Product Chat / Voting Board Update

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2017 13:02
Quote: "I have put GG aside until this is achieved."

See you in a month or so!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Team wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
My opinion abou the voting board i beleve 10-15 itemes its good
So my suggestions are.
We totaly forgot new assets becouse 3rd partyes and dlc are available from time to time.
The AI whitch importand the devs are working as we speak.
SO
1)Lighting overhaul with dynamic lights casting shadows spot lights both dynamic and static ability to animate the light and light properties instead just on off (lua comandas like set light rgb set intensity set distance etc.)set the suns position etc
2)And most importand in my opinion Multiple cameras a time line to animate your entyties and cameras and stuff so you can make proper cutscenes so lets say at from frame 1 to 90 this wil move forword and the camera will do this motion and you shitch the camera to the camera you want.SO to say it simple Tools to make cut scenes and control the cameras.
3)Custom menu huds(an eysyer way becouse you can do it now messing with the files)
4)Importer more friendly full suport of fbx files ability to add more primitives for colision and full camera controll and orthografic view when you edit colision boxes more option when importing so not having to edit the .fpe file(basicaly everything you can do in fpe to be able yo do it while importing the model.
Also the ability to re edit these things when the object is already imported.
5)grafix overhaul Add cubemap reflections realtime or prebaked ability to set the ilumination texture influence in game seperate the bloom slider with all the other post fx (i raly dont understand why seting the bloom enables all the other fx i just want bloom)Ability to ise animated textures.Fix tree transparent edges problem fix semi transparent objects etc
6)Water ability to add water volumes whenever you want ability to swim an under water shader and seting for eatch volume of water and the main one the color the waves etc..
7)Easyer method to add custom weapons and stuff like this is weapon this is the handler point this is the fire animation and let the engine does the rest.
8)Vehichles a template for a four wheel vehicle 2 wheel etc and an easy method to ad our cusom models like define were are the wheels and weight and stuff and let the engine take care of the rest something similar for water and air vehichles but alswasy with an easy method to add custom models.
9)More friendly GUI like ability to search for your entity go there automaticaly a button for more precice movement becouse right now a single move at the mouse moves the entity to far for example when you press shift the mouse actions will be mutch slower.Add iteme tree panel to see alll the asssets in scene and witch are linked.Change grid size
10)A very importand this one to indeed for me visual scripting something like Blender game engine has you do the visual scripting and can be saved as normal .lua file.

These are my sugestions.

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "My opinion abou the voting board i beleve 10-15 itemes its good "

So far so good .... Makes sense to me ...

Quote: "So my suggestions are."

Sigh !!
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
pitchwhite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2017 23:16
I really really really want to be able to use more than five terrain textures in the same level. And now that EBE is out, I'd really really really like to be able to use more than sixteen textures for EBE structures. Should take a lot quicker to implement than other features, no?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2017 23:50 Edited at: 7th Feb 2017 23:50
Quote: " I'd really really really like to be able to use more than sixteen textures for EBE structures. Should take a lot quicker to implement than other features, no?"

No.. because little things that wont take long are a big problem .... It takes Lee off track and we want the AI done
As for the EBE .. I'm struggling to use 16 textures per model ... But if you really want more for a house for example then use 16 for downstairs and create upstairs separately with another 16 textures and snap it on top

That gives you 32 in your building or even more if continue the process and build in segments
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 00:35
AI, AI, AI forget all about everything else for now!
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 00:58
I say once all the voting is sorted and listed then Lee should tackle the one at the top of the list (like he does now) but also pick one for himself. So one from the voters and one indulgence.
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 01:28
This could go on forever, the time has come for Lee to take the rains and make a choice and go for it. .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2017 21:04
Player, Player , Player just thought i'd compete with AmenMoses rofl
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2017 22:40 Edited at: 26th Feb 2017 22:43
LOL - We could probably sync that to the seven dwarfs tune if we practice it enough, then bolt a set of headphones on lee with the updated version and send him off to work again.

AI,
AI ,
AI AI AI,
AI AI,
AI AI,
AI AI AI

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2017 01:09 Edited at: 27th Feb 2017 01:12
Seriously though .... Lets look at what's just happened ...
EBE.... AI overhaul...... Third Person for all characters ....Lee has just knocked off 3 of the biggest features on the voting list which is incredible along with help and credit to Preben with his shader work the GFX are jumping leaps and bounds as well

No doubt some of these features may still need tweaking in the future or other things we would like to have enhanced on them but that aside I'm thinking of what could be next and actually I'm not thinking big scale at the moment ...

There are a couple of little things that are always mentioned and were top of the original list which I don't think would take Lee very long and most of us wouldn't probably not say no to ... Call them sales boosters and ye that would be handy

1... Menu Editor
2... App for Non GG owners to make MP games ( which may well boost the forgotten side of GameGuru )

Remember I'm thinking they wont take long and sort of get them out the way .. Probably not the top of my list but quickies ..
After those ....

3... Water Overhaul and swimming would probably be my next big thing
Just my thoughts
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2017 01:15
Progress has been great,very pleased my end.cant ask for more Lee is working like a demon.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
I second that Wizard. The new AI is looking good.
"So let it be written; so let it be done." Account got messed up with introduction to steam. I am Jackal
Joined 2nd Dec 2009.
PM
DarthBasicVader
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: little bits of everything ....
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 18:01
Quote: "Seriously though .... Lets look at what's just happened ...
EBE.... AI overhaul...... Third Person for all characters ....Lee has just knocked off 3 of the biggest features on the voting list which is incredible along with help and credit to Preben with his shader work the GFX are jumping leaps and bounds as well

No doubt some of these features may still need tweaking in the future or other things we would like to have enhanced on them but that aside I'm thinking of what could be next and actually I'm not thinking big scale at the moment ...

There are a couple of little things that are always mentioned and were top of the original list which I don't think would take Lee very long and most of us wouldn't probably not say no to ... Call them sales boosters and ye that would be handy

1... Menu Editor
2... App for Non GG owners to make MP games ( which may well boost the forgotten side of GameGuru )

Remember I'm thinking they wont take long and sort of get them out the way .. Probably not the top of my list but quickies ..
After those ....

3... Water Overhaul and swimming would probably be my next big thing
Just my thoughts"

Hi Sincromesh, apart from tweaking and optimizing all the remarkable things Lee's done in these last few weeks (unbelievable!!) I think the most urgent
problem is --> loading times <-- While a game with no swimming in it could be playable (and a good game designer could find surely other ways to make the player have fun) a level that took minutes to load is unplayable from the start.
PC desktop HP Pavilion p6-2004it - Intel Core i5 2400
SSD - Sandisk 250 GB
8 GB RAM PC3-10600 MB/sec DDR3-1333 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750

HP notebook g6-1232sl - Intel Core i5-2430M 2,4 GHz
3 MB cache L3 - RAM 6 GB DDR3 - Display AMD Radeon HD 6470M (1 GB DDR3) + Intel HD 3000

DBV

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:46:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:46:01