Off Topic / SWGEMU i have a new cook ;)

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 23:45 Edited at: 9th Jun 2017 23:53
loving this atm graphically not so good content excellent 8 characters all have to have CH = creature handler 1 character ready for jedi, the rest are a mixture of smuggler, entertainer, droid engineer, armor smith/weapon smith, etc etc kinda fun now have a settlement on talus with buff house crafting center with vendors and now bio engineered pets oh and my new cook she's particularly good at noodles

And one of my master Creature Handlers "Esolice"

Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 14th Jul 2017 17:00 Edited at: 14th Jul 2017 17:04
Isn't it weird how our perception changes over time, I remember playing Star Wars Galaxies and Lord of the Rings Online religiously for years, I even remember the first time I played LOTRO thinking how stunning the scenery was, and spending hours in both LOTRO and SWG just exploring and looking at the scenery.

Now, years later I recently installed and ran both games, and I was like "WTF i'm sure this game looked way better than this!", they actually both look really bad graphically, all the textures are really low quality, most aren't even UV mapped very well, and it doesn't look like they've used normal maps at all, or if they do they're not very good ones.

I clearly remember the first time I played LOTRO, and entering Archet thinking, oh my god this looks so great, those buildings really look like they've been burnt down! But just look at this picture, I have no idea how I ever thought that lol.

It's just so weird because I remember these games, and others, giving me the "oooh" factor over how stunning the graphics were, yet now they look like they're no better than 8bit graphics lol.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.

Attachments

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2017 01:11
Very true m8 but the content is good tbh graphics are the least important to me tbh a good game is a good game the thing that holds me to swg to this day is content, you can do stuff lots of stuff This is where sometimes GG lacks why worry about aaa graphics if all you can do is walk around it? Anyone would soon get bored, i would! Wheras if theres lots to do you dont! I see platformers getting great reviews? why....content.
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2017 18:01
There is a huge difference between technical graphical fidelity, which will not age well, and artistic graphical fidelity which can be timeless or at least hold up very well. Multiplayer games have always been exceptionally ugly to me and I was never able to get into them. SWEGMU looks competently designed but LOTRO looks very generic and rushed in comparison.

Perception also changes the more superior content you see. When I was a child, I saw an animatronic dinosaur movie and my childs brain attributed the stiff movement of the puppets to them being coldblooded creatures from another time . This was of course long before I saw the first jurassic park.

Browsing through games from the late 90s and early 2000s there are definately those that cleverly used their available technology and still hold up visually and those that just don't, even though your perception at the time might have been different. Its not much different with movies.

@Honkeyboy: I tend to disagree. Videogames give all of their input to you visually. Its a video - game. No matter how simple the graphics may be, hey have to be compelling enough to convey their mood and content, otherwise you are likely just not interested.
That doesn't mean that they need to have the newest high fidelity graphics. Gothic looks and plays way more compelling to me than Two worlds.

Games that bank entirely on graphics are quickly forgotten and games that are design failures likely rarely played.

Just throwing in my 2 cents!

-Wolf
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2017 18:53
What i meant there Wolf m8 was the graphics in comparison to modern games now isnt that good, back then they we're pretty good (especially the lightsaber battles) what i was kinda pointing at was the abuility to plonk housing down, craft items in their hundreds depending on what prof you was.
That amount of sheer content is what makes me want to re visit and play again. Yes i do agree that good graphics are what initially attract me to any particular game at first but what eventually holds me to a game is the content e.g fallout 4 I'm hooked on turning the little crappy settlements into massive fortress's atm which are that height i can neally see accross the whole world lol
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2017 02:21
Haha! I get ya Honkeyboy.

Lots of content or some very well made content usually keeps me hooked too. I'll probably pass on fallout 4 though.

side note: currently replaying stuff from when I was way younger and never managed to get far in. Baldurs Gate 1 and 2. The graphics are awful as everything is sprite based and kinda 2 dimensional...but the artwork is still kinda impressive.

Quote: " i can neally see accross the whole world lol "

C'me on now! I'm sure you can make 'em bigger!

