the whole reason I sprung for iClone. It's something that I normally wouldn't spend that much money for, but I really don't like the new Fuse. It won't even run unless I click the icon 100X really fast. (Really, that's an actual solution in their forums if it's not running for you. It works, though, lol). It' makes me fear what other surprises they have in store. Take the animations while they're free and run!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 01:22
Quote: "Take the animations while they're free and run!"

I second that .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2017 01:23 Edited at: 28th Oct 2017 01:23
@ Granada - It seems like you are right on the mark... It seems like a big company took it and now it seems like a mess.

@ Honkeyboy - Thank you very much... Your solution worked perfectly... I greatly appreciate your help...

@ Jerry Tremble - I had a similar problem with Fuse CC Beta not starting. I found that someone said to click on it once and them hold the "Enter" button down for 2 to 5 seconds. It actually starts about 5 versions of the software, but I just click out of the extra 4 and then it works okay... However I still don't care for Fuse CC Beta.

I wish that Mixamo would have made a free software download for the decimator and the auto-rigger tool.

I also seem to recall that I tried the trial version of I-clone 5 and I couldn't get much of it to work... I hope version 6 is nice... I was going to get the free download of version 6 the other day but I got distracted and wasn't able to get it.

I think I downloaded a lot of the animations from the Mixamo website already... so hopefully I got that covered...

- Thanks one and all...
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2017 02:58
Quote: "I wish that Mixamo would have made a free software download for the decimator and the auto-rigger tool.
"

Wouldn't that have been nice?

Quote: "I think I downloaded a lot of the animations from the Mixamo website already... so hopefully I got that covered..."

I'm pretty sure I've got them all. In both bvh and fbx formats. (unless they've added more, of course). I spent several evenings just downloading them one set at a time. Seems you can't even create sets anymore, it's one at a time. The only thing is, while they work with iClone7 (and Character Creator), I'm not sure I'm taking full advantage of them. Originally I downloaded them based on the rig that worked with GG. It was not the max number of bones and facial animations weren't enabled. I do not know if that will matter in the future. I've been further studying UE4/Blueprint and the iClone characters work seamlessly with that along with the Mixamo animations. I haven't tried facial animations yet, though, except in iClone itself. Haven't exported anything yet using those.

Anyway, I think it's really sad what Adobe has done to the best character creator around for non-artists. When Rafhalzer came up with FBX2GG, I was sure that not only were all my prayers answered, but I had a solid pipeline for all my future endeavors. They've basically ruined it, or will in the future. So I ponied up the money for iClone7 plus all the export licenses and a lot of extras along with their respective export licenses. And I'm not even likely to release a commercial game, lol. It's just a hobby to me, like you. However, most people spend a lot on their hobbies!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
That is why its dumb to build your software around other free software. Or even paid. That software may not last or go sky high. GG needs its own Importer that does not depend on Fuse or mixamo etc to get custom animated characters into it. GG needs a simple option for importing custom characters and setting animation key frames.
"So let it be written; so let it be done." Account got messed up with introduction to steam. I am Jackal
Joined 2nd Dec 2009.
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2017 21:59 Edited at: 29th Oct 2017 22:06
Guys for decimation download the free idie licence simplygon it actually does a better job than the mixamo decimator and iis pretty much 1 click for lod charcters just use the lowest poly lod works a treat or use blender
@ Jerry the new fuse is a ruse m8 until they find a way to hammer us for more creds they'll never fix it notice how half the clothing has gone, it takes hours to load and thats after clicking like a mad man for 10 mins to actually get it to open....i wonder why that hasnt been fixed? lol
Just stick with the old 1.3 and export it out as a .obj mixemo can still rig em for now and when that goes we still have rigyfi in blender
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2017 03:03 Edited at: 31st Oct 2017 03:03
Rigify is good but I cant get rigify models to import into GG. There all messed up. They lose there vertex areas or something. Or the bone count is way over because of Rigify using bones for everything.
"So let it be written; so let it be done." Account got messed up with introduction to steam. I am Jackal
Joined 2nd Dec 2009.
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2017 08:08
I think you can remove fingers etc to reduce the count I'll have to revisit as I've been using mixamo while its still up and running also Make Human has a reduced boneset rig and also low poly model export again something I'll have a look at again when I've completed my map. Yeah it'll be the bone count m8 mixamo you can reduce them down to a 3 finger setup of 42 bones as aposed to 65
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:05:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:05:07