3rd Party Models/Media Chat / A Little help or advice

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 11:11
HI all, im stuggling here with a couple of models, here's what im trying to do and the results so far, firstly i have a few models that im trying to get into GG firstly i did "Seline" the Death Dealer from Underworld, and then moddled some boots, backpack and a bodysuit that bit i can do easily. Then i had to modify them to fit a standard human and import them into fuse to see that they would fit correctly, (see pics)
What im aiming to do is import her into GG as 1 model first but she's got 28-29k poly's = too many for FBX2GG and mixamo decimator doesn't decimate her down enough ( the boots have too many as well), im also attempting to import the backpack in to GG as a single item for the player to wear, as ive seen a few people asking about this and kinda think it'd be pretty cool to have in.
What im asking any real moddlers here is some advice on how to do this, i've tried polygone cruncher which works but on import to FBX2GG she has no face? just the skin color so im alittle confused lol, and any advice on importing clothing?
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on

Attachments

Login to view attachments
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 13:29
Quote: "she has no face? just the skin color so im alittle confused lol, and any advice on importing clothing?"

Maybe when you reduced the model the uv map was broken.might be why you can't see the face.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 13:46
Here is the procedure listed out.

FUSE Characters For GameGuru
============================

Requirements
------------
1. Fuse On Steam (Free) http://store.steampowered.com/app/257400/
2. Adobe Decimator (Free) https://www.mixamo.com/decimator
3. FBX2GG (£30) http://gamegurutools.co.uk/fbx.html

Instructions
------------
1. Start by reading this thread: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215728
2. Then jump over and buy FBX2GG if you like what you see: http://gamegurutools.co.uk/fbx.html
3. Now download and install Fuse from Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/257400/
4. Watch a few tutorials and create your first character in Fuse
5. Once you have a character ready in Fuse, click ANIMATE and register/log into the Adobe ID site
6. You will need to confirm the character uploaded okay to the site, then click FINISH to proceed
7. You will see your character imported and you can choose multiple animation sequences
8. When you go to your cart, you can click the character and select QUEUE DOWNLOAD (FBX+TPOSE)
9. You can do the same with MyAnimations and again you can download the animation FBX file(s)
10. From the same site you can select PRODUCTS > CREATE > Decimator from the top menu
11. Select the character FBX you downloaded, select 30% and then click ACTIVATE DECIMATION
12. The resulting FBX will be auto-downloaded for you to your Downloads folder
13. Now close down most of your software and sites, then install and run FBX2GG software
14. Click Load FBX Character and select the decimated FBX file (i.e. decimated-30_FuseModel.fbx)
15. Select EDIT > Prepare Skeleton For FBX Animations then select Load FBX Animation
16. Choose one of your FBX Animation files and wait for it to be processed
17A. Select EDIT > Add FBX Animation to AnimationSet to add the animations you want
17B. You can repeat steps 16 and 17A for as many animations you want to add to your model
18. Select FILE > Save As DirectX With AnimationSet and choose an .X file name
19. Select FILE > Save textures to folder and choose the same location as the .X file
20. Move all the textures and the .X model file to a new folder and rename them as entity files
21. Ensure your texture files are yourname_XX_diffuse.png, etc where XX is the body part name
22. Also ensure your model file is also aligned, i.e. yourname.x. Open this file in NOTEPAD
23. Do a search replace and change "FuseModel" with the name of your model, i.e. "yourname"
24. Copy the X and texture files to the "entitybank\user\fusecharacters" folder
25. Create copies from FuseModel.bmp and FuseModel.fpe and rename them to your entity name
26. Once you have yourname.bmp and yourname.fpe, open the FPE in NOTEPAD
27. Edit the "DESC and MODEL" fields to match yourname (i.e. yourname and yourname.x)
28. Leave the "TEXTURED" field blank as we will be using the multi-material system
29. Now launch GameGuru and find your new character in "user\fusecharacters" folder
30. Select the character and drop it into the level, then click the Test Game button
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 15:03
Nice tip Mike!, thanks for sharing.
It should be a sticky, just my thoughts.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 16:34 Edited at: 11th Feb 2017 17:03
Yeah got all those Myke Ive converted around 100 models so far just this ones playing up, maybe the boots or the backpack is what i was thinking , I've just re modelled the backpack with no straps to hopefully reduce the poly count, and Just invested in 3ds max :0 i did used to have a copy when smirk was released in oo erm along time ago lol :/ and have been trying to use pro optimise but having trouble getting the values to stick (need to read some on that) pic shows the new backpack needs some adjusting as it sticks out abit too far, just a test to see the polycount difference and used stock boots this time.
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 16:43
Wow that's some list Pirate Myke ,to get a character into GG .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 17:20 Edited at: 12th Feb 2017 20:01
Yeah Dave its quite a process, quick when your used to it ok I've got to the bottom of this i think, because fuse clothing is seperate .obj's what i think is happening is all of them tally up on the poly count e.g ive just modelled her with just the body suit and got the same thing from FBX2GG over 22k polys after 100% decimation so in there lies the answer i think, and so brings about the question from you guys. How can i merge/join these .obj's into 1 mesh? i have blender, 3d studio max and anim8or so if anyone knows could they point me in the right direction with one of those please.

EDIT: ok i got her into GG (well a quick repo I'll need to do her properly) still getting a few weird spikes and looks like the skin suit was the issue, so maybe make her naked then paint the texture? back pack works tho so thats a +1

Just made a gunmans duster for her pic below
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:57:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:57:24