Product Chat / some specific questions that have really been bugging me

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 4th Jul 2017 02:06
could really use some help with this stuff

how can I make characters run faster? if i put the speed over 110 they just don't move at all, regardless of character type

how can I make an enemy attack you instantly? I would like to skip the roar animation as it takes way too long

how can I make the enemies react faster? they see me, turn at me, but it takes a few seconds sometimes before they attack or start to move at me

how can I have allot of characters on the map and have them all work properly? the more characters I have on the map(regardless of if they are spawned at start or not) only about 3/10 actually work, the rest stand still and do nothing
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2017 02:54
This can all be done via scripting in their LUA files that they reference. All the attack times are in there. For sure though AI still needs a bit of work.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "how can I make characters run faster? if i put the speed over 110 they just don't move at all, regardless of character type "

Really? Used to work fine. Must be a new bug
Quote: "how can I make an enemy attack you instantly? I would like to skip the roar animation as it takes way too long"

You would have to edit the existing script or write a new one. Easiest way is probably to rem out most of that states code and force it to the next one.
Quote: "how can I make the enemies react faster? they see me, turn at me, but it takes a few seconds sometimes before they attack or start to move at me "

There used to be a setting to change the AI's reaction time fairly simply, but now I think the only way is to edit the actual scripts themselves.

Quote: "For sure though AI still needs a bit of work."

Which is disappointing considering the last update was AI. Let's hope it's revisited after the DX11 update.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Lord Reven
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 11th Jul 2017 02:39
I realize most of these problems can be fixed in the scripts but I do not yet fully understand LUA, I tried removing the roar animation line from the scripts and that just made the entire game crash upon start.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
If you are using the goblin script, remming out this line with -- (I've already remmed it here)

--PlayCharacterSound(e,"onAlert")

Like this will stop the sound. This would be on line 118 for me with the goblin script. I'm not seeing a speed issue, in fact the opposite. The Goblin is on me before I've even begun. Perhaps it's a different script? There's a few that use the same effect when they spot you. Didn't see a need to alter anything else. You could always simply remove the sound from the npc in editor I imagine as well, which is probably the better move all round.
Lord Reven
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 14th Jul 2017 07:14
removing the sound file from the editor did nothing for me, the character still does the roar animation just with no sound now guess I will have to try out the script
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Did my message response fix it for you? Changing the array lastroar[] to -2. It should stop the roar from happening.
Lord Reven
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 25th Jul 2017 08:50
yes it did thank you very much !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:25:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:25:17