Work In Progress / [WiP] "ALEC THUNDER EPISODE 1" GameGuru vs. Visionaire Studio

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2017 20:41
hi. i'm back for a little visit.
i am working on a totally new idea for a few weeks now. i'm building a point and click adventure with visionaire studio but all scenes, characters and objects are made with game guru. so game guru became real "screenshot engine". i have a few scene ready and i would like to know what you think about it.
i hope i have no copyright problems with this idea here. it would be a pity.
i would like to make this a real 50:50 collaboration between two totally different software programs and make the work together.
so if you would be interested in this game i could make an english version of the game too.

the plot is in the early making but it is about an alien invasion, a zombie apocalypse and a journey to a remote planet. it's a very crazy and silly plot i have to say, the game is intended to be funny and sarcastic like space quest, f.e.
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2017 08:09
Nice idea to create the background art with GG
Looks nice.
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2017 13:48
Ha! I wanted to do this with FPSCreator way back in the day but it never happened.

The exteriors look good so far but you REALLY need to do some static lightmapping for the interiors.
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Nuncio, good to see you again.
I basically like the screenshots (except th last one), and I like the idea of doing this.
Neveretheless, not only the interior lighting is like Wolf wrote, but also the outsode scenes colouring appears somewhat .... weird to me,
but this may be intentional and possibly suited to point-and-click.
Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2017 21:34
hi! thanks for the comments
the screenshots are very new and at an early stage. there are no lights at all yet but i'm planning to make some lights in the important spots. some of the screenshots are not in game but made in the editor. there is still a very long way. i still have to find the right settings. some of the screenshots have the right settings already but still no lights. i will do this later. there are over 200 scenes in my game. i hope won't regret the work. i will keep you updated.
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2017 23:26
the good thing is, you don't have to care about the framerate, so you can use many things in your scenes
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 31st May 2017 08:25
Building brilliant looking environments was one of your top strengths so I'm sure you'll get the back drops looking amazing.

I toyed with using renpy for a very similar approach. May still do it as a sideline narrative visual novel for cogwheel.

Cheers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:34:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:34:57