Scripts / Make player move faster

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 06:54
I am working on an adrenaline script and pickup everything is working but i can not increase the players speed i figure it is one of these bits.

however i can not get the values to change. I have tried putting a number in the brackets, tried making it = to a number and tried to use a variable inside the bracket but no luck. I'm sure its something simple but i cannot figure it out or can these only be changed inside the gameplayercontrol.lua? (and use then SetGamePlayerControlMaxspeed(e) = #) If anyone has any insight on how to alter/set these it would be much appreciated. Unfortunately alot of my coding is guess work when it comes to using globals try this try that and usually I get it but I cannot seem to figure this out. Thanks again if you can help.
Youtube - www.Youtube.com/MrEaKing Twitch - www.Twitch.com/MrEaKing Steam - Mr EA King

ELC - Explore, Learn and Create.

Desktop - HomeBuilt- Win 7 - AMD-FX 8300 Eight Core 3.30 Ghz
12 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 07:11
Yes the easiest way is to change within gameplayercontrol.lua as these settings are being set and reset every cycle through that code.

Examples of how to use the commands are best seen in there too.

If you check out the 'limp' code posted here you will hopefully get an idea of how you could change the player speed based on a global you set wherever you want in game. Course you would be speeding up the player rather than slowing down .

Your track distance requirement could also be done in a couple of lines in gameplayercontrol.

Just need to keep a copy of the changes you make to reapply if engine update releases and file verify ever overwrite the stock copy.

Cheers.
MrEaKing(YT)
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 07:14
thank you and true enough derp i should of checked there before posting here i even mention it in my post sorry about that
Youtube - www.Youtube.com/MrEaKing Twitch - www.Twitch.com/MrEaKing Steam - Mr EA King

12 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 07:17
Think smallg has a speed up adrenaline script in his thread too. This was done in a clever way before the gameplayercontrol was available but probably still works if you want an even quicker way to get going

Cheers.
MrEaKing(YT)
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 07:25
ya just made a global variable adrenalineused and 2 if statements inside gameplayercontrol.lua

Simple but effective. Thank you again for your help in my time of stupidity.

12 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:29:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:29:50