Bug Reports / AI Just dont work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2017 14:44
i like very much to build scenarios and stuff in GG it is easy and powerful and in that matter it is good as its competitors,
but unfortunately i am still struggle with the freaking internal A.I . engine , and right now I am very very disappointed with GG engine my friends,
because the internal AI just don't work correctly , sometimes do the stuff and others just do not work

As we speak i have ended a game ready to go but i can not deliver it ( neither give or sell ) because of the A.I. Zombies that literally stop when i shoot the first 3 of them.

I put in the beginning of the game 2 zombies and a big crab and they run after me when i am in sight but if i kill them the other zombies in the game just stop and only stare at me nothing else happens

It sucks when we spend hours enjoying making a level game and the thinks just dont work.
And i do not understand why the GG producers don't release a freaking patch just to resolve this bugs..

i think , by the older posts that i saw , that this AI problems remotes far far way and nothing is doing to correct this problem

it's a shame with so nice engine

Please GG editors , producers , owners, whatever , please see this A.I. problem because i sincerely i think i ' m not the only one with this issues

i am tired of testing and testing and see the same bug over an over, the characters in the game just stop working from one moment to another

Please correct this
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 26th Oct 2017 15:42
The issue with AI not responding is a two fold thing, one part is a bug and another is not.

The part that is not a bug is to start with most of the AI are defaulted to zero in range and angle of sight, to get them to fight you need to change these numbers in their properties panel.

The second part which is a two fold issue, and is a bug, is as you mentioned them not pathing correctly, or simply not responding. This has been fixed in the Beta version, it should be released in the next update, which with lots of crossing of fingers, should be with us by Christmas.

Also just to make you aware, lot of the AI issues people talk about aren't bugs, they're issues with scripts not doing what people want. The scripts for AI are simple basic AI scripts to get you started, if you want to make them do something dfferent then you have to script them to do something different.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2017 16:22
Many thanks Belidos
it is guys like you that keeps my faith alive

i will check all the ai settings of the damned zombies and I apologize if I looked rude in my post but sometimes it gets frustrating to do everything with so much care and then not work.

Again many thanks for the reply
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2017 16:35
You don't sound any angrier than anybody else, i've flipped my lid a few times over AI issues, it can be frustrating

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2017 16:55
lol
i just realized now that Lee is actually the Game Creator and I thought he was just a very smart diligent collaborator
i started to admire and respect the guy because of his fantastic videos but now i will give him much more credits because even if I sometimes speak badly about the program, I have to give it due respect, because it's nothing easy to create something like this.

Congratulations Lee for this task that is not easy at all
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2017 20:14
No my friend just do not work at all
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
yes, AI is broken right now, wait for the next update for the fix (shouldn't be much longer now) or go to steam, find GG in your library, open it's properties, select betas and revert back to an earlier build (note, if you do this you will need to manually change back again or opt out when you want to update as GG will no longer update automatically).
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2017 22:19
Final, final thoughts

After a few months of trying to understand why the heck does not work i realize that the problem is not GameGuru engine but the assets, of course GG needs a big upgrade everybody knows that but we have to be fair and even i my self who said in this forum that the engine is a crap , i am mistaken
and totally unfair with this engine.

The trust that i feel is that some of the assets do not have the right script code and that by it self is a big problem to the engine and our games if we change the script of that damn bad script language assets or just do not put it in the level 99,9 % of the A.I. Problems are solved , so in my humble opinion and advice to the GG TEAM is that all assets have to undergo a selective and arrogant scrutiny before go to the selling point.
this way no more bad crappy script code that we by and then think the problem is the engine
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
which scripts do you consider broken?
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2017 09:56
when i put the crab or spider in the game and i kill them the zombie company just stops

may be the last code line in their scripts

if i do not use them all work well
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2017 10:01
the chainsaw zombie is the same crap , just makes an error in the final games
very bad assets for my taste

when i purchase something i like it that it works fine

again imagine you are buying an third party alarm for your car and starts ringing very loud
in the middle of the night just because doesn't work well

P.S. We must not forget it is cheap but we are buying that stuff
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2017 12:13 Edited at: 16th Nov 2017 12:16
Quote: "when i put the crab or spider in the game and i kill them the zombie company just stops

may be the last code line in their scripts

if i do not use them all work well
"

I highly doubt it's the script itself doing that, the contents and variables of the script are all local, which means they only effect the entity they're attached to.

What it may be though is that the AI system changed after they were scripted and they use the legacy AI system, to use legacy AI scripts you need to enable the legacy AI commands in your global.lua file (i think it works there).

Also, issues with scripts and models from the store should not be dealt with here, the store is a third party, they have their own forum, and private messaging system, if you have an issue with a product you bought from them you need to message the author there.

Ultimately it's the authors responsibility to make sure his/her scripts and models work.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2017 12:16
i will try that, thanks
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2017 17:23
no it is the same they cause others to stop

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 23:50:42