3rd Party Models/Media Chat / A New mascot for GG

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 21:39
lol I've been modelling a backpack and a hero cape for the characters i make up for GG and needed to test the cape so i made this guy needs his arms shortening alittle for the staff but i thought it was kinda funny. I currently have 4 Heros made up and all working well in GG first and 3rd person
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 22:09
That cape works quite well,nice bit of work Honkeyboy

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 22:44 Edited at: 14th Feb 2017 23:28
Cheers Dave doesnt move that well thoughi have a backpack as well which works kinda nice would be nice to have it as a pickup object and then an increase in inventory, but moddling first lol, takes forever to get them lined up and sized corrrectly for fuse. maybe gloves next then i might do a vid of all the super heros i think its alittle close to the leg causing overlapping so i'll tilt it backwards see if that helps. Heres the backpack in action on the character "Seline" the death dealer from Underworld, i have modelled the gunman's style duster she wears but when you decimate it low enough to work in GG it wrecks it so something to work on.
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2017 10:57
Nice work HonkeyBoy, you say that the characters where made in fuse. I didn't know you could get them to work with GG weapons.
HP Pavilion Laptop - AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics - 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit Operating System.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 15th Feb 2017 11:15
Quote: "Nice work HonkeyBoy, you say that the characters where made in fuse. I didn't know you could get them to work with GG weapons. "

To be honest, Fuse models are easier to get into GameGuru than any other character model, if you use FBX2GG it's really straight forward.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2017 22:34 Edited at: 15th Feb 2017 22:42
Yes thats very true m8 but alot of what im doing atm isnt just Fuse models, Fuse just gave me the spring board to get used to making parts for the models im making as its a nice platform to marry up parts to see if the fit correctly e.g the backpack and the capes.
I can make a fuse model using stock fuse clothing in maybe 30 mins but making clothing to fit fuse is another matter e.g the hero cape took me 3 days adjusting dropping into fuse reajusting and so on and so on, ive actually been using 3ds max of late and make human, altho make human is difficult to import into anything as the poly count is just way to high to decimate down even using meshlab. Yes you can get the poly count down but it wrecks the model on import to .X and even fragmotion and mender or blender carnt fix it.
So fuse is easy enough but actually making your own character and clothing definatly isnt easy at all, so all the guys who make characters get my utmost respect as i now get actually how hard it really is. Anyways just to prove the point heres's 1 of 4 of my new Superheros Not made with fuse lol, this guy was done with a combo of 3ds max, make human and god know's what else, then into fbx2GG and he still isnt quite right but he's getting there. Anyways here's my first draft of The Torcher (think he burned a hole in his cape! lol

@ Tazman thanks m8 yeah its easy as long as you customise the arms to minus 42 then just add the weapon you want to the FPE
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2017 22:59
Cloaks are the bane of the game industry, no matter what you do unless you use custom collision meshes etc they will nearly always clip at least a little, they're a pain in the butt.

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2017 23:05 Edited at: 15th Feb 2017 23:16
Yeah m8 they are really hard to get working without the clipping atm im just trying to tilt them back far enough to not clip the legs = not easy somtimes it looks ok, i suppose it depends on the length, maybe thats why theres alot of short capes about lol but i wanted a proper long one, i noticed Rolfy has it cracked his wizard cape is just fantastic. and im still struggling with getting the texturemaps right when i join the cape to the character it messes up which i think is down to inexpereience but its a start and im trying My idea with these was (it'd be nice) to have say 8 characters 4 baddies 4 goodies on a multiplayer map (idea brought about as i just noticed 001 realeased MMORPG into thier engine. Nice thing but hate the graphics if GG had this it'd be killer.
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 06:25
Quote: "maybe thats why theres alot of short capes about "

Yeah that's exactly why mst tend to go with short capes, they're a pain in the backside, it can be done as Rolfy has proven, but it takes a lot of work to get it right.

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 19:41 Edited at: 17th Feb 2017 20:21
Well here he is GG's first Superhero "The Torcher" Finally got him right with a combo of Max and fragmotion, no holes in him just need to sort a better animation for the throw fireball and alittle tweaking but he's ready to fight for Justice in the world of GG, Im already making a new cape for the next hero " Gale Force" she can really pack a punch! ;0

EDIT: Gale Force ( just needs a windy type decal and sound which i'll do when all 4 good guys are all complete)

Nimune or Insectra (not decided yet) with her Earth skills note the leaf cape

Voltrix a sparky Superhero

Now i need some baddies !
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:25:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:25:27