3rd Party Models/Media Chat / A question about Gunspec

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2017 18:39 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2017 18:40
Hi all, got a question, better start at the beginning here, ok what im trying to achieve here is to change the fireball to different kinds of spells, e.g ice, wind etc etc, now im using magic symbols as the .dds which i have working for the first character "The Torcher" by just making a new .dds and pointing the fireball gunspec to it, so for the next character i copied the staff folder and named it staff3, did the same for the projectile and ammo folders pointing them all to the right place or so i thought, problem is when i put the character down no weapon fires it just clunks. All i need to do here is change the .dds and maybe the weapon damage as some are healers and some blasters, can anyone maybe give me some pointers here, thanks all

heres "The Torcher" firing the new fire symbol to give you an idea roughly what im trying to achieve, didnt edit the sounds etc yet

Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 3rd Mar 2017 20:26
The projectile weapons are hard coded at the moment you can only have those few that are there at the moment - you can change them but keep the same file names. And back them up as they will be replaced on a new version / verify.

Cheers.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2017 20:48 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2017 20:51
How'd you mean cybernescence m8? im not actually trying to change the fireball so to speak, i did and it didnt lol, so all im trying to do really is in projectile types have fireball1,2,3 etc and each of those just pointing to different .dds that way each super hero has its own attack decal all the attacks atm are exactly the same, will this not work? If not i'll try to make a universal one with Earth,wind, fire and water :/
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 3rd Mar 2017 20:56
You can only assign the projectiles that currently exist - fireball, rocket and grenade (think that's all of them). So you can change these - the model and texture and behaviour but can only have these few to call and switch between in game.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're after

Cheers.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2017 21:06 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2017 21:09
Hmm ok if you see in the video, I've changed the .dds from a fireball to a magic symbol for fire (kinda small atm so you need to look quite hard lol), each character uses a different power, e.g fire ,ice lighting, nature, dark etc etc so what i was trying to do is make them match the character, so each character would for example have the correct symbol for their power, it'd be nice to adjust the damage as well if thats possible so healers would heal more and damage less but even if i can just get the symbols, decals to match the character it would help for now
so im not looking to change the projectile just how it looks for each hero
Cheers m8
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:53:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:53:41