Third Party Tools / Mixamo news

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Download Your Assets Before August 22 When Mixamo Gets Streamlined

Times are a-changin’ at Mixamo. Here is what you need to know:
On August 22, 2017 Mixamo is sunsetting features that are not part of the core workflow
The core workflow will stay the same
Download your assets now! After August 2017, no assets can be stored in “My Assets”
Download Your Mixamo Content

A New Era for Mixamo
It’s been a wild ride since Mixamo joined Adobe in 2015. We’ve helped to build a 3D ecosystem for creatives and we are just getting started! Mixamo continues to be a part of this ecosystem we are building and to update the website with new frameworks and prepare for future integrations, we need to sunset some of the features and tools that will hold back this evolution.

What is staying the same?

Select and use characters from Mixamo’s Character Collection
Upload 3D characters to get them ready to animate using the Auto-Rigger
Apply animations to characters
Download as an .fbx or .dae
What is changing?

Until the big day in August, the site will function just like it does right now. The biggest change will be that you will no longer be able to store assets on Mixamo.com.

On August 22, 2017, the following assets and services will be removed from the Mixamo site.

1. The ability to save and retrieve assets in “My Assets”.

2. The Face Plus facial animation plugin

3. The Decimator polygon reduction tool

4. The ability to download Control-rig scripts

5. Download types for .bvh and .biped that streamline integration with 3rd party applications

6. Mixamo forums will close and all help articles will be moved to Adobe’s HelpX

FAQ
Here is an FAQ that gets to the details.

I have an existing Mixamo account, what will happen to my assets on Mixamo.com?

For customers with assets stored on Mixamo.com in “My Assets” no changes will take place until August 2017 and customers can access stored assets as normal. After August 2017, customers will no longer be able to search for saved assets stored in “My Assets.” It is recommended that customers download all assets stored on the Mixamo site prior to the site changes in August 2017.

How do I apply a different animation to characters that I already own if the character is no longer stored in “My Assets”?

Store assets locally and upload to get the character rigged as usual. After rigging is complete, select an animation and download.

If I leave the Mixamo site and come back, do I still retain the character that I was last working on?

Yes, if you return to the site logged in with your Adobe ID, you will start the workflow with the last character you were working on in your previous session.

Face Plus and the Decimator and Control-rig scripts are no longer supported or available for download, is there any way that I can still access these features?

No, after August 2017, these services and applications will no longer be available.

After August 2017, I can no longer download assets in the .bvh or .biped file format. Is there an alternative way to download assets to .bvh?

Third party applications are available that can convert .fbx files to .bvh or .biped.

What file types will still be available for download after August 2017?

Files can still be downloaded in the .fbx and .dae file types.

How to Download Your Assets
Until August 22, downloading content from Mixamo will be the same as it ever was. Just make sure you take steps to download all your assets before August 22, 2017.

1. Login to Mixamo with your Adobe ID

2. Navigate to My Assets

3. Select the asset you want to download

4. Click the Queue Download button

5. Select your download preferences and click Queue Download

6. When your asset is ready, you can download it from the Downloads page. Please note that, larger assets may take time to get ready to download.

More Questions and Support
Below is a list of resources to get your questions answered now before the Mixamo site get streamlined, and where you can go in the future.

Mixamo forums – live until August 2017

Adobe Fuse CC (Beta) Support – will contain help articles related to Mixamo workflows with Fuse

Adobe Fuse CC (Beta) forum – community of users who can help with questions around the Fuse and Mixamo integrations.

Thank you for your continued support of Mixamo. We’ll share the future integration plans as soon as we can divulge all the juicy details. Until then, happy animating!

Download Your Mixamo Content
PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for this information...

I could still work with most of this by saving models on my PC, but I guess I will need to use some other software since we will no longer have the decimator to decrease the number of polygons on the models...
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2017 00:13 Edited at: 24th May 2017 00:14
Quote: "I could still work with most of this by saving models on my PC, but I guess I will need to use some other software since we will no longer have the decimator to decrease the number of polygons on the models...
"

Perhaps with the Directx 11 update, the limit on polygons will be raised, especially if animated fbx characters will be able to be imported. One man for sure could answer that. Lee? Do you browse these threads?

PS. Thanks for the info, Devlin! Now to get a crackin' on character making.
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 24th May 2017 06:11
Well so much for their community manager promising we had until 2019 before they would change anything.

Still most of its not too bad, we just have to download everything right away instead of leaving it sitting on their server, I can live with that.

The biggest issue is going to be the decimator, the easiest way to get characters into gameguru is using fbx2gg, and that has a cap on polygons too, I'll email Raf sometime this week and see if he can change it to allow higher polygon models ready for the change, and hope that Lee can do something at his end.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2017 14:53 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2017 14:54
Been playing around with Fuse to see how easy it would be to self-decimate, and found a fairly easy way to do it. Export it from Fuse as OBJ, import it into blender, find the teeth/gums and delete them, then find the eyeballs and delete the back of them. That should easily drop it below 23k, then just export it as .OBJ and then use the mixamo sites rig uploader to add a rig to them. It's probably actually even better doing it this way than using the decimator because you're only deleting extra faces you will never see, whereas the decimator reduces the poly count over the whole mesh.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
I would just get this and watch some tutorials on youtube.
you can also get lod,s from this software just make sure
you download the sdk for offline use,

https://simplygon.com/
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2017 23:46
Quote: "Been playing around with Fuse to see how easy it would be to self-decimate, and found a fairly easy way to do it. Export it from Fuse as OBJ, import it into blender, find the teeth/gums and delete them, then find the eyeballs and delete the back of them. That should easily drop it below 23k, then just export it as .OBJ and then use the mixamo sites rig uploader to add a rig to them. It's probably actually even better doing it this way than using the decimator because you're only deleting extra faces you will never see, whereas the decimator reduces the poly count over the whole mesh."

I do this with make human,you get a great base mesh.and you can chose the polycount,great as a starting mesh to build on.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 24th Jun 2017 23:50
UU3D pro will also reduce polys, I ve used it a few times, not sure it would work on characters I have never tried that
Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-2600K @3.40GHz - 32.0GB RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 4x500GB SSD Striped
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2017 00:15
Quote: "Been playing around with Fuse to see how easy it would be to self-decimate, and found a fairly easy way to do it. Export it from Fuse as OBJ, import it into blender, find the teeth/gums and delete them, then find the eyeballs and delete the back of them. That should easily drop it below 23k, then just export it as .OBJ and then use the mixamo sites rig uploader to add a rig to them. It's probably actually even better doing it this way than using the decimator because you're only deleting extra faces you will never see, whereas the decimator reduces the poly count over the whole mesh."

Thanks for the tip, I wonder, though, that with the DX11 update and improved FBX importing, will (ultimately) decimation even be necessary? The majority of models I get from Fuse don't surpass the 22,000 limit by much (although I have had to go down to around 70% a couple times). Looks like we have less than 2 months to make use of their decimator anyway, so any good alternative is worthwhile. Thanks again!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2017 11:30 Edited at: 25th Jun 2017 11:32
I've been assured by Lee that one of the things that will become possible once the DX11 upgrade is released is the poly and bone limit can be increased considerably. The only issue we will have (if we want to still go down that route) is with FBX2GG and Animer, I've spoken to Raf and he can't lift the poly count limit in FBX2GG, it's a DBPro limit and he can't work around it.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 00:53:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 00:53:29