Product Chat / Is it possible to hide the weapon when aiming down sights?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I managed to get some old Model Pack 9 weapons working, but i had some problems with the iron sights and the animations.

For this reason I decided to try using 2D iron sights overlays. They kinda look nice but the animations still play in the background when aiming down the sights.

Does anyone know if there is any way to completely hide the weapon when simplezoom is activated, whitout having to use a large amount of zoom?

I had a look at some old Airmod and V1.20 manuals but I couldn't find anything like that in the gunspec...
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2017 00:58
Would it not be a lot cooler, better looking and easier to get the actual ironsights working?
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2017 00:59 Edited at: 10th Aug 2017 01:01
Try adding or playing with these statements in the gunspec file.

;//Model positions

horiz = 0
vert = 0
forward = 0
runy = -1
simplezoommod = 2
simplezoomx = 0
simplezoomy = 0.11

alt horiz = 0
alt vert = 0
alt forward = 0
alt runy = -1
alt simplezoommod = 2
alt simplezoomx = 0
alt simplezoomy = 0.11

The second part of the first post here lists out what I can find for gunspec statements.
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/214389
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2017 01:05
Quote: " I couldn't find anything like that in the gunspec... "

You can add lines to the gunspec It would also help us if we knew how your converted guns looked and what exactly the problem is. Are the ironsights misplaced? Is the zoom too strong?
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2017 20:01
There are downloadable gunspecs on the old forums which add AirMod settings for aiming and removing tilt while aiming. The versions sold on my website have this update included already but if you have the very old versions, you will need to update them with the gunspecs found here Important v117 Updates for MP9/10 owners

Additionally, most all of my FPSC weapons need to have a couple settings tweaked to align for irons in GG and account for other discrepancies between engines...

Here's several general notes for FPSC to GameGuru weapon conversion that might be helpful for you...

- GG places the hud.x closer to the clipping plane. To correct this you need to do a couple things:
1. Make the weapon more visible by increasing forward=x by around 4 or so. So, if it was forward=0 in FPSC it should be forward=4 in GG.
2. Reduce near-clip in simplezoom (ironsights) by increasing simplezoommod=x by a value of 2. So, if it was simplezoommod=0 in FPSC, it should be simplezoommod=2 in GG.

- GG vertical position is a hair lower in simplezoom. I usually increase a gun's simplezoomy=x by about +0.11.
Please note that there is currently a bug with head(hud)bobble where the hud.x does not default to the base rest position when you come to a stop. So, it sometimes requires taking a step or two to get the correct alignment. This can make error checking absolute iron sight alignment pretty time consuming. I usually delete the crosshair completely so that it gives the hardcoded single pixel crosshair when checking alignments in-game.

- Accuracy spread is much less in GG. This makes things like shotguns put all pellets in one spot vs. being spread out as they were in FPSC if using the old values. Example: A shotgun with accuracy =7 spread in FPSC would need accuracy=50 for a similar amount of spread in GG.

- Vertical recoil impulse is much higher in GG. recoily=x values should be reduced by 50-60% from what they were in FPSC.

- Custom weapon and ammo icons can easily be used in GG.
Set statuspanelcode=100. A value of 100 tells the engine to look for the images in the weapon's gamecore folder.
You will need icon.png and ammo.png. They may need to be scaled to a specific size to match the usual format.
If the weapon has alt fire modes you will also need alticon.png and altammo.png.
Infinite ammo (melee) weapon icons can not be displayed via this system as it just hides that hud panel to avoid showing a redic. long ammo number.
(You can see custom icons being used in my video posted here)

- If the weapon has an alt fire mode, be sure to remember to also edit the appropriate alt lines in gunspec such as "alt simplezoommod", etc.

- If the weapon gunspec includes lines defining keybindings for switchtoalt=x or melee key=x, you should comment-out/remove them as these are now defined globally in setup.ini and the settings in the gunspec may override.

- If the weapon includes settings for blocking, you may want to comment them out. Blocking is pretty buggy. You can trigger the animation once with Mouse2 and then never again.

- If the weapon includes other unsupported features such as asymmetric dual wield, you probably want to comment that all out or delete it to reduce chance of engine confusion. I believe the gunspec.txt line limit in GG is like 400 where it was maybe 600 in FPSC and anything past the limit won't be read.

/copypasta

The settings Myke shared are a good place to start with any conversion.

As to the original question...

Quote: "Does anyone know if there is any way to completely hide the weapon when simplezoom is activated, whitout having to use a large amount of zoom?"

Yes! You can hide it... well in a sense.

In gunspec alter the simplezoom x pos with a great offset so that it moves the weapon far off screen like...

simplezoomx =100

That should effectively hide the weapon when aiming.

Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
Comby
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all your replies!

Indeed, I managed to achieve some good results! If anyone has played Operation Flashpoint back in 2001, well, that's what I got with a few hours of work!

This is however a temporary solution, as I plan to use Errant's new weapons as soon as they are available.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 10:17:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 10:17:40