Free Models and Media / Free Rock..!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 17:17 Edited at: 13th Feb 2017 18:16
I humbly offer 1x free, low poly (82 faces) rock for your GameGuru projects! Hoping to make a lot more and release a paid pack on TGCStore in the near future.

Sketchfab 3D Preview

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!
PM
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 12:30
Nice rock! Thank you very much for sharing!!!
One comment: take it as that and not as a tip from someone who knows everything ... Whenever I model I think about what is going to be seen and what will not be seen in the game. In the case of the base of the rock we see it is flat, it would take away realism if we used it in sight, then it would never be seen ... in my case would eliminate the 9 polygons of the base ... are 9 less (not much But all sums up). Otherwise, I would make a rock with several positions, so that I can use it by turning it, climbing it, giving the impression that it is different objects. The most difficult ... that is credible (textured) is very well done! Very good!!!
Regards!!!
The game is a serious thing (El juego es una cosa seria)
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 12:32
I hope you do not mind the comment ... usually we are all to learn and the forum is a great tool for it ... here, you will know we have GREAT MASTERS !!!
scrampunk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 17:00 Edited at: 13th Feb 2017 18:05
Hi Warlock thanks a lot for your feedback! Dont worry, I am always open to ideas and suggestions! You're right, it would make more sense to either get rid of the base faces to save polygons or make the rocks more versatile by modeling them to be used at any angle ~ I'll keep this in mind when I get started on the asset pack!
Thanks
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 17:39
I agree with Warlock, they key to good modeling for game engines is to avoid creating geometry where it isn't needed, "if it's never going to be seen, does it really needs to be there?" is a question you need to ask yourself, personally as it's pretty low poly already i would remove any geometry that is not visible, and then use the poly's you have saved to give some more definition to the most visible parts.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 23:36
I hate the google translator ... reading the translated text back into Spanish ... it could be interpreted that I consider myself a GREAT MASTER ... and I did not say it for myself ... I hope you understand ... I'm missing a lot !!!
If you have doubts about modeling ... always ask !!! Both Belidos and others will help you !!!
A hug!

Odio el traductor de google... al leer el texto traducido nuevamente al español... se podría interpretar que me considero un GRAN MAESTRO... y no lo dije por mí... espero que se entienda... Me falta mucho!!!
Si tienes dudas sobre modelado... siempre pregunta!!! Tanto Belidos como otros te van a ayudar!!!
Un abrazo!
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 01:15
Rock on, buddy
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "it could be interpreted that I consider myself a GREAT MASTER ."

Don't worry it didn't come across that way in English
Google translator is pretty amazing in the way it allows us to communicate but it isn't quite perfect yet
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 08:38
Quote: "
Don't worry it didn't come across that way in English
Google translator is pretty amazing in the way it allows us to communicate but it isn't quite perfect yet "

Quite a few times translations from google have made me almost wet myself laughing, google translate can really make your day

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 12:24
ja ja ja

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 18:54:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 18:54:59