Feature Creep / Just a little friendly rant.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I wish I could model and script. I just don't have the time to learn. That's why g.g. is so attractive to me. But with all those crappy g.g. games that got green lit(not all). Gamer's recognize g.g. Characters right away! And say"that's a game guru game Lol!" I hate that. I seen so many games that look like mine. I have to start building my games all over again. It's because a lot of us non modelers/scriptwriters use the same Characters and assets. I don't want it to look like a g.g. game. Or a copy of someone else's. The Character Creator would make g.g. so much better. If we had more clothing, out fits. faces,bodies,weapons of choice etc. It would be so easy to make our own Characters this way. Even add a animal and Creature Creator. Kind of go about it like the sims games. This way we don't need 3 different programs to upload one Character. I won't do it. It's to time consuming. Make it a DLC maybe? I purchased g.g. because it's fast and most of the time easy to use. I have to admit that I didn't want the ebe Creator. I thought we have way more than enough houses and building's? But, after messing around with it. I must say "I love it!" I really love this software! I know it's not perfect. But it could be a lot more attractive with the tools I just mentioned. Also, the ability to drive and fly vehicles/planes/spaceships. That can shoot weapons. real laser beams would be nice. I would personally advertise this software myself. I do on occasion anyway. Now kindly think about what I just said? And go vote. I'm kidding! Thanks for reading my little rant.
Jim C
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
I think this is a good idea... A few months ago, I even went to the vote page and sent in a suggestion like this.

I purchased FBX2GG and use Fuse to make custom characters... You can see some of my characters at this WIP page - https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/216086

I have also needed to add a lot of scripts, to make it more unique, but I'm an amateur at scripting... so I know how you feel.
PM
tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2017 02:14
to be honest as user friendly to beginners as the interface is, I don't think GG is a panacea solution to game development on its own. Unless you learn to model and write .lua the creative freedom is still pretty limited.
Lenovo B5, i7 processor, 16GB RAM, AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M330 GPU
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:10:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:10:17