-Wolf
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 19th Jul 2017 09:49
A lot of people go by the look of a game rather than content but I prefer good gameplay over prettyness, my favourite Tomb Raider is number 2 which is so low poly and graphically challenged today, I am playing it again at the moment and loving every minute, maybe it is partly nostalgia as it is one of the first games I ever played but it still does it for me.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2017 10:19 Edited at: 19th Jul 2017 10:26
Boulders gate lol loved that game, still have the disks and NWN
@JonRobbo yeah m8 tomb raider was good i played the latest series a few months back,
@ Wolf im in the process of doing so m8 rofl but i have soo many settlements to keep happy, make beds structures, food, water etc its getting hard to keep up and they are neally always unhappy with something no matter how drunk on soda i keep them i'll do a walkaround when Ive completed one
oh and if you like the whole RP settlement building/ fighting thing deffo avoid fallout4 otherwise you end up welded to the computer chair especially with the dlcs
1 thing i noticed that would be real handy in GG though re: the swg pic is bubble text specially in multiplayer, would be cool for alot of game genres social etc etc if ever the player numbers could be increased, I'd personally have a shot at doing some kind of sci fi social multiplayer
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2017 15:32
I miss my TKM/Swordsman, with a hint of medic, was a whirlwind of distruction. Might have to install the EMU sometime and join ya for some reminiscing sometime, although tbh my memory is terrible, It's been so long since I played pre-cu I don't remember much of it.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2017 09:41 Edited at: 21st Jul 2017 09:42
I use my M swords tkm medic for credit grinding i'll have to log in and stick some creds into the houses later.
I've just walled off Sanctuary against raiders etc and started adding the neon signs on the outside heres a pic after the first stage lol try getting inside there
Inside the walls is quite something with bars, amusement arcades, the overseers offices housing, lots of traps and guns 3 floors with farming at the top, 3k power atm about 500 defence shame they dont have dancers in it for a nightclub lol

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

CoconutFrog
Years of Service
User Offline
Graphic looks like Morrowind or same stuff.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2017 11:59 Edited at: 31st Aug 2017 12:18
Just been going through some old USB sticks and found some of my old SWG pictures from Farstar, so i thought i would share them with you...

The first is a droid workshop i built, at the time i was one of the top droid engineers and armourers on Farstar so i just had to decorate my shop appropriately :

The second is a fish tank i built in my Mustafarian bunker (this was well before the fish tank collection was added) :

The third one is a window i created in one of my first shops, it's made from a painting, two book cases, eight ottomans, and four long skirts :

and finally an obligatory shot of me with an AT-AT :

Added Bonus, a music video my buddies and i did (i'm the trandoshan in the mix of stormtrooper/BH armour, and a couple of the other dancers) :

Edit: Found another video, i'm the zabrak in ... speedos ... :

The player city in these videos consisted basically of 70 or so buildings, a good 40 of which were mine lol.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:

Attachments

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2017 20:37 Edited at: 31st Aug 2017 20:38
PMSL dance emotes proper made that game LMAO here at those we need a shed load of those in GG people would just make daft videos all day lol
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2017 11:54
Been playing this quite a bit lately, thoroughly enjoying myself. Was a bit taken back when i first loaded it up after X many years, i was like "omg i'm sure the graphics were better than this!", but i guess it's just rose tinted glasses, also having a wide monitor to play it with gives it a bit of a horizontal stretch, might have to dig out my old crt monitor just to play it how it was meant to be played

I'm playing on SWGLegends, which is an NGE server, i much prefer pre-CU but it's been a while since i played and the most recent version i played was NGE, and with my memory being what it is (more like what it isnt lol) i'm finding it easier to remember the NGE system.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2017 16:25
The emu e.g swgemu is all pre cu tbh m8 doesnt take long to get used to again, yeah dont you just love the aaa graphics lol, legends any good? might give it a whirl been hammering eq2 to power level my palidin so subbed for 1 month to grind like a nutter 46 now hopefully should be 50 tonight without using potions.

