Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2017 21:00 Edited at: 6th Aug 2017 22:11
(SWEAR A BIT ON THE VIDEO)

http://noirvortex.co.uk/kill-stalins-fps-gameguru-minigame/
Download link

(SWEAR A BIT ON THE VIDEO)

A 10 min vlog talking about this recent quick Gameguru project I made and some elaboration on the process of making it with background , plus some UE footage / prototype level building and some talking about the artistic project this spawned from.

Kill Stalins is a one level FPS where you shoot clones of J Stalin. It was my first GameGuru prohejct and is essentially a trail / prototype / rapid build project

Also done a blog post on my website here - [href=http://noirvortex.co.uk/development/the-pain-and-pleasure-of-rapid-game-development-as-told-via-communist-spaces/
]http://noirvortex.co.uk/development/the-pain-and-pleasure-of-rapid-game-development-as-told-via-communist-spaces/
[/href]

Music used is BB-Acid-D2 and New Breed by Copperknob (he's a mate so he gives full permissions draconian YouTube copyright policy peebs )

listen to more of both here - http://darkcake.co.uk/artists/
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 8th Aug 2017 11:55 Edited at: 8th Aug 2017 12:00
Is it me or does his posture on the video scream "i just spent months lost in the woods and now i'm relating my ordeal and confessing to the terrible things i have had to do to survive" ? i feel a Blair Witch moment coming ...

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 10:33
Oh boy........
aka OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 18:43 Edited at: 9th Aug 2017 18:44
well, nice joke...
even it's free, I'll not download it.
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
noirvortex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 03:06
1 - Yes I am kidding you, that's kind of the point.
2 - I am not the Unabomber, even though I do have a Comp Science degree and am a bit of a hermit on occasion hahaha
3 - My posture might have something to do with the crippling depressive episodes I have as part of my Bipolar disorder, but thanks for that astute observation that that no bearing on anything what so ever.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 05:13 Edited at: 21st Sep 2017 05:44
Quote: "1 - Yes I am kidding you, that's kind of the point."

Like a Jeff Dunham routine, it might have been lost on me.

Quote: " I am not the Unabomber, even though I do have a Comp Science degree and am a bit of a hermit on occasion hahaha"

Obviously! You are clearly too young.// There is nothing wrong with seeking solitude occasionally but my condolences for the computer science degree. I am sure you had your reasons.

Quote: " My posture might have something to do with the crippling depressive episodes I have as part of my Bipolar disorder, but thanks for that astute observation that that no bearing on anything what so ever. "

If you expose yourself in public media you get remarks as this. A fact you either deal with or...well, I suppose one can be trapped in a perpetual state of immaturity.

My 2nd comment would be that making observations about the behavior of someone is not only a primal human habit but also imperative in making judgment about each other. For example, answering a question in detail to someone might only be worth the time spent if said someone shows the necessary intellectual abilities to understand it. There is nothing wrong with Belidos pointing out your unconventional posture in an also otherwise ridculous video, although admittedly it was in a mocking manner. My bitter reply is, if I might add, only routed in the fact that you held up mental illnesses (severe ones if I might add) as some sort of shield against criticism to what you have presented here. As if we where to judge you differently, as if you are broken which is insulting to both depressed and bipolar people. You've presented a game here, and regardless of whatever state you might find yourself in, it is still abysmal.

-Wolf
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 08:46
Quote: " My posture might have something to do with the crippling depressive episodes I have as part of my Bipolar disorder, but thanks for that astute observation that that no bearing on anything what so ever."

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be having a go, that was simply me seeing the video and the thought "this is like a an accidental blair witch" popped in my head and i was sharing a momentary funny moment i had. Apologies if you took offense.

Quote: "although admittedly it was in a mocking manner"

It wasn't really meant to be mocking, more a light hearted poke because i had literally been watching Blair witch a few hours before and the camera angles and the way he was sitting reminded me of it, i was trying to share a funny moment, but as always the internet carries no context and even the most innocent comment can be blow all out of proportion.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 13:33 Edited at: 27th Jul 2019 10:45
I played the game. It's not a masterpiece as you stated in your video. My recommendation, continue making games. Take your time and don't sacrifice the quality of a game just to "get something out there."

Through effort, persistence and time you'll be able to create something that you're proud of.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 22:52
Thanks for offering an equilibrium to my less encouraging reply, Landman.
In retrospec, it might have been a bit harsh.
noirvortex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2017 14:05
It's ok I wasn't that offended my anyone's comments, just a bit cranky cos it was late in the early morning and the posture comment felt a bit unnecessary, I've had a lot of anti-semitic abuse online recently including being called a 'yid' and getting hounded by many members of the Alt Right so I'm just a bit sensitive to it now (I'm not Jewish even but I get people sending me a lot of anti-Semitic abuse).

I guess nothing was meant by it really and it's fine tbh but I just get a bit annoyed at comments on my appearance a bit, because I feel it bears no relevance to anything, and it just winds me up in general when I am talking about something serious or otherwise online and people just go - haha your hair is long, or look at his beard haha or other such irrelevant observations, it's just a bugbear I suppose.

I'm definitely not precious over Kill Stalins, as it was a silly side project I always intended as an experiment in using the engine, and it was always meant as a jokey minigame, and it is deserving of much criticism, next project is a serious project, this was more a demo a few things that could be done with the engine.

Thanks for comments.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:01:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:01:24