Free Models and Media / Modern Ax as a weapon free use

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 00:04 Edited at: 21st Feb 2017 02:23
People: here there was an ax as a weapon, of my own manufacture ... but with texture and "supposedly free" equipment. But after advice I have removed ... The idea of not delete the post is to learn about these issues that I did not know. Apparently "free" means "free" for one, not "free" to share. I'm going to request permission from the modeler of the equipment and if it gives me the okay ... I'll be able to share it again. Thanks and excuse.

I needed a modern ax for my project and well, I have found very useful things here and for that I share it! I hope it works, in my case it works perfectly, but it is "my first weapon" and basically it is only about changing the medieval war ax by a modern one. May it be useful to you !!! Now someone would have to make trees that fall ...

The game is a serious thing (El juego es una cosa seria)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
UndeadJoe
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 00:32 Edited at: 11th Feb 2017 00:37
This looks cool, thanks.
I believe there was a tree that could be chopped in the store.
There's this one: https://www.tgcstore.net/pack/10823
Read a Free Preview of my new Zombie Apocalypse Thriller, Requiem for Humanity (Last Days: Book One)
AMD FX8350, 8-CORE @ 4.34ghz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 Ti, WINDOWS 10
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 00:39
Thanks for the information ... undead! And for the comment! In my case I am learning and for that I hope it works ... in my pc it works, but as we know ... many times ...
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 01:29
I will test the ax out in a bit. I don't have that tree though. But it looks like you just need an ax and the script to make it work. I have been meaning to pick it up.
Read a Free Preview of my new Zombie Apocalypse Thriller, Requiem for Humanity (Last Days: Book One)
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 19:29
Nice work warlock.

Just a word of caution though, going by your description, it sounds like you gave taken an existing gameguru weapon and changed the axe model.

just be aware that its fine to do that for yourself, but you're not allowed to post it here as part if it is still someone else work.

You can post the amendments, but they mustn't contain any files that include any of the original work (including animations, HUD etc.)

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 00:43
Belidos:
It seems that the new ones are always wrong ... I apologize.

Thanks for the clarification. The questions are:
1) If the model was released, would it also be committing an infraction?
2) Do you advise me to remove it from the forum?
3) The models provided by GG can not be modified?
4) Not even without seeking economic benefit and sharing it in the community to collaborate with the engine?
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 01:26
You cannot redistribute anyone elses work, even with your own modifications without permission from the original artist, not even the free ones from gameguru, they're still somebody else's intellectual property.

You can modify them all you want, but you can only use them in your own games (you can sell a game with them in), but you can't give them away or sell them on their own.

If its a model all with gameguru has, you can give away the parts that ate yours and explain his to use them with the existing model, but if those files have anyone else's work in them you can't.

For example if you took an existing building and remade the texture, you could upload the new texture, but not the model, or as in this case if you took someone else's animated arms and edited them to have a different weapon you can't give it away because the arms and animations are not yours. If however all you did was change the texture of the weapon, then you could give away the texture file only.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 14:25
You might be able to use arms from Fpsc as it's now fully open source,I will have to look into that.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 12:13
Granada: The point is that the weapon is of my creation but the arms and animations ... no. <I even left the texture with the name of its creator in it ... I thought it was free, so I encouraged myself to share the model. I hope your opinion Granada ...
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2017 08:16
I loaded it up and hacked at some zombies with it. They still did quite a bit of damage to me, but it works.
I'll await the final decision on this before using it, and I'll leave that to those who know the legal stuff. As an artist I understand the policy of ask the artist, but I don't know what the legality is with them being released as open source. It would depend on the licence and whether it encouraged modify and distribute or not. In any case, I would go with what the mods say or ask Lee and those guys directly if you're not sure.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2017 08:20
Quote: "You might be able to use arms from Fpsc as it's now fully open source,I will have to look into that."

Even the free items from FPSC shouldn't be redistributed, they only have usage license, Teabone had to ask for permission to convert them and put them up for people to download (hence why there's some he hasn't done yet because he hasn't been able to get permission), and from what i understand, even though he had permission to distribute the originals, Lee even had to get permission from the authors to put the converted ones in the classic folder.

UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2017 09:05
At the very least, Warlock, this type of stuff is never a loss. You learn new things and you have a new weapon for your own games.
Good job on the stuff you have been doing, by the way. I'm going to remove this one from my downloads, but keep up the good work.
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2017 02:31
Bueno gente disculpen que haya mal interpretado "libre", parece que no era el concepto que yo tenía... Belidos: ¿Dónde se puede hallar el material legal en el que se basa??? ¿Existe un marco jurídico o es solamente un código de honor??? Si un archivo es de "libre distribución... " ¿hay documentación que fija los parámetros de "esa libertad" hasta donde llega? ¿Dónde se pueden leer??? ¿O son sólo comentarios de un boca a boca? Y por último: ¿pudo solucionar lo de la página rusa??? Un gran saludo!!!

