Product Chat / 100 FPSC Weapons in Game Guru!

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 05:40 Edited at: 21st Mar 2017 23:52
Hey all, I am glad to see many people are taking advantage of all of the awesome work that has gone into FPSC over the years by many of the great authors in our community. I spent many sleepless nights last year converting the content over. There is still quite a lot more if you are interested in picking them up and adding to your collection. The rest has all been included in the Free DLC Expansion Pack on Steam.

So I was in the middle of working on FPSC segments around the same time the EBE was being worked on... The EBE has since come out and works almost identical to what system I had been working on. Whereas you build your floors, ceiling, walls, door frames, corner pieces and etc. and snap them together. The EBE seems to have a number of restrictions unfortunately; In the area of total number of texture options and wall mesh options. So for now I'm putting the work on hold before competing or trying to migrate the conversions for EBE use. Since presently that's not possible.

With segments put aside, I have decided to move on to something more exciting... WEAPONS!

Below is a 42 minute video showing off the work in progress so far with the 100 weapons:

Keep in mind not all weapons will be approved for distribution, however there are quite a few that I can start rolling out soon that were originally stock in FPSC.

A lot of work is required to get these to work completely in Game Guru. A lot of texture updates to fix the black weapons, HUD's need repaired alpha channel for transparencies, zoom lens need to be optimized for HD screen resolution, 100 ammo crates need to be converted over as well as the creation of 100 FPE files to point to the weapons so they can be picked up on the map. This also includes converting all of the weapons as pick-ups in Game Guru. On top of that is the modification of various physics, alignment issues and converting and fixing flak issues.

So my question is, would it be worth my efforts to continue forward with this task? Is it something you feel will improve your game? Also curious what TGC thinks about this. Let me know!
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
Loretta
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Generation Zero; Skyrim SE , Fallout 4, In VR- Pistol Whip,
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 06:19
Awesome weapons!

I love the alternative weapons like the frying pan and the Zombie Hands. Very creative !

One request, Alternate ammunition for games where you knock the enemy out with Tranquilizers or Hypo Darts.

Thanks for all the hours of work!

Impressive!
Web Designer/Photographer/Videographer/ Video Editor
ASUS ROG G20- Desktop Intel Core i7-6700 -3.4Ghz - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970-4GB - Windows 10 64bit
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
I personally think that users can never have enough weapons . Great work.

SC
i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 07:43
OMG dual pistols, WANT!

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 09:01
In the end only you will know if you want to commit even more time than the already huge amount you have to asset conversion . But I'm sure people will be very grateful for more weapons if you want to .

Cheers.
IndieFrell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 09:28
Totally Awesome seeing some of these are giving me ideas on what I could do within my game so its a big fat thumbs up from me to progress with it for sure. And I would in advance thank you for your time and effort in to bring these weapons to GG.
Build Test Sell Repeat...
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 09:50
You are the man mister t,you can never have enough weapons as has already been said here.you are becoming the master of conversion,many thanks.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 11:56
Hope to see bond fantasy weapons and eai fantasy weapons too

Bows and things were awesome
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 13:16 Edited at: 21st Mar 2017 13:21
Perhaps you could use BOTR's weapon welder .... http://www.gamegurutools.co.uk/weapon.html
It does the process in seconds including the weapon hud's and Muzzleflash, Textures etc which I noticed some were missing in your video.
It will help you greatly in your conversions.

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 17:53
Hey there!

I noticed a lot of EAI's weapons are placed very far aback! By adding the line "forward = higher value" to the gunspec, you can rectify this.
Impressive work otherwise!

I wrote a tutorial on the subject a while back, you obviously don't need it but perhaps someone else has use for it.

-Wolf
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 19:56 Edited at: 21st Mar 2017 20:03
Great work, T-bone! For sure it is worth the effort. I'd pay for the weapons. Not sure if this is still the case following the revision of the voting board, but I think duel weapon wielding was on the board so kudos for at least going somewhere towards that!

When Lee sees this thread I would not be surprised to see User of The Month on your profile. But if not, know that the work is very impressive and appreciated. I love how the GameGuru forum acts kind of like an ant colony, so many talented members working together to support TGC in building this game engine!
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 20:51
The official word from TGC is a big thank you for putting in what must be countless hours in converting them. If the community likes the progress, I would be more than happy to put them in the official Expansion Pack DLC to boost the choice of weapons available to users and make them easier to discover. Once you are happy with the collection, I can run it through some beta testing to ensure they work alongside any GameGuru idiosyncrasies we may have, but it's important I stress to other readers that we would not be adding features to the weapons, just taking what works and having them function in GameGuru as is.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 21:38
Quote: " I stress to other readers that we would not be adding features to the weapons, just taking what works and having them function in GameGuru as is."