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2017 22:00
SWGLegends is pretty good, it's an NGE server and pretty stable, they just need to implement the chat server properly, it's not quite right yet.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
SWG was defo one, if not my fave mmo. I played SWG emu a fair few years back and that worked fine as far as I could see. They even had a version with updated graphics they were working on and you could test every now and then. It wasn't too bad actually. SWG at the time was too addictive by far. I'm even now thinking of looking into installing it again, just from reading these posts.

@ Belidos. You spent more time setting your house up than me, mine were either packed with resources like a storeroom or had backpacks attached to the wall with resources in. Furniture was a distraction, generally, lol. SWG is the only game I got grief off players simply because I still had my original clothing on, after a year or so. How did you manage to get 40 houses btw? How many accounts did you have?! Or was it a guild thing?

I'd add that at least for me, the graphics for SWG were never that good. The sheer amount of stuff to do and see though was great and I had far too many hours of fun with it, and many hours grinding like a robot as well, lol.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 15:17
I had 8 accounts towards the end. SWG was the only MMO I was happy to pay more than one monthly sub for, and seriously put me in debt lol

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 21:41 Edited at: 14th Oct 2017 21:44
8 accounts... I thought I was crazy when I got a second. I only kept both running for about 6 months or so though. Even then I never had enough quality resources and spent hours surveying planets for the plethora of resources needed. I remember it well, ping! run towards the marker, ping go again, till you got a decent percentage, then either sit and extract or when you got further in put down an extractor.

Hmm, I'm hankering to try it again now. I seem to remember having to DL the CD's last time I tried SWG emu. The originals didn't work? Can't quite remember. I still have it installed on my netbook, although it didn't really run that well on that, would really prefer to get it back on the man machine. Anyone else use SWGemu? Have they got the updated version going yet?

Edit- Just checked the site out, seems you can use your original CD's. I seem to remember there being an issue connecting up last time though and having to download new disks or something like that.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 21:47
I was a bigtime crafter of the first order, I had all the trade skills, across various characters, including bio-engineering and creature handling, on Farstar my shops were extremely popular, and I had basically the best of almost all of the resources, I used an external website that tracked the current resources to choose which resources to farm on any one day, that's how I was able to maintain my quality of goods, I was literally making millions of credits a day from my vendors. I was extremely upset when the servers closed, I had put so much of myself into that game, it was depressing, I didn't even turn my PC on for about three months after that.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I was extremely upset when the servers closed, I had put so much of myself into that game, it was depressing, I didn't even turn my PC on for about three months after that."

I felt it hard to leave all my long collected stuff and a fair few million credits as well. All that extra stuff you got for pre-ordering updates and such, mounts, vehicles, Emperor Thrones lol. Still, the long line of nerfs had already mostly ruined it for me.

Hmm, seems I was a member of True Galaxies for a time. Maybe that was the one with the new graphics update. Seems to be the only one I have any old mails for. Not sure which one to try at the mo.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 22:22
Well there's two main ones I play from time to time, SWG:EMU was the first one to be worked on, that's a Pre-CU server, and SWG:Legends which is an NGE server, they both work well enough, it's still not quite the quality of the official servers, but good enough.

My favourite period was Pre-CU, CU was a total disaster, then they just completely changed the game with the NGE, while CU did some serous damage what really killed the game was the NGE, it wasn't that it was bad, iot wasn't great when it was released, but as they added missing features back in it actually became very good, the big reason it killed the game was because of the low and underhanded way they released it, we didn't even get much warning it was just bang there you go everything's changed, that's what killed SWG, Smedley's mishandling and communication. Would you believe he got awards for that? so gutting

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 22:43 Edited at: 14th Oct 2017 22:44
I was halfway to Jedi when they introduced CU, which nerfed em. There was no perma death, so that was a plus, but Jedi were not as deadly as they had been, I was probably better as a half Jedi in the original than after the CU and having full Knight status. The NGE nerfed em completely, I had an elder Jedi status and a slightly better robe than NGE Jedi is all. The only thing I preferred with the updates were the extra planets to visit really.

