Product Chat / FPV to TPV

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2017 11:33
Is it possible to go from First Person View to Third Person View and then from Third Person View to First Person View, all while in the same map? I know I would need to place a character on the player start arrow in order to get Third Persom, but what I am talkning about is this.......

Games starts and your in First Person View, you then click a button on the keyboard and it switches you to Third Person View, You click the same button and it switches you back to First person View, and you can change back and forth all day to your heart's desire. Is this possible and if so, please show me exactly how to do this?
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 11th Jun 2017 13:55
Not at the moment without a lot of scripting work.

Lee has opened up this area of player control to users (with lua scripting) but I think there is at least one method missing - to be able to dynamically change the weapon held for TPV - think we need something like SwitchAttachment(e,gunID). Also seems no way to completely turn off the legacy TPV animation engine so this makes adding animations challenging though possible.

Other people may have got further than me of course

Cheers.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
That is actually on the voting list but only 553 votes .... Lots wanted above that unfortunately ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
According to the last update info it's possible. I personally haven't looked into ti though. The weapon thing seems an issue of course and has possibly been missed by Lee when he added the latest lua commands. You could possibly get round it by loading the same character up with each weapon and then simply using the relevant npc, hiding the rest until they are needed. You would however have to rely on your own scripts or heavily modify the existing ones ,as at the moment if you set your npc to 3rd person there's no real way to swap back and forth afterwards.

Still, I can't say I've done more than give the new control script a cursory glance, it may be easier to change than I am thinking. I'm not keen on having to edit the FPE to alter anims though, and haven't seen an easy way to add more variety in this area. I spent ages searching for a pistol fire anim for instance. It seems there isn't one, or it's well hidden and I have missed it, so third person shooting feels pretty uninspiring and unrealistic for me. Take shooting again, when you aim up and down your character should angle their torso and arms to suit, again this does not happen and basically ruins the effect entirely. You would really need to be able to rotate limbs to achieve this, anims will not really cut it and I'm unsure at this point if you can do that on an animated object in GG.

Third person was definitely a rushed job and is nowhere near complete really. We will have to see what if anything happens in this area. Of course we have to wait awhile for the DX11 version to be hatched first

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 10:53:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 10:53:58