Easy Building Editor / Sloping Roofs - EBE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Are there any plans to add a feature to the EBE for making sloping roofs and maybe some curves? I know you can attach stock entities to EBE-created structures.
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2017 12:39
There are no plans to have native slopes in the Easy Building Editor, currently, your building brick is a cube to make the construction process simple. There may be a possibility of having wedge primitives as part of the editing process, but the danger is that it then tries to become a 3D modeler and a bad one at that. Have you tried your hand at a 3D modeler and importing the result, you may find you get all the finer detail tools you need for the 'next step' in creating your own structures.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 8th Jun 2017 12:45 Edited at: 8th Jun 2017 12:48
Quote: " the danger is that it then tries to become a 3D modeler and a bad one at that."

Although I agree its not intended as a complete model program and its just for the basics I think you are underestimating your creation and not giving yourself enough credit
Seriously..... Although intended as a basic construction tool what other model program creates its own UV map with 16 textures and the fact you can turn it into a standalone model by removing the .EBE file is amazing ..
The whole concept is pure Genius IMHO
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2017 15:11
People ... beyond some increase in polygons compared to identical models optimized ... EBE is one of the great complements of GG. If we are lazy and we do not want to use the FMotion ... EBE is the best.
The game is a serious thing (El juego es una cosa seria)
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
It's a slight shame it doesn't have an integrated roofing feature. I understand it's not meant to be a fully-featured 3D modeller but it is meant for making buildings, and most buildings have sloped roofs.
PM
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: around
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 01:52 Edited at: 9th Jun 2017 01:57
The EBE is a goldmine that just needs to be mined properly. Its all blocks yes, but so are bricks.....

I am early in the project but I thought this thread might be the right one to show what I am working on.

Essentially its a modular system that should allow to create typical factory or apartement buildings completely from premade elements - flat roofs only, but for these kinds of buildings thats ok.

The wall sections are made in seperate parts not only to speed up building but also to enable the use of different textures for the different elements. At the moment my plate uses 8 textures (including 3 floor textures and 2 different windows) for the base wall section, which leaves me another 8 textures for doors, gates, inner walls and variations like damage, grafitti, etc.

The final goal will be to create the single parts of the modular systems in a way that the complete texture plate for a finished EBE structure can be swapped to create different looking buildings in short time. Of course the finetuning of both the parts and textures will take some time....
In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
Recently Online
Quote: "The EBE is a goldmine that just needs to be mined properly."

Yep that's hitting the nail on the head and that's some pretty impressive modules your creating there.
Although the EBE may seem basic if you put the time and thought in you would never really know its EBE created.
A module system like that can be used many times over for different constructions and interior levels ..

Nice job looking great !!
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2017 00:42
That's a great example of what can be done with the EBE.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2017 19:13 Edited at: 16th Jun 2017 19:14
The best I could come with is using the stairs for the roof.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2017 13:35
Quote: "The best I could come with is using the stairs for the roof"

You could make a great old church with a roof like that .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
EBE is to simple, not even worth using if you know how to model. For none modelers, ya I guess its a gold mine.
"So let it be written; so let it be done." Account got messed up with introduction to steam. I am Jackal
Joined 2nd Dec 2009.
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
I love the EBE. I am rubbish at modelling even in Milkshape3D! Really bad at texturing too.
PM
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 10:39
Bod has made a load of free sloping roofs for EBE.
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. I'll take a look.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 13:24:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 13:24:03