I've installed the original, now just need to work out how to get it to run on the different servers.

I take it none of these servers have a graphically updated version? I remember testing it out once or twice, it had a reasonable new look to it, but it was only available at specific times and certain locations at the time. Was hoping it would have been done and dusted by now. No-one has heard of True Galaxies? The website is still around, but not sure if it is still up and running. It may well have been the version I'm thinking of as I remeber that being the one I played, it was Pre-CU as well.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2017 20:41 Edited at: 15th Oct 2017 20:43
I was Jedi when they brought in the CU after they messed it all up the just made our jedi glowie lol nice :/ the pre cu emu is i think the most stable as its the original emu, they are working on bringing back jedi but not making it easy. Have lots of master C/H combos on there and some crafters still a good game though even with the dated graphics but at least it'll run on anything just about lol. should run fine if you have the disks or the tre files up to 18 i think in a folder.
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2017 06:25 Edited at: 16th Oct 2017 06:26
Yeah the pre-cu era was when it was at its best, the only thing I didn't like was the way you had to mix and match armour, while I liked the system where you had to choose carefully between utility and encumbrance, it meant everyone wore mismatched armour and everyone looked like space hobos, it kind of distracted from the aesthetics, it especially triggered my ocd when I saw people running around in mixtures of different imperial armour, totally wrecked the roleplayed in me lol

One thing that really annoyed me wad when they stopped running the cries of alderman events they were great, I was so proud when I got my original swoop helm.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Spent a fair few hours on it now. Like going back in time lol. Going take a bit of getting back into, but slowly getting a tkm up and running.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2017 21:52 Edited at: 16th Oct 2017 21:58
ooo TKM lol takes ages at the beginning My master swords has the meditate line took blooming forever lol :/
@ Belidos you can get a full set m8 just need to have the right slice and maybe get an ID to restat you in cnet.
aw im gonna have to log in and reset up my workshops tomorrow now lol
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "TKM lol takes ages at the beginning"

No kidding, lol I've just managed to get the XP needed for Novice TKM and I've killed a hell of a lot of critters. A lot of grinding to be done, not sure I have the patience anymore. The only issue I have noticed is that in the main the sever is somehow empty, despite being fairly full. Spent near 2 hours searching for a CH trainer yesterday, when I found one, I found I was short on a scouting skill I'd dismissed as optional Wasted a buff and everything, lol. Having people who answer you when stuck like that would have been much more helpful. It doesn't help they don't seem listed on the map either, which I remember from the original vaguely. An attempt to make it more mysterious I imagine, I was not feeling very mysterious while searching all of Theed for it yesterday (to find there is no trainer at Theed).

All good fun (sort of ).
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2017 10:38
Creature Handler Trainers
Tatooine - Mos Entha 1372 3263
Tatooine - Mos Espa -2994 2530
Talus - Nashal 4467 5482
Rori - Restuss 5134 5749
Naboo - Kaadara 5181 6806
Corellia - Coronet -55 -4565
Corellia - Doaba Guerfel 3162 5191

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Belidos. Guess what the first thing I came across while questing the next day? It was a player city with all the trainers I need all together, lol.

Got CH now, although I forgot how slow it is to get started, will have to wait for my pets to grow a bit before there remotely useful. The hills were alive with "Easy..", "Don't be afraid.", "Don't bite me." etc for a short while. Now I either spend forever finding babies or just wait till they grow so they aren't instantly in-capped in combat.

Only issue with SWG emu is I lost my Special edition goggles. Not really, but it was amazing how many times I got asked about those back in the day.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2017 17:06
What are your character names on EMU guys? Would be nice to add you to my friends list and chat in game sometime, my name's Belidos Goveko

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Vaurou is one of mine, I have a few now, lol, mostly auto generated (naming your toon can be somewhat frustrating otherwise, even them many are taken!).
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2017 10:04 Edited at: 20th Oct 2017 10:07
Awesome, i'll add you to my friends list.

