Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2017 23:16 Edited at: 1st May 2017 23:24
Hi all, here's my first pretty much completed WW2 Aircraft , i have lots of others on the go but fighters are easier to put out than the Bombers check out the post here to see what I'm making https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/217918 and whats coming next, I know Bod has done the British ones so i thought i do some different ones starting with the most famous of the German Air force the ME 109 hope you like it, still a few tweaks but it works fine in GG FPE etc etc included just drop it in your entity bank the flying version should work fine with Amen Moses's scripts. I will work on animating the props but doing lots at once atm but it will happen lol
Enjoy
P.S i will move the yellow nose cone up to level with the wings on the next build , been decorating all day and was tired :/

Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 2nd May 2017 08:39
Very nice model, i would have gone with the grey cammo, with pale blue underside though, the yellow patterns were more used pre-war for air shows when the Luftwaffe were showing off their new pride and joy.

Interesting fact about the ME109, although at the beginning of the war the Luftwaffe had over 1000 ME109's, they were used a lot less than people realize, everybody thinks of them when they talk about the bombings in the UK, and how they defended the HE's doing their bombing runs, and it's become an iconic aircraft, however that's not entirely true (after 1941 that is).

If you looked up during a bombing raid in London, and further north, and saw fighters you would more likely be seeing Focke Wulf W190's, the reason being, the ME 109 just didn't physically have the fuel range for that kind of distance mission, when they designed the ME 109's used during the war (a slightly different model to the ones they used before the war) they replaced the Rolls Royce Kestral VI engines with new engines that had a fuel injection system, this would help them to dive faster without the engine cutting out, but the drawback was that they guzzled fuel like nobodies business, which meant that usually if they were sent on the London bombing missions and there was any dog fighting, it was a one way ticket for them, so generally they were restricted to raiding the coastal installations, and the FW190 was used for longer range missions, in fact the FW190 was generally used more than the ME109 in almost every battle, it was the work hors of the Luftwaffe, and almost every pilot that had flown both the FW190 and the ME109 declared that apart from high altitude flying the FW190 was far superior.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2017 11:11
You are getting better at these planes ,the yellow nose gives the impression that it's to long .but that might just be the colour and angle of the pic.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2017 11:17 Edited at: 2nd May 2017 16:53
The length of the nose itself looks about right, i think it's as HonkeyBoy said, he's made the yellow go too far back past the wing, once he adjusts it then it should look better.

I think the Americans will be joining us a little later in the game

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:

Attachments

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2017 13:46
Lol the US enter the Frey get a post going m8 so i don't copy the ones you do looks nice that one I used to love the Kittyhawk, still got 1 or two i'd like to do might well do the FW190 if your not on it, a Beaufighter and the Ju87 but think i'll straighten the 109 texture out first.
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2017 14:26
Quote: "looks nice that one"

First time i've even tried this kind of modelling, usually everything i do is pretty straight edged like buildings etc. Not sure i'm going to be able to complete it as well as you and bod do though, i just can't get my head round pushing and pulling vertices.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2017 16:54 Edited at: 2nd May 2017 18:05
I don't tend to pull them more stretch them tbh but stretching them tends to move them out of place so you do have to move them back but i get better results with the bodies and wings by grabbing a whole line and stretching them Keep going tho on that one M8 looks a real nice model.
Righty took on board what you guys said
@granada, Dave there was a little kink in the nose m8 I've ironed it out and in doing so i realized that the exhausts were to high on the nose making it look wrong so i have re positioned them into the correct place
@ Belidos just completed the second texture and redone the first, will also include a stock grey one when its done oh and will reposition and nip the wheels off for flying versions and have a look at animating the props. Guys remember these are not high poly aircraft and so not perfect they are designed so you can have loads on a map and little fps hit

and finally for now type 3

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2017 18:26
The modelling is pretty good but the textures let these models down a bit. Don't get me wrong, nice addition to our free media repository, but for these models to truly shine, I suggest you invest some time in learning how to get the most out of your image manipulation software so you can get an end result that looks more real. Currently your model looks a bit plastic-y because it uses solid blocks of colour; the metal doesn't look like metal, the glass doesn't look like glass, there's no dirt, no imperfections, and some of the symbols are slightly stretched in places. It takes time to learn but it pays off in the long run and when you get good enough, you might actually be able to sell your models in the store

I would also highly recommend learning to the use a program like UV Mapper to get all of your texture into one image file rather than several; that will save on processing power and just general be easier in the long run.

AE
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2017 18:38 Edited at: 2nd May 2017 22:37
I'm no modeler Avenging Eagle m8 lol im just doing these for fun and for free, i could drop them into max and straighten everything out Myke did show me how but all the textures you see i did manually , i can add a little more detail which i will at a later date and or do them again a lot better. and of course if anyone else liked a particular one i have the files in .obj, max, blend and can just chuck out any format they would want really.
But as i said m8 just a bit of fun for me i have no intention of selling them just giving them to the community to play with. I do get what you mean about the stretching though its hard to get it right this way but it is a lot quicker
Tbh the textures are actually saved as Mats on the model, so GG wont use them anyway (hence i thought a FPS boost), you don't really need them i just included them in case anyone wanted to drop them into fragmotion and edit them.
Thanks tho m8 for having a looksee and your comments

JU87 next still needs work but coming along

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:27:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:27:45