Scripts / RPG Module 2: Turn-based battle, multiple party members

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2017 12:46 Edited at: 7th Jan 2018 14:26
I've published a new script in the Game Creators store, to turn a GameGuru game into a 3D version of a classic JRPG adventure, with multiple player characters and a turn-based battle system. More about that in the store forum:

https://www.tgcstore.net/forum/thread/164

I try to keep the store product as solid as possible, so I'll post all the unofficial content, modifications, tests, etc. to this thread. I have also decided to publish the core of RPG2 logic for free, so if you just want to use the experience point/level up system, but don't want to pay for my Menu, Shop and Battle system, feel free to use the rpg2_global_essentials. Hopefully you'll find it useful. You will also need it if you want to test my free scripts without buying the actual script set.

rpg2_global_essentials.lua

If you want to test the scripts without buying the actual script set (or build something that utilises my RPG2 tables), you can use this set of global functions to load the essential parts of the RPG Module 2. This script has the core functions of EXP/Level up system and RPG2 Message system. It lacks all functions related to RPG2 Menu, RPG2 Shop and RPG2 Battle.

rpg2_battle_special.lua

I was contaced in my Youtube channel about whether it was possible to create a separate battle area outside of the normal field. Of course creating a separate map for this would be impractical, but by playing with TransportToIfUsed() I managed to create something kind like that. This script transfers player and enemy entities to the IfUsed() entity of the enemy character when a battle happens.

However there seems to be some kind bug with a Y coordinate of the enemy entity that causes it to graually sink below ground each time a transfer happens. Not sure whether it is a problem with my script or some GameGuru related issue. However, the script looks like this:

rpg2_global_essentials.lua (mouse cursor add-on)

Controlling the menu with a mouse cursor has been repeatedly requested, so I've now written a simple function to make it happen, even though I have to point out that I'm not 100 % satisfied of the mouse cursor behaviour in GG games. If you have knowledge of Lua and want to use the mouse cursor, take this function, add it to the code and call it from different menu functions to activate the mouse cursor. If not, don't worry. I'm going to include this to the next update.

This is how it looks like: https://youtu.be/icn3gpEgidM

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2017 08:55
Sweet. Nice to see you back.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

SaintPhillip
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I picked up your script- This is exactly what I wanted to do with this program. Thanks.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:08:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:08:42