Last night was the first time i've played Pre-Cu since CU was released, and it was quite a shock, i remembered quite a bit, but it's taking me a while to get used to playing again because all my gaming reflexes have been trained over the years to respond to the more generic controls of more recent mmo's, the type of controls they tried to use for NGE, so it's taking some time to get used to it. I especially forgot how slow the old combat system was, it's pretty much turn based, which i never liked anyway, but i'll get used to it.

I'm working with the one character for now, who is going to be TKM/Swordsman with a bit of medic, but i will eventually start in an artisan character, and a Creature Handler/Bi-Engineer. Bck in the day before the CU i was very deeply involved with the BE community and was responsible for discovering many of the "formulas" used for the commonly created pets, and when Beastmaster was added back in during the NGE i did the same then, i was one of the first on the server to hatch a Spined Rancor. i doubt i will be getting involved on that scale again, but i'm looking forward to setting up a lab again. I'll have to keep my eyes open for open city slots or someone who owns a city who will let me drop a med center, they're my favorite buildings and make great laboratories

Sorry for the waffle, but SWG was one of the games i put the most effort into (hence having 8 accounts originally), and when it closed down it actually depressed me so much i couldn't even consider using the EMU, but now i'm back in, i can really see myself getting back into it and spending a lot of time playing, if Sony ever got the license to create an updated modern version of SWG i would so jump on that in a heart beat

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2017 10:15 Edited at: 20th Oct 2017 10:26
Oh yeah, DVader, with regards to grinding combat skills, if you're trying to do it via missions terminals, one tip i will always remember, don't take lair/nest missions, always take NPC missions, with those missions you only get one spawn of NPC's then can safely blat the base down, rinse repeat, whereas you get three spawns of creature in lairs/nests and it just takes ages to do a mission, where skilling up is concerned in SWG doing lots of quick missions rapidly works out better than doing a less missions with more to kill over time.

Here's a little trip down memory lane ... Did any f you guys ever take part in the regular (i think it as three nights a week) Squill hunting groups out of Anchorhead? Some of the best fun i ever had, 20+ people en masses pulling up Squill missions and piling in, Squills were so tough back then that even +20 man groups could get wiped by them, but it was awesome fun and amazing XP

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2017 10:32 Edited at: 20th Oct 2017 10:33
Ooh, just found a couple more screen shots, both NGE unfortunately, but here the are ...

First one's a gun turret i built on the roof of my house (one of the "new" houses with windows), using components from JTL, and the second one's a screenshot of one of my many vendor shops, this one was my highly successful costume shop, i put together selections of clothing that were outfits themed from the films and sold them as kits, it was really popular, and i ended up employing three other tailors to mass produce them for me to keep up with demand

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:

Attachments

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2017 15:07
Quote: "my highly successful costume shop, i put together selections of clothing that were outfits themed from the films and sold them as kits,"

Now that would be a cool idea for GG,a online shop we’re people could walk around view and purchase parts or figures for there projects .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2017 18:50
@ Dvader if you need training for C/H m8 just let me know and i'll log in most of mine are master C/H should have a few spare pets too
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2017 15:58
FYI just started my scout, his name is Tedril Goveko

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2017 16:28
ok m8 will log in tomorrow for a bit when I'm on my main pc don't think i have the disks here nope just checked i haven't looks like its Empyrion or Fifa on the ps3 for me tonight then lol
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2017 16:59
lol.

Whats the easiest way to get scout exp? harvesting hide is really slow

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Honkeyboy. I've just got the bottom tier of skills so far with my CH. I will probably log in later with him. I thankfully had no problems finding my disks, I still have the Special Edition and it is in a big box NO idea what your SWG name is though, unless it's the obvious...

@ Belidos. Harvesting is the only way to get scout XP. It's also a pain to manually harvest stuff. I set up a macro to harvest meat to add to a shortcut. Everytime I kill something just need to hit F12 to harvest. Lot's faster. The only way to really speed up the process is to group up and go for bigger kills with more resources. I managed to level up the harvesting side pretty quick though (even with dwarf nuna's. Many died to get my XP).

