Bug Reports / Runtime error 501 : Image Number 63202 ()

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This happened on launch from steam. No my graphics card is not up to this. I am only trying to get the program at this point.

Does this error mean that a file is improperly numbered?

Can I fix this?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " No my graphics card is not up to this"

Are you saying your Graphics card is below spec ?
If so this could be the problem ...
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
GuruGrab
Years of Service
User Offline
I never have been a believer in doubting the graphics card. If you want something to run faster or sharper, you look that way. I feel like the game should load.
Back when I was using FPS my machine was far below spec. Getting it to run was a challenge, but it wasn't the card.
Later I upgrade, this not the point.
Why am I getting an error similar to reports people have of making standalone maps?
My guess, at this points that the screen image tries to adjust to a full screen while I have it trapped in a window?
Is there any information on the image which fails to load???
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2017 11:14 Edited at: 21st Feb 2017 11:15
Can you post your specs please ... Especially your Gfx if possible
Thanks ...

Moved to bug reports ....
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
GuruGrab
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using a Windows 8.1 VM on a Dell PowerEdge. I took my Radeon r7 240 out after a heat core warning locked up the motherboard. It is running integrated graphics.

That really shouldn't matter. I have read the other reports of 502. An image fails to load. Besides that, I am only trying to activate the program. I haven't built any levels or added any Packs. My guess is that the program tries to go full screen. Is this going to devolve into a comparison of machinery?

What is image 63202?
PM
Freakon
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2017 22:54
I had a similar error, are you trying to run a standalone.exe?

If so, any user made folders outside of the normal GG Hierarchy is not copied out the SA folder, so you need to manual move them.
GuruGrab
Years of Service
User Offline
I relocated the entire file when I unzipped it.
Could that be the cause?
PM
GuruGrab
Years of Service
User Offline
I purchased this game from The Game Creators and expect that you will move to some form of resolution.

If I didn't say it before, I am running windows 8.1 VM's on a Dell Power Edge SC 1435.

It has integrated graphics. So what?

The program does not load!

I do not get a flat green field. I see the outer area of the editor and a logo. And then FLOP!

Nothing!

No stand alone. No graphics . Nothing!
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 22nd Apr 2017 10:55 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2017 11:01
If your machine is below spec, which you have already admitted, then you have no reason or right to expect a resolution, its like entering a 1000cc car into the formula one gp, then complaining because you can't keep up. Gameguru is a game engine, a huge part of that involves graphics, you must have a minimum amount of graphics power for it to run, there's nothing anyone can do to help you if you don't meet the minimum requirements, its right there in the title, "requirements", that's why they're called requirements.

Also I'm not sure how or why you would expect it to run on a virtual machine on a server box, that kind of set up can barely run office applications, they're designed for data and web applications, not running software like gameguru.

To be honest if this is your setup then you're probably best just getting a refund through steam.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2017 15:44
You can email Lee@thegamecreators.com to see if he can make this work for you. You may not get a response till Monday.

Try rolling back to the public release v 1.13 frozen. This is an old version that was frozen to keep working with XP machines with lower specs.

This is not going to give you a very good performance, but at least you could see if the program loads and runs on your rig.

As all have pointed out. Game Guru is graphic intensive and it appears that your setup does not meet the minimal requirements for running.

Also before you rack up a bunch of hours on Game Guru, you may consider the refund option.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:21:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:21:04