Product Chat / Help with tutorials

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a general question. Every GameGuru tutorial is "Quick Start" which are the very basic functions. That's great and appreciated.

All of the coding features are touted as amazing and easy. No they are not. If you are new to this tool it is frustrating and confusing. Everyone on these forums must be more experienced. They say "Put this here and get this there". Okay. How? Where am I supposed to learn those basics because there are no tutorials anywhere that I can find that even remotely touch on collectables, readable notes, and how to end a game once everything is collected. I checked Cartoon antics and it didn't help at all.

Does anyone have any helpful ways to VISUALLY see how to make other objects collectable? If the answer is "Just modify the coin scripts" I don't need that answer. GameGuru should have tutorials on things like this. Otherwise, this product is just make FPS games for people with no GG coding experience.

I am asking if there any reliable sources that can teach you to do the simplest of coding that will be useful in a game. Half of the user videos have links that are flagging as unsafe downloads.

I am honestly asking for some real guidance and not "check the forums" because I have. I need real help and I am almost at the point of paying someone to mentor or tutor me because I cannot read the codes and translate five or six line descriptions of "Just do this and all you have to do is this". There is not enough how to there for someone trying to put out quality games.

If this gets removed or I am told "just look up" I am probably done with this software and will go back to hardcoding with other products.

Does anyone have any real video tutorials on something other than weapons, modeling, creating basic levels, and such?

Respectfully, Sean
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 14th May 2017 15:31 Edited at: 14th May 2017 15:32
There are 58 developers broadcasts that go into more detail, most of what you are asking are in those videos, in most of them Lee goes through step by step writing the script on the video, take a look through them, if you can't find it in there then let us know, and we'll see if we can explain what you need.

Development Broadcasts

Bare in mind, when gameguru says it's an easy game maker, it literally means it's easy to make a basic game, the official tutorials will mostly be basics, and should be enough to make a very basic game, anything else is generally advanced use, so you won't see a lot of official tutorials (apart from the dev broadcasts), to make full use of everything gameguru can do you need to learn LUA scripting at least at a basic level, it's actually fairly easy to learn and pretty logically laid out.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2017 15:33
Have you worked your way through all the twitch broadcasts?

Also if you want script help you would be better off posting on the script forum where you will find a huge thread full of free scripts which you can learn from .
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2017 18:05 Edited at: 14th May 2017 18:13
Quote: "Does anyone have any helpful ways to VISUALLY see how to make other objects collectable? If the answer is "Just modify the coin scripts" I don't need that answer. GameGuru should have tutorials on things like this. Otherwise, this product is just make FPS games for people with no GG coding experience. "

Like most Game creation software scripting your game is more if you want to go down the advanced route just like modelling .. You can use what is supplied, purchase or have them created or learn yourself. Here is a good friendly site if you want to learn from scratch
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/lua/index.htm
or some of the GG Guides already available here ..
http://steamcommunity.com/app/266310/guides/#scrollTop=0

Quote: "If this gets removed or I am told "just look up" I am probably done with this software and will go back to hardcoding with other products."

Oh My ... No reason to remove it ( Why would we ? ) but it may be better in the scripting section as it is a scripting question really so don't be surprised if it gets moved ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:09:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:09:07