Scouting is way better with creature missions

SWG is very slow and laborious to level up really. I don't think it was ever intended for people to pick a proff and grind it out as fast as possible. It was more a slow process that you would do while exploring the world and stuff. The slowest part for me is the camping part. Still got several boxes to go in that area, not keen on sitting making traps in a camp. Probably quick if you get plenty people in camp if I remember correctly.

I added you to my friends list but so far only seen you offline.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2017 13:09 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2017 13:15
Yeah not online at the moment, the servers went down for an update so I jumped on SWGLegends (btw swglegends has updated graphics and SFX, but you have to enable them from the custom launcher, it's a combination of new models and reshader working together not amazing but a bit better), i'll be on EMU shortly. I'm mostly on Tedril Goveko at the moment.

I'm a little torn now, I loved pre-CU, and still do, mainly for the skill system, but I have to admit the control method and combat system in nge is much more fluid and easier to handle. I just wish they would have added the nge combat/control system on top of pre-cu instead of completely remaking the game.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know I never really liked the NGE system at the time. Logging back into the original was like going home, lol. I can't remember the combat being drastically different, the NGE had new icons but you still queued em up the same way.

Legends sounds like it's running a similar thing to the version I tested way back. New models with updated textures and stuff. Although I'm not sure but the graphics seem a touch better now in emu than they used to be. Perhaps it's just that the game now runs super slick at last It was always a little bit of a hog back when it was released.

I'm on now, so are we even on the same server? Lol. There's only 2 I can see and one has barely got anyone on it. I picked the busier one, Basilisk.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2017 16:48 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2017 17:04
NGE wasn't queuing, it ws on timers, much faster paced

me and honkey have been on all afternoon, yes we're on basilisk

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah yeah I remember, you had to wait for the box to relight up. Pretty much the same thing though, just without the advantage of queuing moves. Wasn't a fan. The NGE was the beginning of the end for SWG. They lost many of the players who were sick of the game being changed over and over, and didn't particularly win any WOW users over (which was why the game got it's biggest changes).

I'll never like the NGE though, it gimped my Jedi and for that I will never forgive it. It took me forever to get at the time.

I defo missed you this weekend, maybe catch one or both of you later this week or next weekend.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2017 11:06 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2017 11:18
Would be awesome to get together in game with you mate, Honkey and myself spent most of the afternoon and evening together in game, got myself from novice scout to CH 0011 in an afternoon with Honkey's help, and had great fun, we've both just set up houses just outside anchorhead for now, we were having great fun, well at least i was, not sure about honkey, i think i overwhelmed him with questions, he was probably fed up with me by the end

BTW, i have a teamspeak server if you guys ever want to chat, let me know and i'll drop you the details, i find typing in mmo's so clumsy now lol.

It's actually been pretty daunting trying to relearn everything, I was a big time CH/BE back in the day, was very involved in the CH/BE community and one of the top on the server not long before NGE hit, after NGE and when they reintroduced CH/BE as Beastmaster i was also very involved, and was the first person to find the dna configuration for a stable high stat CL10 creature which anyone could use without having to be a BM, i as also for a short time befoe NGE the droid engineer corespondent (basically community liaison with the devs for that specific aspect f the game), but jumping back in after so long i'm actually scared by how much i have forgotten, although to be honest, so far everything i have asked Honkey to explain to me has almost instantly come back the moment i've typed the question, i feel such a noob.

Also apologies to Honkey if at times yesterday i seemed to phase out and take time over stuff, the moment i added SWGEmu to my steam library i was getting message after message, i had about fifteen to twenty different people who i used to play SWG with sending me messages, after years of not hearing from them lol

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2017 15:22 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2017 22:04
Nah it cool m8 np was glad to help will log in later and craft a few items for you guys to use @Dvader sent your toon a waypoint to the houses m8 i'll most likey be on as chewseverything so add him and let me know what you need crafting, tools,stations harvies a few guns and armours etc.
Oh and Esolice is waiting for a visit from an old man lol so will log him in and out.

