Bug Reports / Very strange fps issue

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2017 22:59 Edited at: 29th Mar 2017 14:16
[img]null[/img]ive built a new map for H.E.Trooper using pretty much the same models as with the other maps, the other day i saved and went onto doing a few bits on the Galaxy project, cranked it up today and got 1-4 fps ive checked the map and no rogue models as far as i can tell checked a similar map and ran at 40+ fps np, ive been at it for 3 hours tonight changing things adjusting thing and nothing still 1-4 fps max so now im proper confused. Any ideas anyone? this is using 28.2.17 not the beta.

Edit: i have found the issue by deleting and reloading the level piece by piece it was 1 entity, i have no idea why as i checked it over and there are others the same on the map all settings were the same, but that 1 entity was causing the massive framerate drop. very odd indeed :/
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on

Attachments

Login to view attachments
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Was it near or touching another entity? It can happen if the physics system gets stuck trying to move an entity (normally due to it being "stuck" inside another entity).

P.s. if it happens again you should start by using f11 to turn the different systems off, this will help you find the right area to focus on at least but the physics system is usually the reason.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2017 16:33 Edited at: 29th Mar 2017 16:35
Yeah did that m8 and it was physics that when turned off increased the fps. So i backed up the map and started to delete small areas at a time and re ran. As soon as the FPS shot up i knew i was in the right area. Then loaded the back up and deleted non statics one by one until i found the offending entity. Didnt look stuck or anything but at least i found it ( map took ages to build ) so its now working and added to the HE Trooper game few more little bits and i'll be uploading the latest build (getting pretty cool now) just the ai is still a little dysfunctional lol but im sure its not too far off. Amazing the effect of 1 wrong entity has over the whole map tho.
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
arfur9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2017 17:07
I was getting this if the player had entities beside and behind the player.. when the player moved the game stuttered badly and it was like the character was walking thru syrup the freaky thing the character was getting hurt when the level loaded but the enemies were zombies and way ahead of the character behind a door
The culprit in my case was a set of stairs, the collision was set as mesh

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 12:37:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 12:37:40