Showcase / Slam Raccoon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Attsri Studio presents Slam Raccoon.

This is a 3-D Platformer game that is a "mock" of Crash Bandicoot. The game is a comedic, 4th wall breaking theme that makes fun of itself and other games of the genre. Thanks to Disturbing 13 for the "crash bandicoot" like assets that made me inspired to make this game. The game is short but features 6 levels that I hope are fun and challenging. This game was almost canceled completely because of Game Guru's "annoyances" but I managed to pull through.

This will also be my final game made with Game Guru as I cannot keep going with this engine because of its glaring issues. Time for me to move on to something more advanced and less of a headache. Still I really hope this game will be fun and entertaining at least.

****The game might crash loading between levels so make sure to SAVE OFTEN and if it crashes just close the game and restart it. It should work.****

Please leave feedback!!

Credits

Game Developed by Attsri Studios
Powered by Game Guru & The Game Creators
Story by Chris Cuypers
Level Design by Chris Cuypers & Isaac Hansen
Character Voices by Samson West
Assests by The Game Creators, Disturbing 13, & The Game Guru Forums
Soundtrack by Voicians

In-Game Screens:

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_pE2-Hdsx4PT2ZNLXZaMkF0eWc/view?usp=sharing

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 16:43 Edited at: 5th Aug 2017 18:09
It doesn't seem to be visually coherent but it uses some models of mine so I gotta give it a try. I'll send some feedback your way once I got to playing it!

Cheers.

-Wolf

EDIT

Wow! Do I understand your frustration.

GG is currently in no shape to make a 3d plattformer game. This game reminded me of all frustration I experienced in the 90s whenever I bought a lower middleware or cheap PS1 plattformer. To no fault of your own.

Your intro video and the humorous nature of the game certainly work for it and I think you have a decent game in you, but I don't think it will happen in GG right now. At least not this type of game.

I understand that 3d plattformers like this are a relic of days past and this probably doesn't draw too much of a crowd but I can only recommend any GG user to try this game because it shows a lot of actual effort in places.

I've been playing through 2 worlds and the way the camera rotates and the none precise way the character controls makes the plattforming a chore.
I also fell through the map several times and got stuck rather often. Considering how lowpoly everything is, it performs just as well as one of my cramped high poly levels which just should not be the case.

I understand that you might not be a 3d artist, thus I won't bother talking about a lot of unmodded purchased content as I can clearly see that you brought a lot of talent and passion as a game designer.

I fully relate to your wish to use a different engine after this attempt (which is real pioneer work in GG in this genre) and wish you the best luck with whatever engine you are going to use next. Please drop a link of your future work some day.

-Wolf
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2017 02:11
He did a very good job! Your voice is perfect for game characters also. The camera's showing outside of the game area when moving is terrible.
PM
AttsriStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
**Small Little Update for Slam Raccoon**

With this update for Slam Raccoon, it will allow the player to play any level from the start without having to play them in order. This will hopefully address the issue of the game crashing at random points so the player can at least experience all the levels without having to repeat the same first level again and again.

Download here:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/slam-raccoon/downloads/slam-raccoon-level-select-update
https://gamejolt.com/games/slamraccoon/273387
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2017 18:29
I can not open the game [Runtime Error 2002 (loading_main)]

I realized a game using some of your assets
and secondly that I board purchased and adapted the model for GG
All works very well, no problems.
  Excuse my English, Google Translate.

See : Les Aventures de FLIPPY In this page
AceRimmer
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: classic British heavy metal mostly
Posted: 8th Sep 2017 19:27
thanks for persevering with this and getting a game done JPH. Saw your youtubes and realised the angst that GG has caused you, so all credit for not giving up.
Anyway, game played fine, nice job.
Gave a copy to a friend for his kids, their friends had to have copies as well once they'd seen it. So even if GG went pear shaped for you, you made some people happy at the end of the day
its like deja-vu, but all over again, again
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2017 09:07
Thank you for these encouragement AceRimmer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:21:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:21:27