Product Chat / Multi Level Standalone

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 05:57
I have finally managed to create a standalone with 4 levels that actually works...Problem is I did not expect the player to keep one movement speed regardless of the level's individual player settings I had made and player keeps inventory after level, which is not a bad thing is most cases but I made a secret level and intended for the player to start with no weapons.

Is there any way I can make a standalone that has different player settings per level?

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Can't see why not if you script the player speed rather than rely on the editors built in options. Still, it would make sense if GG saved things like this and actually set them properly for each level in a standalone. Just goes to show how complicated making a game maker like this is when it comes down to getting everything working 100%.

There are many new commands now, so many it puts me off even starting to go through them. Not much explanation of them either so the global file is less useful than it was in places.

I imagine you can alter fSpeed to change your players speed on the fly, but as said, not tried it at all. There are also several other speed related commands by the looks. I haven't really used GG much at all this year and so have fell behind on additional scripting stuff. I imagine it will be fairly easy when you find the command needed

I think Lee should go through a lot of this new stuff and give some brief explanations/examples of all the new lua stuff he has put in, rather than relying on the community to work it all out for themselves. Nothing huge just quick descriptions of the new stuff and if not totally obvious, their usage.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 12:35
The player settings are only used to start the player at level one, and then those stats are carried through the game, along with weapons, ammo and health collected along the way. There are some LUA commands that you can use to create a script which will record all the weapons the player has, then remove all those weapons for the secret level, then restore the weapons upon leaving the level. Probably a tricky script to write with plenty of trial and error, but might be worth a shot if you have some scripting knowhow.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 17:28 Edited at: 6th Aug 2017 18:21
I would personally use a script for your player settings. Have it on each map. I've not personally done a standalone yet however.

EDIT: just did a standalone export... fails to play.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 10:23:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 10:23:58