Product Chat / Animated doors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 08:29 Edited at: 9th Feb 2017 08:52
I'm trying to export a door with open animation from Blender 2.78a
The door itself exports fine but no animation, I've attached the settings that I thought would work
I get the open sound and the press e prompt
I'm not a Blender user, I use Sketchup and I used the Blue Door entity to set it up
on a side note the Blue Warehouse door once it's open I can walk through it

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 09:10 Edited at: 9th Feb 2017 09:19
First things first, in blender there are multiple ways of animating, some work in GameGuru, some almost work and need tweaking, and some just don't work.

How did you create the animation:

1. Object Animation: Creating each moving part as a separate object, and moving/rotating the objects in object mode while adding key frames at each step.
2. Bones 1: Creating each moving part as a separate object, and attaching them to bones, using inverse kinetics to move them for the animation recording.
3. Bones 2: Same as bones 1, except the moving parts are all one object and the bones move the vertices instead of the objects.

Number 1 is the most common, and what i would recommend as the best way to animate a non-character entity for GameGuru (uses entity_basic.fx just like anything else). Numbers 2 and 3 are a little harder to get working in GameGuru, and only really recommended for characters (you will need to use character_basic.fx for any model with bones).

If you have used the first method (which is what i recommend), then here is the process i use:

1. Make sure you have ALL objects in the scene highlighted (right click to select the first then shift+right click the rest), i sometimes untick the "Export Selected Objects Only" box just to be sure, but it's not really needed, and if you do then make sure there is no cameras, lights, or other objects you don't need in your scene.
2. Tick the "Export Animations" box.
2. Tick the "Include Frame Rate" box.
3. Untick the "Export Materials" box (unless you are going to use multiple textures referenced inside the .X, which if you are making a single _D texture and entering it into the FPE you don't need to do)

Make sure the FPE has your animation ranges defined in it, here is an example door fpe, the section you need is at the bottom under ";anim" :

anim0 is your open animation frames, in this example the frames are 1 to 30 (1,30), anim1 is your close animation frames, in this example the frames are 31 to 60 (31,60)

If you follow these steps it should come out fine.

Additional:

Unfamilia did a basic animation tutorial video which is how i learnt:

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
arfur9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 11:03
Thank you!
I'd done two things wrong I hadn't applied scale and rotation also I just set keyframes, but the main issue after watching the vid twice and totally missing it was Ctrl A rotation and scale
All is well now, thanks again
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 11:28
Quote: " but the main issue after watching the vid twice and totally missing it was Ctrl A rotation and scale"

Ah, yeah i completely forgot about that, it's such an automatic thing for me i forget i'm even doing it.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-05 12:23:00
Your offset time is: 2024-07-05 12:23:00