Scripts / Non Linear load,save, checkpoint and display

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2017 20:40 Edited at: 21st Apr 2017 23:12
Hi all, i have just finished writing these for H.E.Trooper and have just finished testing them to make sure they all work correctly which they do
This is my first set of serious scripts and took like 8 hours to get working :/ I'm no scripter really just got the hang of this side
These are for Non Linear games, also linear if you wish, so you should be able to go forward and back between maps without loss of data.
4 scripts included , loadzone, winzone, checkpoint and display.
Instructions :
1/ The loadzone goes over the player marker on all maps,1'st player marker included as there is a check to see if there is no .dat file written to ignore the marker and continue.
2/ The winzone should be self explanatory but can also be used to return to the map you just left or any other for that matter
3/ The checkpoint does the same job as the winzone really just saves the data where you want it saving = just add to a trigger
4/ The display script displays all the data being saved on screen ive just used money, salvage, soldier type1,2 and 3 so for example if you add this to the bottom of ai_soldier it will give you +1 to your kills counter and 1-50 salvage, and 50 Credits. kills2 and 3 are for different characters e.g you can have soldier 2 or any other name and change the mathrandom values to gain more or less of whatever you want to that character just add kills 2 to it or kills 3.
=kills to ai_soldier
kills2 to ai_rocket trooper
kills 3 to old bloke who has no idea whats going on
and duplicate for more

I Have used g_RPG_Gold just as im familiar with it from using Moshrooms scripts but you can change all the values in the scripts to your liking, Ive included notes to help doing that. I hope these are of some use to you all.
A Big shout out to smallg and Moshroom as its their scripts that i gained the knowledge to get these written. Cheers guys
Enjoy

p.s the display script needs to be on a non static, always active, is imobile object, if anyone would like me to adapt this let me know e.g if you would like it as an inventory etc etc
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:47:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:47:09