Product Chat / GG Forum use Cloudflare, so change your password

Author
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys,
in cloudflare there was a bug and it is fixed for now, but maybe you data is already stolen, so change your password would be save.

http://www.doesitusecloudflare.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.game-guru.com%2F

Not sure if we are a victime, but it is possible. Maybe some dev could answer this here.

Have a nice day
Corno_1
My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2017 20:53
Ah!

Thanks for the heads up!
SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 09:36
Actually, TGC should send out an email warning their users to change their passwords.
Youtube.com/c/Landmanhd1080p - LandmanHD Youtube Gaming Channel | chrislandman.mypixelbox.net - My Design Portfolio | Artrift.com - Digital Art Community
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 11:43
Changed - thanks for the heads-up Corno_1

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 12:24
The email I got from Cloudflare (my company has a partner account with them) said that there was only about 150 customers affected and they would notify if there are more for any reason. TGC may have not been affected and so they wouldn't need to ask us for password changes.

Also, the amount of HTTP requests that could potentially be compromised was 0.00003% and that was at the peak venerability. Obviously security should be taken very seriously, but this isn't even close to how devastating OpenSSL's Heartbleed bug was.

Anyone wanting the official blog post can look here: https://blog.cloudflare.com/incident-report-on-memory-leak-caused-by-cloudflare-parser-bug/

Thank you for pointing it out Corno_1 (a LOT of sites use Cloudflare), but IMO it's nothing to worry about unless you're one of those unlucky 150 customers
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2017 14:36 Edited at: 1st Mar 2017 14:41
Hi all,

I operate all the TGC web services, so am best qualified to put your minds at rest on this one.

We do use CloudFlare for some of our services, however we are not one of the affected CloudFlare customers. None of our traffic has been leaked and your credentials are safe.

If you wish you can of course reset your passwords to have that piece of mind.

Overall the CloudFlare issue has been extremely over exaggerated by many. The tiny amount of requests and the unlikelihood of any sensitive data even being contained with the requests that did get leaked, means this is quite a low level issue. Most of the talk around this is coming from those who don't like CloudFlare as a service and have a reason to hype up the issue.
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-08 13:32:42
Your offset time is: 2024-07-08 13:32:42