EDIT: I have added both Tedril and Vaurou to admin on Anchorhead Trading in the room with the crafting stations theres a container with the crafted gear for you both i'll do a mix of semi starter crafting and fighting supplies help yourself guys.
and guess who got a visit tonight?

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2017 16:47 Edited at: 26th Oct 2017 16:50
I'm definitely getting hooked again!

This has been playing looped all day at work lol ....

Last night i made yet another new character (kaomond), he's going to be my BE/Smuggler (chose smuggler so i can use feign death if dna sampling goes wrong, also SLICING!) got so far he is Marksman 0202, Brawler 2000, scout 0020, and medic 0004

This will be his final spec i think:
http://swgrp.co.uk/SWG/be-smug.htm

So here's my list of characters now:

Tedril - CH/Rifleman
Belidos - MBrawler/Swordsman with a mix of fencer and pistol skills for ranged and melee defenses (desperately need to find someone to do a stat migration for him, i messed up, he's a mindless oaf).
Kaomond - BE/Smuggler
Kaomir - Entertainer (AFK trainign the bejeesus out of her at the moment)
Rhadi - Crafter, not sure what crafts yet, but will definitely have Tailor, and maybe Chef so i can use gthe BE tissues.

(Edit: Notice how my web space address is swgrp.co.uk and all my emails the same? That's left over from when i played live and i run a huge roleplaying community SWG - RP)

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2017 15:22 Edited at: 30th Oct 2017 15:23
Still seem to keep missing everyone. How I don't know, I've been playing a fair bit (although afk a lot with my artisans, who wants to watch them sample?). I'm surprised you managed to get your old names from when the game was live, I had to make new names and random ones at that (mostly). Oddly I only have noticed people online, when they log off. Never spotted a log on message as yet. Maybe it's a setting issue with the friends list.

Why I find the game so addictive is beyond me, lol. I mean its mostly kill things, many, many things. Then you can kill MORE things in a different way, lol. I've collected over 100k of herbivore meat with Vaurou while killing and still nowhere near master of CH or TK. Well, I'm doing okay, but the grind is as bad as I remember Think I'm at 3313 CH and 1221 TK atm, plus 3331 scout and obviously minimum brawler points to get TK.

I did pop to the house you sent a waypoint for, but didn't want to touch anything until you were online really. I'm still homeless as yet, although my artisans are starting to accrue stuff and inventory space is real low for my novice Chef/Master Artisan. So a house may be in order, or a backpack at least

Cool getting started on Jedi, I started a toon to do that, but have paused on that for now as it's so much work to level one character, never mind 5! I may just get my TK CH to go that route, will be far easier to do missions with him My marksman/rifleman is still really puny, although he can one shot most stuff (easy stuff) he struggles when ever he can't. I used to hate marksman, still do really, but I remember rifleman being useful back in the day. Just the grind is killing me

Although Chef is a nasty grind as well, don't generally get killed doing that though
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2017 15:51 Edited at: 30th Oct 2017 16:58
I messaged you about half an hour or so ago, but got no reply (was being sneaky and grinding artisan at work ), i also sent you a message either last night or the night before.

Have you added all my characters to your friends list (ctrl+p) make sure you tick the box to show notifications if the friend logs on.

Kaomond (i'm mostly on this one)
Kaomir (is always on, just inside the cantina grinding entertainer)
Tedril
Belidos
Rhadi

I'm having some great fun with my smuggler/BE at the moment, i'm pulling 10k NPC missons (slicing the terminals), making 200k credits per buff session, of course, i'm spending as fast as i'm earning because i'm supplying 5 characters lol

I wish we had the personal transports from the later days of SWG, i used to have my shop outside mos eisley, but my factories and storage were on lok, and i used to transport back and forth. I just love the loction i had on Lok because it was a hidden valley that as perfectly flat and miles from anywhere, the perfect location if you have transports, can almost guarantee nobody has claimed it already, and i'd love to set up there again.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:52:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:52:55