Bug Reports / SetPlayerHealth to ZERO in script seems to freeze at red screen post rockfall

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2017 18:57
Not sure if this a bug or if anyone else has had this issue. Using the SetPlayerHealth = 0 in the script seems to cause a freeze at the red screen when I lose all health/life. See video link. Rockfall is delayed due to video software.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Try
HurtPlayer(e,g_PlayerHealth)
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2017 08:03 Edited at: 10th Sep 2017 09:00
thanks smallg, I literally found that command late last night and totally forgot that existed. Am I guessing that the SetPlayerHealth command is more for adding health rather than decrementing health? But then we have the AddPlayerHealth(e) also. Also, this does not explain why SetPlayerHealth(0) brings up the red screen and freezes. So to me that's still a bug with the command as it's not bringing the player back into the gameplay again even if I have 1 life left. I'll place the trigger somewhere else away from the rockfall and see if it still happens.

[update-HurtPlayer works which was expected]
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
I think setplayerhealth is intended more for the initial set up of the player and the other 2 commands are for use during gameplay....
It can be a bit confusing but hurtplayer allows an entity id which makes it show directional damage information.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2017 10:10
thanks again smallg, yes that makes a lot of sense.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:06:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:06:33