Product Chat / Help !! [Test Level Error]

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 10th Mar 2017 17:03
I am going to format my system and do a full rebuild and start all over, there only seems to be me with this issue and it is very unfair that development gets interrupted just for me.

I will install the Public Release of GameGuru not the BETA and only have one EBE structure, thank you to all who have helped me try and resolve this

Happy Game Making

Cya soon
GraPhiX
Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-2600K @3.40GHz - 32.0GB RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 4x500GB SSD Striped
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2017 18:42
Actually, if your houses are finished, do as Lee mentioned in his reply, save your ebe files in a separate folder and place the houses as any other entity.
And i'm curious if you changed, or erased, the texture path in the FPE?
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 10th Mar 2017 19:53
@earthling45

I have saved all my files and given a copy of everything to Lee, it doesn't matter how I do it there seems to be problems with multiple EBE structures overlaid, in my last video the last 2 houses picked up the texture from Pirate Myke's fence panels not sure what is happening I have not altered any of the FPE's

So I have decided to take drastic action and wipe my PC start all over and see where I get in the mean time I think the issue will be investigated but it is not urgent, there is more urgent development deserving Lee's time than my issues it does not seem to affect anyone else
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-2600K @3.40GHz - 32.0GB RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 4x500GB SSD Striped
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2017 21:30
Quote: "the last 2 houses picked up the texture from Pirate Myke's fence panels"

That certainly is strange
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2017 20:23
GraPhix sorry m8 i just read this post and i have been having a lot of issues with missing textures with EBE structures, e.g every time i would reload a map the textures had changed resulting in me having to re edit every one, only to find on reload it had the same issue, also a new c++ error has started to happen firstly on a level i light mapped and now on level un light mapped, so as with you m8 i'll hold out till Lee's finished his hols and if not fixed after that i will also try a full reinstall, but i do think there is some kind of memory issue going on as after laying lights on the map and adjusting it all to look right this error occurs. and the memory bar flies up to full. :/
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Mar 2017 10:10
Hi Guys,

@Honkeyboy sorry you are having issues but I am glad they are the same as mine thought I was doing something wrong.

I have rebuilt my PC installed the latest version of GG (not preview or beta) removed one of my EBE houses and mapped the level, the black texture issue as gone ( I am certain that this happens if you overlay 2 EBE sites) I still have the texture swap issue though and another issue now a kind of light bleed my concrete pipes look the worst.

Dynamic lights work fine and are very bright either when lightmapped or not, static lights on the other hand do not have as much luminosity and sometimes do not work when baked, I have a porch light on one of my houses that is supposed to be yellow.

The other issue is inside EBE structures entitys disappear depending on the angle you are looking at, I have a table lamp in the window if you turn slightly it disappears.

here is a quick video of a new mapped version with a bit of life added for realism, shadows are not great but I think that is my settings I'm still playing with the sliders to get the best atmosphere for the level.

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2017 12:49 Edited at: 19th Mar 2017 13:09
Looks pretty cool to me i think the rainbow effect on the billboard is lens flare maybe? TBH i generally dont lightmap at all and only usually use dynamic lighting (never have till that 1 time) and it messed the level up that'll teach me lol. One thing i did try to do was i made my ebe structures in parts then exported them out to Fragmotion and added the textures, then reimported them into a separate folder with the new textures added (see pic the one on the right is non ebe textured ) this also works with the GG importer by adding a texture notice the kind of glittery effect from the EBE textures. I also did a quick test with the yellow light on both models to see the effect on each texture (second pic) again EBE model with non EBE texture on the right. the yellow light was set to 1000. I think as Lee said though if you delete the finished EBE file and use the dbo you maybe get the same effect, but if you just make the model parts up and add the textures afterwards ive found saves alot of messing about adjusting all the time. Hope that all makes sense
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on

Attachments

Login to view attachments
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 20th Mar 2017 17:38
ok I have messed with my sliders and the lighting but just cannot get it right I have F4 mapped and walked all the way around and seem to have issues with shadows and texture clipping (especially on the roof of the house) the other houses that have the scaffolding at the back don't have shadows on all of them. Good news is my yellow light is working again the concrete pipes also look wrong but I'm not sure if that is the texture or not.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:49:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:49:59