Well people forgive me for having misinterpreted "free", it seems that was not the concept I had ... Belidos: Where can you find the legal material on which it is based ??? Is there a legal framework or is it just a code of honor ??? If a file is "free distribution ..." is there documentation that sets the parameters of "that freedom" to where it arrives? Where can you read ??? Or are they just word of mouth comments? And finally: could you solve the Russian page ??? A great greeting !!!
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2017 06:21
That I don't know, I'm just passing on information I've read over time in posts on here, there was a big post in product about converting the characters in which teabone asked about permissions, and other posts which mention it, if you want to be sure drop Lee a message and see what he says, he might point you in the right direction, I might be misunderstanding this myself, but I'm fairly sure I'm right.

warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2017 13:40
Belidos no lo interprete mal... confío que usted lo hace de buena voluntad. Simplemente las preguntas eran para aprender sobre estas cuestiones que desconozco y no seguir cometiendo errores... Gran abrazo!!!
Belidos do not misunderstand it ... I trust you do it willingly. Simply the questions were to learn about these issues that I do not know and not keep making mistakes ... Great hug !!!
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Warlock12 ... Exactly where did the axe come from ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2017 02:32
I will try and make a set of rigged arms tomorrow,if time permits.then you can adapt them as you need to.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2017 13:40
The ax is free for personal or commercial use and modifications, arms and animations are by Jonathan Fletcher (allegedly "free" hand by FPSC and GG). Thank you Granada !!! I think Lee should include some riggeds, because it's the hardest thing to consider for new artists ... It took me a while to make a bipedo ... and it would work ...
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Anything stock from GG can be modified and shared here on the forums..
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2017 20:22
I have made a set of arms,posted on free models. This is my first attempt .i will try and improve on it later.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2017 20:50
Might want to get the acceptable usage policy on the forum updated then syncromesh, because it says not to.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2017 15:35 Edited at: 25th Feb 2017 15:50
Quote: "Might want to get the acceptable usage policy on the forum updated then syncromesh, because it says not to."

I wouldn't recommend making it available anywhere else except on this forum and definitely not DLC content ... But Lee is a little more relaxed on stock mods and sharing here with the community .. The policy will still stand to cover external distribution

If in doubt ask here first just to be sure ..
PM
Sulman
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: OUT DOOR GAMES
Posted: 1st Mar 2017 19:00
Thank you warlock12...
i7, NV960 2GB, 32GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win 7. Perception Neuron mocap...
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2017 18:04 Edited at: 6th Mar 2017 18:20
warlock12
the GameGuru Weapon MAX Files
are in the docs files in gg.
put there for sure to use in game guru,
ussing default anims or stock for your characters from GG
to sell models on the forum or give free is ok
you just cant sell or give out outside of gg.
and most of the older packs not all can be used outside of gg and fpsc.
look in the gg docs folder for rigged and animated max files provided.
as for scripts only the company who writes them can decide on copyright
isues you can not . if you own a product and script with it and make a script
you can call it your own, but it bellongs the the lua script language, you cannot
copyright each and every command in a lua script . as no one would be able to wright
a script at all, what you can do is copyright the program that uses it. does gg own the lua scripting
language does any other game engine own lua script, so you cant copyright a script that has a language
that is accessible free. unless it is used to mimic or copy a registered or copyrighted program .
so lua commands can not be completely owned by another person , yes people write scrips and sell them
thats cool and nice but like i said unless you own the lua scripting language you would find it hard to claim
sole rights to a script, someone can write exactly the same. using basic commands available in the script.
yes people who write super cool scripts could ask for reward, but paying for a script, is common courtesy
and anyone could write it the same way with the same syntax .
be sure to look in the docs folder for animated arms ect with a full ,edit of anims and more for each weapon.
PM
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
just to update anyone using lua for any scripting and reselling
scripts or providing free should include the licence bellow.

Copyright © 1994–2017 Lua.org, PUC-Rio.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
PM
{=Corrosion=}
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd love to get this...
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2017 04:56 Edited at: 8th Mar 2017 05:07
Quote: "Anything stock from GG can be modified and shared here on the forums.."

You don't need to own GameGuru to open an account on these forums and downloads can link to an external source. Meaning assets can be downloaded by anyone really.

Not all stock media is commisioned by TGC, also they may not have a Transfer of Title for all those that have been gifted. Even if they do it doesn't mean they should be okay with allowing completely free distribution by anyone else. Particularly when many users don't even read a license and have a scant idea of where they stand. I for one have had several of my (gifted to TGC assets) used by others in their store media and tbh wasn't ecstatic about it. But it seems believed that stock media is 'free to include and distribute' in whatever you want. This is part of the reason I stopped giving them stuff. It might have worked if I were asked first but how would anyone know to ask. It isn't cool when someone takes something you worked hard on creating and then seeing it simply taken and distributed by someone else, they don't have a clue they are treading on someone if they were told it was okay on the forums . Free or otherwise you can't simply give away stuff you never created yourself. I have no problem with anyone who wants to pick apart something I created and make it their own and selling it or giving it away, so long as they simply copy it and make their own bits and pieces, not just outright taking it 'as is' and including in your own.

Not trying to be an ass here but as far as I am concerned stock assets have a license which they shouldn't relax so easily. It just serves to confuse new and younger users to what is allowed, stick to the licensing and never try to distribute in whole or part anything you didn't make yourself free or not. As a media creator I know trying to be flexible with licensing is maybe generous but can lead to issues between owners and creators when one or the other 're-interprates' a license

Lee may be generous to a fault and let's face it we love him for that......but sometimes he doesn't think it through. At least I am assuming he told you this was okay and therefore it is, but I would prefer he didn't as it makes me nervous when he does things like this

As for Jon Fletchers work and distributing without permission...I wouldn't risk it.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2017 01:48 Edited at: 12th Mar 2017 02:09
This is what I was going by when a user asked about Modifying Guns and Lee replied .. As long as the axe was a "stock" asset and arms were "stock" or his own creation I saw no problem ...

Quote: "Lee bamber ....Probably best you copy and paste these assets, and create your own names, textures and thumbs for them, and of course feel free to share them in the community if you like, no worries from TGC as long as they are part of our stock assets and shared freely in the forums."
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 07:09:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 07:09:33