Bug Reports / blotted levelbank\testmap folder

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2017 11:12
It seems every time I change textures in the EBE the levelbank\testmap folder hangs on to the old EBE textures resulting in multiple normal maps over 65meg in size, I just binned a load and I had 760 meg of files never used
Also the content of the folder gets exported when you build a game

I have a funny feeling I've mentioned this.. old age.... but its a pet hate of mine and ocd kicks in :s
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 00:37 Edited at: 16th Feb 2017 00:37
Quote: "It seems every time I change textures in the EBE the levelbank\testmap folder hangs on to the old EBE textures resulting in multiple normal maps over 65meg in size, I just binned a load and I had 760 meg of files never used
Also the content of the folder gets exported when you build a game"

Your not supposed to edit that .... the textures are stored in \ ebebank \ texturesource \
You create your sheet for each model by adding your textures .... When you save the model your custom texture sheet is saved out with it ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
arfur9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 07:40
even that folder is stores texture banks I don't even need, if you change the textures each variation is saved, each variation, its not far of 90 meg you can end up with 1.5gb of textures you never use creating your own custom set which is nuts, everytime you right click a new set is created
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2017 10:30 Edited at: 20th Feb 2017 10:31
Quote: "everytime you right click a new set is created"

Not sure I'm reading correctly but when you create and save a sheet for one model .... then create another sheet for another model its saves them both so when you load each model in the correct texture sheet is loaded ...

Is this what your referring to ?

Or do you mean every time you add a texture to the sheet it creates a new one as well ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
arfur9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2017 11:26 Edited at: 20th Feb 2017 11:27
I've talked to Lee about this..
But lets say you create a new site, and you have 16 textures to replace the original set, each time you right click to replace a texture the image bank is cached so if you replaced 16 in on go you have 15 textures cached which are never used
Also these cached textures end up in a built game, they are replicated 3 times

Its easy to test, look at the size of ebebank\default and \levelbank\testmap also \levelbank\testmap in a built game, I built cartoon Antics with version 1.131 its was 299 MB I built a simple ebe cube scene its over 1gb, the cube scene takes 16 seconds to load the cartoon one takes 19

I'm just saving Cartoon Antics again..... its now 777meg because it has the cached ebe files in levelbank\testmap

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 03:56:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 03:56:19