Bug Reports / Game Bug Reports - Alpha Test of my Project

Author
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys,

I'm almost finishing my first GameGuru project, but some bugs stand still:

1. AI movement: Zombies sometimes attack, sometimes not. At all it doesn't move (is it an script issue?);
2. Characters created using the ingame creator, using facepicture stand in attack position, holding weapon no matter how I place it (I wanted it to stand tall);
3. Low FPS: I'm running texture and models quality on medium, but still take times to load and it lag hardly sometimes (any tips on how to improve performance?)
4. Classic Characters, like elmongo, have very low damage. (Is there a way to change it's damage per hit, like a hit kill?)

the main issue is AI for me, I can launch my game after these issues are solved.

Thanks in advance,

Mat
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 24th Oct 2017 15:04
1. The next update will improve many of the issues with AI. Also, make sure you have chosen the right settings in the properties panel for them, the two main ones for deciding when and if they attack are the distance and angle settings, by default theyre on 0 i think, you have to increase these for them to spot you and react.

2. This is a script issue, they use a basic AI script provided by GameGuru, if you want them to do anything different you need to learn to script and write your own AI script.

3. This could be many things, the first thing to look into is basically whether your system is high enough spec to run GameGuru properly, so can you list your spec, and please don't just say you know you have high enough spec, i have lost count of the times someone has said that to me and it turns out they have misread or misunderstood the specs and are way below minimum requirements. Once you can confirm your machine should be doing better, then we can look into why. At the moment GameGuru isn't as optimized as it could be, so it doesn't run as well as expected, there are some things that can be done, plus the next update (DirectX 11 upgrade) "should" improve the optimization, but first we need to be sure you if your problem is at your end or gamegurus end.

4. I think there's a setting in the properties panel for AI that increases the damage, is strength or something?

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2017 15:34 Edited at: 24th Oct 2017 15:35
1. As belidos said, don't worry about it til after the update, AI is just broken right now.

4. Strength adjusts health in most cases, though it (health) can still be set by the script in some cases... Damage done by melee will be set in the script, look for
HurtPlayer(e,
The numbers after that are what you need to change (it may be a variable in which case you will need to look for where the variable is set or just replace it with numbers).
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Medmatheus
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all your reply guys,

will keep working and wait untill next patch is realeased.

Best regards,

Mat

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:01:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:01:49