3rd Party Models/Media Chat / @dagored - Barbarian chained

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2017 23:53 Edited at: 6th Jun 2017 14:47
First of all I love your stuff and have bought just about all of it so far. I finally found a place to use the chained barbarian. However, I'm having problems with it changing position from where I initially place it in the map. The attached images shows this issue:

Addendum 6th Jun 2017: As far as placement of the barbarian I just have to do trial and error. Not unusual. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do so much of that with the newer engine. Oh well, c'est le vie .
When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 01:44
Check out this place. Captures your screen and uploads to a website, so you have valid URL links to post your images.

http://puush.me
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 03:25
Thanks PM. I am looking into it. In the meantime I attached the images.

-Jamie Hyneman
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
if it's set as dynamic then set isimmoboile = yes to stop it moving (or turn the physics off if you don't mind the player being able to pass through it)
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 22:01 Edited at: 5th Jun 2017 22:39
Thanks smallg. I tried that and of course he didn't move. However, what is cool about this character is that he will break the chains, pick up the axe and go after the player. So, setting it to immobile won't cut it as he will just run in place. Since dagored hasn't checked in for some support I decided to try the npc in a location other than the cave. Apparently it is the caves structure that must cause him to move on start up. That's confusing though because the barbarian on the cave wall doesn't move. His feet aren't on the ground either. At any rate I just gotta work around the issue.

Addendum: I tried putting that second barb on the other wall and he moved so I'm not sure what's up with that. The one doesn't the other does. Or maybe I just placed the first walled barb in a position where the cave doesn't interfere. Oh well onward and not necessarily upward.

-Jamie Hyneman
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 23:55
Check the cave item fpe file for the forcesimpleobstacle = 3 statement.
Also the cave sections that came with the DLC stuff, The floor was to thick to have AI walk on it. Have not tried them after the AI upgrade to see if they do work now.

Which cave pieces are you using for your stuff?

You can also press (tab tab) while in test game and turn on the debug mode to over 10 and the collision lines should show. Check to see if one of the boundaries is stopping your character from moving.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2017 14:50
As far as placement of the barbarian I just have to do trial and error. Not unusual. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do so much of that with the newer engine. Oh well, c'est le vie . @PM, as far as the npc's: They seem to be working fine moving along the cave floor. The AI might not be working as well, however. This is definitely one area of scripting I'm going to have trouble with modifying.

-Jamie Hyneman

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 22:57:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 22:57:06