Scripts / @Mod RE Visual LUA designer for Game Guru

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2017 11:26
I contacted the author of thread and this is was his response:

Avram wrote: "I have switched to MacOS for development so I can't support Windows applications anymore. And frankly, I wasn't satisfied with GameGuru's progress (they were focusing more on models/graphics than on LUA commands/gameplay) and didn't get much feedback from either community or GG developers, so I lost interest in developing Visual LUA designer :S"

It probably could be UNstickied.

I looked into the website that contains what he was interested in using for teaching lua and how to use some of the commands. It looks interesting. However, there might be a cost in using their system so there would have to be a cost charged for the resulting tutorial/curriculum.
When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2017 17:01 Edited at: 29th May 2017 17:22
Quote: "and didn't get much feedback from either community or GG developers, so I lost interest in developing Visual LUA designer :S""

Well that's not true ?
93 responses of praise and I know for a fact Lee was interested in incorporating it into GameGuru as he mentioned it in an early twitch..
Heres the original thread

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/207960
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2017 08:31 Edited at: 30th May 2017 08:32
@synchromesh - That was his quote, not mine. That tells me that is how he felt; not whether it's true or false. At any rate he no longer is working on it. Yes, I did go to the post you have indicated because I was actually interested in giving him some help with the its development. This is when I noticed something. The last post was on 8th Feb 2016 20:01 by Tomahawk.

Tomahawk wrote: "Is the website down for anyone else? or am i missing something?"

The last time Avram edited his original post was: Edited at: 28th May 2014 14:47. That was 3 years ago. So, whether or not you keep it as a sticky is of course up to you guys. There is a link of interest: code.org -- for those who have never programmed before. Its a good intro regarding logic and program flow.
When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That tells me that is how he felt"

Strange to say the least ....I thought the response was amazing and rooted for it myself.
I wasn't a mod at the time but if it had continued I would have made it a sticky
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 30th May 2017 11:34
Quote: "Strange to say the least ....I thought the response was amazing and rooted for it myself.
I wasn't a mod at the time but if it had continued I would have made it a sticky "

It was sticky, this thread is saying that the guy has abandoned the work so it should have the sticky removed.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:44:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:44:12