Product Chat / I hope GG progresses to AAA level.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 09:34
Hello
Thanks GG for their efforts
I hope GG progresses to AAA level.

we are waiting
Waiting for GAMEGURU AAA level.
Mr. Lee
Good luck ...
amir

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 22:18
I think this also depends not just on visuals but also how many stages can GG actually handle in a stand-alone? Does anyone know?
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
What do you mean by stages ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 22:26
Maps I mean. Guess you could say stages or levels.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 22:37 Edited at: 20th Sep 2017 22:39
I actually think it does compare in alot of ways tbh, ease of use being the primary thing tbh with the new dx11 upgrade i think its edging even closer, pbr etc etc thing is alot of the other engines (not all) have inbuilt menus, inventories etc etc which are imo kind of core parts to make a game. Personally I'm not really a graphics man i am to a degree but i dont think that makes a good game, just a pretty one things i see on steam are character customisation, crafting ,building etc etc once those are in GG lets see how the dice rolls .....
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 22:58 Edited at: 20th Sep 2017 23:00
Well since AAA is defined as a product with a very large production budget usually in millions of dollars with a large team and huge promotion/marketing, then that's a definite no.

AAA not only applies to games and there is no 'A' 'AA' or any other such thing, it doesn't apply to graphics or game play or anything else other than expectations due to the multi million dollar budget being spent on it. The chances of a multi million dollar top company using GameGuru to build and release a 'AAA' game are unlikely to say the least no matter what DX is in it
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
+1 knowledge
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 23:24 Edited at: 20th Sep 2017 23:53
Firstly IMHO AAA Gfx don't make a game ....
They help of course but if your relying on that for your game to be successful then development may not be for you.
For me its concept and Gameplay ... Gfx really come last
I could have many users here totally hooked on some old 8 bit classics and before you know it the day would be over
No AAA there just totally addictive and incredible programing for the day... BTW... Do you like the gif I made

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 23:55
awesome! space invaders!
love it! who needs AAA if we can play space invaders...
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 00:04 Edited at: 21st Sep 2017 00:10
Wow, anyone remember playing space invaders at the pub? So damn addictive! All those 20 cent coins!

Synchromesh you are so gif-ted - I know, I know, couldn't help it

I have been playing Recore a game by a "AAA" company:
- Visually it is nice - like really nice!
- The AI is absolutely incredible.
- The inventory is excellent.
- The game-play is OK but oftentimes too hard to achieve progress - for me any how

So even though it is "AAA" so to speak after a while I just find it annoying (too old to be bothered with repeated tries to get to some parts of the map I guess).

So in my case, is that still "AAA"?

But if you mean "AAA" as in visuals I guess DX-11and PBR will help, but it will come down to the models for that.

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 01:00 Edited at: 21st Sep 2017 01:01
AAA essentially means top tier studio quality.
Which GG neither strifes to nor will reach. And that is just fine. How megalomaniacal would a single developer or small groups of amateurs have to be to say to themselves "yeah, I'ma beat that million dollar budgeted title with the army of paid professionals working full time on it for 2 years over tha weekends"

I certainly want GG to evolve but orienting itself on the giants might not be the right approach.

-Wolf

Quote: "So even though it is "AAA" so to speak after a while I just find it annoying"

Thats neither you nor your age. It simply is a very boring game.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 08:31
AAA is less about quality and features, and more about budgets and resources, so it doesn't really matter how good GameGuru is, if a big AAA studio doesn't use it, then it will never be considered a AAA engine. Even Unity which can compete with many of the top quality enigines out there, even beat a lot of them if used right, isn't regarded by many as a AAA engine, it's known as a good engine, but not really AAA by many, in fact i remember it wasn't too long ago that Unity games received the same trash talking from reviewers that we do, it was always "oh another unity game, this will be trash" etc. but they've slowly pulled themselves out of that cesspit, and other engines are being trashed by reviewers now instead. Hopefully it ill go the same way with us, at the moment GameGuru games don't get a very good response with YouTube reviewers, no matte how well they're made, when the next indie game engine comes out no doubt that will change and they will target them instead, it's the circle of life for game engines

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll admit to never really liking the AAA term for games, it was used for batteries long before A triple A battery is smaller than a double A, perhaps that explains why games are getting shorter

I'm sure GG may have the potential to make a AAA looking game, but as said above not likely by one person doing all the work themselves. GTA 5 is regarded as a AAA game. The credits list is the longest I have ever seen. For one man to make it would take several lifetimes.

As long as GG becomes capable of playable games that have the potential to compare graphically to what's around, most will be happy.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 14:35
Forget space invaders, now William's "DEFENDER" was an 8 bit classic
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth.
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 17:10
@DVader - GTA V had a team of around 1000 people working for 3 years (and a budget of around $250 million), so just 3000 years work for one person
i5 2500k 3GB GTX1060 8GB RAM Windows 10
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2017 11:08 Edited at: 26th Sep 2017 11:16
Quote: "Thats neither you nor your age. It simply is a very boring game."

Yes indeed - boring all right.
Made by a "AAA" company with Unity, It looks to me like the texturing was done with Substance at least some it anyway. The caves are pretty cool, volumetric particles are really nice, sand blowing around, cool vapours in the caves - all this nice stuff but well just annoying\boring to play.

Halo was way more fun! even though it aint my cup of tea nowadays

I am just glad I bought Recore on special, if I paid full price I would be really annoyed!

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2017 06:09 Edited at: 9th Oct 2017 06:18
I just want to add... that Cuphead was made by only 3 people. I'm also personal friends with the developers behind Maize.

I consider both these games to be AAA quality. I think what makes AAA quality content is really all about the quality of the game. The quality of the gameplay and appearance and how fine-tuned it is. Least that is my opinion on that topic.

Gameplay and visuals are very important to me and there are elements that GG is missing to complete both I find. But in due time hopefully.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 07:18:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 07:18:57