Bug Reports / Test game dies at 'begin loading LMO files'

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2017 15:22
I made a level that was a bit big. So big in fact that the lightmapper kept incorrectly lightmapping objects. On pre-bake in test game, I had plenty of missing entities, black grass, and my character creator models were simply a floating head and a weapon. I decided to chop the map in 2. The first part works fine; I deleted most of the entities in the second half of the level and everything returned to normal (all objects lightmapped, grass and characters rendered properly). Now I'm making part 2, the second half of the level, and deleting the objects from the first half to improve framerates. But it continually crashes from the 'Initialising physics' part of the test game screen back the editor. The MapEditor log always seems to fail at this line:

179250 : begin loading LMO files S:0MB V: (1333,1236)

I normally try and puzzle this sort of stuff out but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Figured if I post now, I might get a reply by August

AE
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 19:22
Update: I have not solved this issue but instead I tried deleting everything in my level apart from a hand-full of entities. I even flattened all the terrain. Still getting continuous crashes back to the editor. If I had to guess, I think it has something to do with the lightmap caching? Like as if I lightmap a load of objects in the full map and then once I've deleted them, Game Guru doesn't know what to do with that pre-baked lightmap data so crashes.

Is there any way I can purge a .fpm's lightmap data before test game?

AE
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
I seen this problem in levels before , the only way to fix it is to delete the "lightmap" folder inside the fpm.
Just rename the .fpm level to .zip , password for the zip is "mypassword" , after this delete the folder "lightmap" inside the zip, and rename the .zip to .fpm again.

This has always fixed the issue for me

best regards Preben Eriksen,
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2017 23:03
Totally forgot to get back to you, Preben, but your solution worked a treat! Thanks

AE

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:18:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:18:40