Product Chat / How to בreating doors and windows with EBE?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
doors with opening animation.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
In "Fixtures" Lee has supplied some doors, Windows and roofs to get us started ...
You either have to create your own .pfb ( very easy ) or cut out your doorway uning the cube and cutting it out ....
Then you can scale the doors, windows etc to fit
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
stor
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you!!! There may be a video guide?

P.S.
I really like the EBE System!!!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee is working on a video and a small update so stay tuned
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 19:14
and that video is up right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ST1bMziIEw&t=0s
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 19:36
Quote: "Then you can scale the doors, windows etc to fit "
Probably not the best idea, to scale animated objects, Gameguru is a bit iffy with scaled objects especially if they are animated.Doors needs to be exported centered, once you scale the door the center for door moves which means the game logic will detect the center else where instead of where it should be, which could be rather troublesome.

So to avoid having to scale altogether, your door/window entity simply needs to follow grid snapping, and stay within the 5unit increment margin which, means if you delete a cubes around the the frame the smallest size cube possible is "5 units" it will not result in gaps/overlapping on the outside of the window or door, you can oblivious , do 2.5units on either side of the door for a overlap on the frame.The frame it self needs to be thicker then 2.5 units to hide the overlapping cube properly.

But best to stay within the 5 unit increment range, lot less headache.If you stick to the 5 unit increment range internal part of the mesh can be any size and width dimension as long as it allows for grid snapping.Then there is no need to worry about having to scale doors and such to fit.

Not to worry about the guys who can't model, or who don't want to I personally will be uploading and creating a bucket load of EBE compatible entities over the next few weeks for the store, all shapes, sized and colours, it should hopefully assist in creating the best looking EBE buildings straight out of a home decorating magazine

Win7 pro, Intel 2500K @3.7ghz 660GTX 8gig ram 16tb HDD
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Probably not the best idea, to scale animated objects, Gameguru is a bit iffy with scaled objects especially if they are animated.Doors "

Yep probably right there ... I think the ones supplied are sized for the EBE and the video lee posted shows how he does it.. You can follow how he does it or go with what WOI says. Either way is really better than scaling unless its a very minor tweak which you may get away with
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-05 12:46:38
Your offset time is: 2024-07-05 12:46:38