Product Chat / Testing Standalone Compilations

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 23:31
Instead of whining (btw I'll have cheese with that wine) and bellyaching about creating standalone games I have decided to do what I have always done in the past with FPSC. Test it until it breaks. Drill down on the breaking point to determine what is going on. So, this is where I will let everyone know my findings. So, far I have been able to create a standalone with some of the tutorial maps. I will now slowly start to add to one of them (the Aftermath map) more objects and some zombies. However, first, I am going to edit the terrain by adding more hilly and mountainous regions. It already has used the whole universe. I want to see if it breaks at a certain point by adding more terrain features. I guess I can say "stay tuned" if you are interested.
When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 23:37
This would be helpful if you can pin-point some of those problems. In my case its mostly my custom media not transferring over since they are mostly only referenced in scripts.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2017 00:57
@F l a t l a n d e r : Thanks for the extra scrutiny. When the internal beta starts for the major update, you are most welcome to join in and report standalone executable related issues, I am sure they will have increased with the switch to DX11 and the retreat of using X files in the exported folder.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2017 01:23 Edited at: 17th Aug 2017 01:24
I'll be glad to Lee. I might hold up a little bit until I get the alpha (internal beta) version. However, I will have a few maps to use in the new engine.

Teabone, that makes sense as that was a similar problem with the earlier version of FPSC. That was a simple solution at the time by just manually putting the objects into the game folder.

What I have noticed is actually a game-stopper. My inclination is too large of a universe which includes a lot of objects and complex terrain. Adding small amounts of objects and terrain
When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 10:18:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 10:18:41