Off Topic / [LOCKED] Arabic translation required

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 17:35
Random question: does anyone out there on these forums speak and write Arabic? I'm particularly interested in getting some stuff translated from English to Arabic for my game.

AE
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 18:09
I'm leaving this up for 2 days in the product chat board but will then move it to offtopic. that way you will get some exposure and the rules are enforced
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 18:30 Edited at: 5th Jul 2017 18:42
Quote: "I'm leaving this up for 2 days in the product chat board but will then move it to offtopic. that way you will get some exposure and the rules are enforced"
Yes the rules should be enforced but why pick on this thread for it? This board is awash with off topic, modeling,scripting and feature requests. Always has been since the start and even if it is politely pointed out is just as politely ignored. This has made this the high volume board where folks know their thread will be seen by all, on the old forums the models and media board was the high volume and any attempt to post anything different in it would be moved pretty quickly.
The problem I have with this is important questions and announcements about the actual product get buried and missed and since it is probably the only board visited by most users then it is pointless to ask a relevant question in the other boards where it won't go answered for some time or gets little response, so the circle goes round and round.
Just sayin'
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 19:21
Not sure why but rolfy is right, people only seem to respond to threads on here, the other boards just seem to get ignored.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 20:07
I totally agree with Rolfy, it really niggles me sometimes when people post in the wrong board, it's bad enough for most people, but my OCD screams at me every time I see it lol

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "my OCD screams at me every time I see it lol"

Does anyone know the best place for Digestive biscuits ....
OOoo I bet that's really making you chuck stuff about
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 20:37
Quote: "Does anyone know the best place for Digestive biscuits .... "

Being dunked in my tea!

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 20:43
I do apologise if you thought I was out of turn posting in this board. The description is, after all, "For all aspects of GameGuru that don't fit into the other GameGuru boards"...and this thread does directly pertain to my game. I personally don't consider it totally off-topic or tech/geek culture, plus - like several of you have said - it does get the most traffic.

Once again, sorry if it's caused offence. Mods, do with it as you wish, I knew I was pretty unlikely to find any Arabic speakers here anyway...

AE
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 20:55 Edited at: 5th Jul 2017 21:02
Actually it was more about why pick on this thread when several other users seem to think this is the only board and mods have never said anything about it before now. Might be the only one visited by most users but the reason for that is apparent as said above. Nothing personal.

Quote: "The description is, after all, "For all aspects of GameGuru that don't fit into the other GameGuru boards"...and this thread does directly pertain to my game"
You are absolutely correct and I feel going by that your thread is more relevant than most posted around here which do have specific boards for their topic.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 21:13 Edited at: 5th Jul 2017 21:14
Quote: "Actually it was more about why pick on this thread "

In all fairness if Wolf hadn't already responded then I would also have moved it ..
The Title isnt blatantly obvious at first as he could be asking if the product could be available in Arabic. Its only reading it that it becomes obvious it should be in off topic..

Some start off on a certain topic and evolve into scripts for example and its only later you think it may be best moved. There are many where people ask questions about product issues but it does not mean they should go directly into "Reported Bugs" as they may not be. And we Mods do eat and sleep ... we don't see them all instantly
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "surely google can do this "

I was going to suggest this also ....but you could end up with the usual using translators

Hello friend ..... who are you today .... I hop your feeling cool
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The Title isnt blatantly obvious at first as he could be asking if the product could be available in Arabic. Its only reading it that it becomes obvious it should be in off topic.."
And there are several threads with blatantly obvious titles and content that don't belong on this board either, I don't see those being moved. You are the mods and no point in me arguing about it so I will drop it , just be aware that I am not the only one seeing a certain 'bias' here.

Sorry for derailing this AE it wasn't intentional.
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 21:34 Edited at: 5th Jul 2017 22:03
Quote: "and this thread does directly pertain to my game"

Your game is not the GameGuru product itself. Using your logic, nearly every single thread, including much of "Off-Topic" would qualify to be posted here.

Quote: "why pick on this thread when several other users seem to think this is the only board and mods have never said anything about it before now"

A lot of the topics on this board fall into a grey area of what I would call "Community led product promotion" or "Product Usage Theorycraft". There are also useful tutorials here and there which are of most use to users outside of the content's category (ie: stuff that members who frequent those specialty boards should already know. We don't have other boards which are particularly appropriate for those.

Quote: "there are several threads with blatantly obvious titles and content that don't belong on this board "

Although I personally agree that 2/3 or more of the content in this board doesn't belong here, it wasn't established with particularly clear guidelines. In some ways it's easier to identify what doesn't belong in this board vs. what does belong.

On the old boards, this thread would have been immediately locked as a "Team Request".

That said, pertinent announcements and discussions are stickied. So, they aren't being buried by anything.

Moving forward, I implore those who know better to place their topics in the appropriate boards. If you know that your topic doesn't belong here and are only posting on this board for fear of being overlooked, you should maybe think of poor Belidos and his OCD and the pain you are causing him and your fellow community members.

EDIT:

Since this thread has moved so far off-topic. I'm going to lock it. If someone is available to lend AE a hand, they can PM him.
Be on the lookout for a new thread discussing this topic.

EDIT 2: Topic up here: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/218298
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "A lot of the topics on this board fall into a grey area of what I would call "Community led product promotion" or "Product Usage Theorycraft". There are also useful tutorials here and there which are of most use to users outside of the content's category (ie: stuff that members who frequent those specialty boards should already know. We don't have other boards which are particularly appropriate for those. "
I completely agree with this but there are also several that don't fall into this grey area I could easily point them out but that would put me in a position of appearing to attack other users, which I don't want to do around here, anyone can see for themselves which these are and nothing 'grey' about it. Tried before (in a polite manner) to bring this up and got nowhere now I see 'rules' being enforced on one user alone who has contributed more over the years than most around here.

Quote: "Moving forward, I implore those who know better to place their topics in the appropriate boards. If you know that your topic doesn't belong here and are only posting on this board for fear of being overlooked, you should maybe think of poor Belidos and his OCD and the pain you are causing him and your fellow community members."
This.
If mods are going to enforce the rules then do so without bias I don't care how many badges you got or how popular you are the rules apply to everyone the same.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:56:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:56:31