Fine by me .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 22:25
I for one would love to see them added to the pack. Thank You Very much for the time that was spent on this project .

Dennis
Ham and Eggs Breakfast

The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed

AGK Community Tester
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
I would appreciate these extra items... Thanks for your great efforts on these kinds of things.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2017 00:04
Quote: " I would not be surprised to see User of The Month on your profile. "

If he didn't get it for his previous work, he certainly deserves it now! And if he DID get it for his previous work, he certainly deserves it now!

Thanks, Teabone!

Quote: " but it's important I stress to other readers that we would not be adding features to the weapons,"

So you're saying if we want to cook with the frying pan, we're on our own. Fair enough!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2017 00:38 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2017 01:23
Reason why some of the weapons appear black is due to missing shaders of which I'll include, only if those weapons that require them, are approved for distribution. There are a number of items here that are are not approved (EAI's weapons). I will indeed be testing all the weapons to see how they fair using existing GG shaders. Some of them had very unique looks in FPSC using unique shaders.

There is much work to be done as every item needs to reference the nearest pictograph representation. As the HUD display is semi-hardcoded in GG.

; GUN HUD (0-colt,1-magnum,2-uzi,3-shotgun,4-rifle,5-rpg) - statuspanelcode = #

Also there are many adjustments needed to convert all SD resolution graphics to HD so they fit the screen properly. May require entirely new HUDs for this. Also have to adjust the positioning of the guns on screen when in iron-sight so the camera doesn't penetrate through them. Which is the case with a lot of the rifle weapons.

This is also a great opportunity to improve upon the detail of the weapons as well. Recoil times, jam chances and recovery, animation and zoom speeds and a whole lot more. Be awesome if custom projectiles were supported, because Id be able to work on things like bullets, arrows, lasers and all kinds of unique stuff and really improve Game Guru's weapons a whole lot more. Below is an example of a 3D modeled bullet I made firing out of a GG gun.

(it explodes unfortunately, as this is a hack of the rpg rocket projectile)

Since GG is still very restricted in the customization of projectiles, we have to rely heavily on the the sound effects and muzzle flash graphics to portray that a projectile was actually ejected. Thankfully, FPSC had a number of great muzzle flash graphics that will help us out here. GG only uses 3 to 4 muzzle flash graphics for its weapons currently. I will be including 9 muzzle flash decals which will diversify the weapons a bit more and really make Sci-Fi weapons just awesome. Just check out the screenshot below:

Its great to hear that this effort might actually be worth while, giving a lot of your feedback. I'll keep you all posted on my progress. The very first batch I'll be working with are the Sci-Fi stock weapons.

EDIT: oh my, thank you for the User of the Month!
Before the month is over I got to give back some how. Here is a roughly put together Sci-Fi weapon:
freetoronto.org/gameguru/files/FPSC_SciFi_Weapons.rar
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
That looks pretty awesome ... I agree better sfx as well will give them a bigger punch
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2017 13:44
Quote: "Its great to hear that this effort might actually be worth while, giving a lot of your feedback."

Yah. this might help.

Grat work you are doing here. Thanks a lot for take the time to do.

Guys, someone remember a small robot chassing and attaking player, in FPS?, love that robot.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2017 00:25 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2017 00:28
Oh like this little guy?

(By the way this video shows 4 different AI teams in action in FPSC. Including allies... but that's for a whole different topic.)

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2017 13:28
Some chance to get that robot?

3com

memory mark 2584.8

PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2017 04:48 Edited at: 25th Mar 2017 05:25
Unfortunately the little robot along with the characters are not free. But can be purchased from EAI through his site. They do require a bit of work to get working in GG. This also means that a large number of the guns you see in the 100 converted weapons video will actually not be included in any free upload. since a lot of them were made by EAI who still sells those weapons to this day. Very good quality items.

Here is a link to the alpha build of the Sci-Fi Weapons you can download and play around with:
http://freetoronto.org/gameguru/

I've stretched the SD green zoom HUD texture, into a wide HD version, so it works aligned in Game Guru with the center cross hair.

