Bug Reports / Picking up equipment through walls bug.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2017 00:46
CPU:- Intel Core i7-5500 @ 2.39 GHz
RAM:- 8 Gb
GFX Card:- unknown
FPSC-R Version:- 2017.03.31

Error Report:- When an item (such as a weapon and ammo) is placed on a table inside a building close to a solid wall if the player walks outside the building and stands on the opposite side of the wall as the table but close to the wall the player can get the equipment on the table though the solid wall. This happens with the buildings in the entities folder and I do not know if this happens with buildings created by the EBE system.

Is it repeatable? Yes

Sample level attached. Just walk around the building and get close to the middle of the back wall.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2017 02:01
Make the range in the script a smaller value or there are scripts available that the player has to be looking at the object to be picked up.
Check out smallg thread in the script section.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

blueFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2017 21:17
Instead of me having to add a script to every project to fix this problem shouldn't this be fixed once in the core program?

Jason
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
No because it is a script error not a bug, if you don't have any limits in the script than why would it have limits in the game?

Much better to fix the script rather than blocking it in the engine as this gives you more freedom later if ever you had a need for picking up or interacting with an object through a wall later (psychic powers etc).
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 10th May 2017 10:21 Edited at: 10th May 2017 10:22
Quote: "No because it is a script error not a bug, if you don't have any limits in the script than why would it have limits in the game?

Much better to fix the script rather than blocking it in the engine as this gives you more freedom later if ever you had a need for picking up or interacting with an object through a wall later (psychic powers etc)."

Exactly what i was going to post, but after five minutes of facepalming i had a concussion and forgot

(Note: i didn't really facepalm, i just thought it was the ideal point at which to make a joke to lighten the mood )

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2017 17:19
I wrote these scripts a while ago they may help with your problem.

The link to the thread is here too.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/213190?page=2

Here are scripts that will allow the player to NOT collect keys, or if the script is edited, other entities to be collected through walls.

Unzip the _lua_zone folder into your scriptbank folder, and the map into your mapbank folder.

On the testmap if you run around the outside of the walls, you cant get the keys that are on the tables inside next to the walls, with the pickup key script original you could pick up through walls. The trick is to setup a zone INSIDE your room or building and if the player enters it set a variable which the key_get_zone.lua checks to see if it is 1, if so then allows pick up of key, if 0 (Outside of zone) then no pick up.

plrinzone_collector.lua assign to zone.
key_get_zone.lua assign to you key or object. Dynamic.

Simple but very useful. Well I hope so anyway.

UPDATE
_________

Just discovered that the key collection only script only work on 1 zone, if you add same script to another zone it messes up.

Below are the newer versions, as before:

plrinzone_collector.lua assign to zone.
key_get_zone.lua assign to you key or object. Dynamic.

The scripts number are important plrinzone0 and key_get_zone0 must be the same area, and so on up to the 15 i've made for you. If you need more just go into the scripts change the init, main and any instances of the variable insidez to the same number: eg:

if the key_get16_zone_init(e)

then the variable should be changed insidez16

same goes for the other script, hope thats all clear...... all working good here now
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2017 01:29
Very generous of you Tarkus1971.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2017 20:40 Edited at: 13th May 2017 20:43
can this be used with promptlocal command and a sprite based note script ?? great stuff smallg

Im guessing the ifplayerlooking bit is the most important to and the obstruction lines as well.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth.
blueFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2017 03:19
Quote: "fixed (in the next version of GG) if you download these and use them in place of the stock scripts"

Glad to hear it. And if someone wanted something like powers to allow the player to get items through walls I am sure that could be scripted in.

Jason
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "can this be used with promptlocal command and a sprite based note script ?? great stuff smallg

Im guessing the ifplayerlooking bit is the most important to and the obstruction lines as well. "

it already uses the promptlocal, i edited it after the video though.
updated the note script and also added the key.lua to the list

Quote: "Glad to hear it. And if someone wanted something like powers to allow the player to get items through walls I am sure that could be scripted in."

indeed, you could just use the old script
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 17:09:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 17:09:18