Product Chat / Always Active - except when triggered?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I posted this on the steam forum but I'll put it here too:

I wanted to signal a couple squads at their base to begin patrol when the enemy is "sighted" by a watchtower. I set a trigger zone around the watchtower with a large radius and named the "Uzi Soldier" group at the base as the target, "If Used." The uzi soldiers were all set to, "Spawn at start = no" and "Always Active = yes." I figured this SHOULD make them active and begin following their waypoints immediately after being activated by the trigger zone but they don't. When I get close enough, I use the scope on my M700 and see they are just standing around the spawn point. If I skip the trigger zone and set them to spawn at start, they jump right on the waypoints and are patrolling long before I get there. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Note: Spawning them at the start is not an option as I'm setting up the level so that if you destroy the watchtower before they spot you (before crossing the trigger zone) then that zone won't spawn the soldiers and you give them less warning time to mobilize. They will instead be activated by another trigger zone MUCH closer to their base.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 24th Jun 2017 11:16
How about instead of them not spawning at the start, have them spawn at start, but create a script on the tower that hides those soldiers when you destroy it?

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Methos
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I don't really want them hidden. Here's the concept:

There will be a central "base" with a bunker or bunkers that will have a few squads, each with their own set of patrol waypoints. When you come within range of the tower, that will alert the base and those soldiers will become active and deploy. However, if you are able to destroy the tower and later return, they will not have that early warning system anymore so I want them to still spawn out from the bunkers, just not as early. Imagine a bullseye with trigger zones as the rings .. one way out at the edge for the tower and one about half way in to the center. The soldiers should stay in the bunker until alerted, whether at the outer marker by the tower or an inner one by say, trip wires or something.
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2017 20:42
@ Methos
Do you means something like this?

Firts try, destroying watchtower, second one does not.

If so, let me know.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Methos
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, pretty much. Just the distance would be greater. Like the watchtower will be far from the bunker and when you hit it's trigger zone, the base will spawn so by the time you get half way to the bunker, troops will be deployed and waiting but if you destroy the tower, they won't spawn until you're right near there. Distance could be as much as 40,000 units or more. But yeah, that looks like it. And I'm gona have an alarm like that too.
PM
Methos
Years of Service
User Offline
See, the thing is, I had about 24 soldiers split into 3 squads of 8, each with a set of waypoints to patrol. When setting them to spawn at the start, by the time I got within range, I could see them patrolling like crazy. But, when I set them to a trigger zone, when I got close enough to spot them with my M700 scope, they were just standing around. They HAD moved out from the spawn area but stopped following the waypoints. And they were all set to always active so, I'm confused as to why they worked in one case but not in the case of a triggerzone.
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2017 21:47
Distances depend where you want to place triggers.

Attach scripts to corresponding entity, scrips are well comented.

If any question about how it works, feel free to ask me.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Methos
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! I'll check it out!
PM
Methos
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I'm just now getting time to look at your scripts and see how they work. Changing things slightly though: now the script to spawn the squads is going to be in the guards themselves in the tower. I'll have 1 guard per tower and if you come within range of the guard (SpawnWhenClose) that will activate the soldiers at the base (the guard reported an intruder). If you shoot the tower guard before you're in his range, that kills the script so they will not be alerted to you. I'll have a few towers like that spread around. The scripting for that already works except, just like before, when the AI soldiers spawn, they don't follow their waypoints. I've tried the SpawnWhenClose and they don't follow; tried using Freeze/Unfreeze but they start in motion. (With freeze/unfreeze, I attach a script to a barrel to freeze them at start and include the unfreeze commands in the SpawnWhenClose script - change spawn commands to unfreeze. In this case they do follow the waypoints but, they aren't frozen from the start. Ugh! What am I missing here? Your guy came right out and followed the path, why isn't my squad? Frustrating. :p
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 11:00:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 11:00:14