Product Chat / Character Screams Etc.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've noticed that characters no longer react vocally when they spot the player or scream when they are killed. Just wondering if this is unique to my system...?

Also, the character AI is still very poor. I've got characters walking on the spot, trying to walk through walls or just ignoring the player (despite view angle being 180). Waypoints don't seem to help much. I think the AI is dragging GG down more than anything else right now, the poor quality of this stands out more and more as the other stuff improves.
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Also, the character AI is still very poor. I've got characters walking on the spot, trying to walk through walls or just ignoring the player (despite view angle being 180). Waypoints don't seem to help much. I think the AI is dragging GG down more than anything else right now, the poor quality of this stands out more and more as the other stuff improves."

it's probably related to this
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Smallg. Looks like AI is just generally broken.
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2017 20:37
Hmm!

I found it to be rather competent when Bugsy and I released our first games, but that was before the overhaul.
Have you tried to see if its just as broken in a built game? How do you spawn your AI? Can we see a screenshot of your level lay out?

-Wolf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 10:58:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 10:58:18