3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Newbie Question On Default Software

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
A friend gave me this software as a present . I have experience with other game maker software but I haven't really messed with this field in a long time graces, XP was in wide use the last time I programmed. But that last time I did this was with a game engine meant for 2D. I am an artist but for the life of me can't rig a 3D model. One of the first things I did after opening GameGuru for the first time was test out it's character creator lab. The one game I want to make right now ... well none of it's characters can by made through that function. Suggestions?

I'm poor and hiring someone to make rigged characters is something I don't think I could do.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2017 00:37
Characters can be made with Make human or Fuse. They then can be converted to work with game guru with another program made by a user on the forums.

Make Human:
[href]makehuman.org[/href]

Fuse you can get from steam, then you rig it with Maximo.

Then you convert it with FBX2GG here:
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215728

But there is no in editor way to make your own parts for the Character creator or modify the textures for them. This would need to be done outside of Game Guru with 3ds Max, Blender, or Fragmotion and exported as a direct x file with all the animations you would want rigged to your character.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

systemcat
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, I'm up a creek here.
I've been wanting to make this game for over a year and view knowing I have the character models as a big first step. I have downloaded and messed with Make Human. I found it too limiting. What I own for 3D software modeling-wise is Z-Brush which I don't have access to right now, and ... I don't think Poser counts.

... Can I make a request? Like could some one be so kind as to make these models for free ? I can draw them up easily.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2017 01:09
If you can get your character models under 22000 polygons, and can get them textured and exported in FBX or .OBJ format, then it is possible to get them rigged.

We need 3 textures minimum.
Diffuse or_D color of the character.
Normal or _N normal detail for the model.
Specular or _S shine of the model.

An _i or illumination texture can also be used.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi systemcat,

What kind of characters do you want to make?

If you post your drawings, some of us here might be able to help or at least point you in the right direction so you can get some help.
PM
systemcat
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for that Len the man .

First I have to get through what I'm currently doing, a single page of one of my web comics.
These drawings won't take much to make but it will be something to relay the ideas for practical character modeling. There is one character / type which gives me most of this concern because of animations needed . Another character for this falls well into normal but can't be made using GameGuru, best description for the never have seen him, an Aussie Shepherd.

I'll return with drawings here in a few days. I can't predict how long each page takes me to create really.
PM
systemcat
Years of Service
User Offline
These are really basic references but they relay why they can't be made in the default software. Total clothes design for starters. Flowing fabric and particularly this is a issue with the left bottom character with the cape's movement. The limps for other characters stretching in running or climbing. That characteristic is shared by three characters. They too have extras not covered for normal modeling. An energy cannon which expands from the forearm underneath it. In the case of another, a saw blade. Please note I came up with these designs back at the dawn of '15. No one say Harley Quinn in the case of the girl with pig tales and softball bat for weapon. It's the flowing movement of her hair / even having that available in character design. The dog .. no animals available and he has a very unique coat pattern not fully shown here.

For anyone who recognizes these characters. DHX Media knows, they just don't care. This game is not being made for money. No money will be made from the game.

Lastly yes, I can draw them much better but I only wanted to draw them simple for relaying basic ideas.

PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
I can see that these are sophisticated, and would require some good model making skills.

I have made some basic models with Fuse and FBX2GG, but I'm not so good with Blender. I think that this might require someone with Blender skills or some sophisticated model making skills.

I wish you all the best.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:37:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:37:08