Note:
- When in iron sight mode in some weapons, the camera will penetrate the mesh of the weapons.
The blaster weapon - if the horizontal FOV is set to anything lower than 60 you will notice your left arm awkwardly moving around in view.
- Currently these weapons can only be used by assigning them to the player marker
- no ammo pickups yet

EDIT: I've also included the Cross Bow weapon

Attachments

Login to view attachments
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2017 15:37
Quote: "Unfortunately the little robot along with the characters are not free. But can be purchased from EAI"

Thanks For the tip.

3com

memory mark 2584.8

PM
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2017 04:05
Awesome. Thanks very much for your work!
Modder, Soundtrack Composer and now Game Developer. Well, sort of.

Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8,0 GB Ram, Geforce GTX 1050ti

Youtube:
(Music Channel) The German Music Dude: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeutscherVolker
(Games and Mods Channel ) DK Productions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIqwvScXnJL_zNYqSsfTCqA

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2017 17:33 Edited at: 29th Mar 2017 17:34
Frying pan and hands Teabone i can make a game called "Gannies dont like you" they chase you around with a frying pan and you have to beat them off with your bare hands rofl oh gratz on ya flag m8
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
Comby
Years of Service
User Offline
Despite the lower model and texture quality, I somehow still prefer FPSC legacy stock weapons to the ones we have i GG.

Not to say that the weapons in Game Guru are bad! I just like the "retro and blocky" 2005 look!

Keep up the good work!
PM
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2017 11:28
@Teabone

Here's several general notes for FPSC to GameGuru weapon conversion that might be helpful for you...

- GG places the hud.x closer to the clipping plane. To correct this you need to do a couple things:
1. Make the weapon more visible by increasing forward=x by around 4 or so. So, if it was forward=0 in FPSC it should be forward=4 in GG.
2. Reduce near-clip in simplezoom (ironsights) by increasing simplezoommod=x by a value of 2. So, if it was simplezoommod=0 in FPSC, it should be simplezoommod=2 in GG.

- GG vertical position is a hair lower in simplezoom. I usually increase a gun's simplezoomy=x by about +0.11.
Please note that there is currently a bug with head(hud)bobble where the hud.x does not default to the base rest position when you come to a stop. So, it sometimes requires taking a step or two to get the correct alignment. This can make error checking absolute iron sight alignment pretty time consuming. I usually delete the crosshair completely so that it gives the hardcoded single pixel crosshair when checking alignments in-game.

- Accuracy spread is much less in GG. This makes things like shotguns put all pellets in one spot vs. being spread out as they were in FPSC if using the old values. Example: A shotgun with accuracy =7 spread in FPSC would need accuracy=50 for a similar amount of spread in GG.

- Vertical recoil impulse is much higher in GG. recoily=x values should be reduced by 50-60% from what they were in FPSC.

- Custom weapon and ammo icons can easily be used in GG.
Set statuspanelcode=100. A value of 100 tells the engine to look for the images in the weapon's gamecore folder.
You will need icon.png and ammo.png. They may need to be scaled to a specific size to match the usual format.
If the weapon has alt fire modes you will also need alticon.png and altammo.png.
Infinite ammo (melee) weapon icons can not be displayed via this system as it just hides that hud panel to avoid showing a redic. long ammo number.
(You can see custom icons being used in my video posted here)

- If the weapon has an alt fire mode, be sure to remember to also edit the appropriate alt lines in gunspec such as "alt simplezoommod", etc.

- If the weapon gunspec includes lines defining keybindings for switchtoalt=x or melee key=x, you should comment-out/remove them as these are now defined globally in setup.ini and the settings in the gunspec may override.

- If the weapon includes settings for blocking, you may want to comment them out. Blocking is pretty buggy. You can trigger the animation once with Mouse2 and then never again.

- If the weapon includes other unsupported features such as asymmetric dual wield, you probably want to comment that all out or delete it to reduce chance of engine confusion. I believe the gunspec.txt line limit in GG is like 400 where it was maybe 600 in FPSC and anything past the limit won't be read.

Good luck!
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2017 15:59
Great work
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.Intel core i5-2300cpu @2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

AMD Radeon HD 6670. ASUS Radeon HD 6670 DirectX 11 EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card. 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5
Memory Size
1GB

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 03:06:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 03:06:14