Scripts / Can you adjust the footstep volume without effecting other sounds volumes?

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 23:01
Hi All,

I have found the location of materials folder and the wading sounds, I find they are too loud for my game.

I have other sounds in the game I have set at the correct volume, so would just like to adjust the wading sounds when in water.

In global.lua, I have found:

But is there a more specific script/way to only adjust the footstep sounds?
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 17:47 Edited at: 14th Feb 2017 18:52
Hi Freakon, as SetSoundVolume(vol) is a global the only way I think is by either making your own sound wav's for your player or edit the volume of the sound wav in some audio software you my own.

What you need is in this directory:-

\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Guru\Files\audiobank\materials

For one step on grass would be this file 0grassA1.WAV and son on.

For player sounds they are here:-

\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Guru\Files\audiobank\voices

This is for the player sounds like hurt, punch, etc.
I always copy & paste the player audio folder, rename and edit those files then edit the player starter marker properties to just include those files.

I'm don't sure there is a way to change it with lua just yet... but I could be wrong.

Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 SLI mode, Water cooled with an old Victorian cast iron radiator and a industrial leather belt driven fan - That's what you call Steampunked.

Laptop - M17xR3

A new competition running for GG

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Freakon
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 18:49 Edited at: 14th Feb 2017 18:49
Thanks gd, I'll run them through Audacity then ! Very indepth reply by the way! Lol thanks for your time

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:12:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:12:16