Product Chat / Are these shader effects possible ?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jan 2017 10:43
Hi,

Have these things already been made in GG :
1) Linear UV scroll texture based on time (i cna do it)
2) In a model having some part with Self illumination and the other part as normal shader, do we need two materials ? or two sub objects ?
3) A shader displaying a material and blending it with a second diffuse texture (i can do it)
4) Dissolve shader ?
5) Night vision or Heat vision (i think i can do it)
6) refraction shader for glass or torches heat ?
daverave29
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure if it's any help but there is a free night vision script in the store.

https://www.tgcstore.net/product/21997
PM
arfur9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2017 12:04 Edited at: 27th Jan 2017 12:53
If you look on the FPSC forums Bond1 did a TV with diffuse with a mask for the glowing tv screen
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/170127

edit, you can find working links on page 2, I think there's ones that turn on, but I never tried those

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2017 13:22
Hello Mouaa!
I think I saw most of these being done so far, excuse me if my reply is a bit vague but I haven't done many attempts at custom shading lately. (no project far enough down development route for that yet.)

Here goes:

Quote: "1) Linear UV scroll texture based on time (i cna do it)"

I think we do have video - texture commands, at least rolfy has done this kind of work on his demon characters a while back. I had this kind of stuff up and running in FPSCreator a good 5 years ago. (in Euthanasia and later on the displays in Psishock)
We also have a bunch of skyscroll effects so I'd recommend sending a PM to rolfy and asking if he got any leads.

Quote: "2) In a model having some part with Self illumination and the other part as normal shader, do we need two materials ? or two sub objects ? "

You mean normal emissive mapping? The default shader supports that, you just need a _I texture (the emissive map)

Quote: "3) A shader displaying a material and blending it with a second diffuse texture (i can do it)"

Wouldn't that just be an overlay that can be done in an art program? (I'd need an example of this to help you further)

Quote: "4) Dissolve shader ? "

Ah! Like the Enemies in Doom3? Not currently, no.

Quote: "5) Night vision or Heat vision (i think i can do it) "

We had thermal vision in FPSCreator, so its just a matter of time until someone figures that out.

Here is nightvision: CLICK

Quote: "6) refraction shader for glass or torches heat ?"

Ertlov got refraction for glass working in his game "Fathers Island", just fire him a PM. As for torches emitting heat I'd take an educated guess and say: Not currently possible.

Did this help?

-Wolf
Mouaa
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jan 2017 17:21
@daverave29 @arfur9
Thanks guys.

@wolf
Quote: "Wouldn't that just be an overlay that can be done in an art program? (I'd need an example of this to help you further)"

I thaught for example of water caustics animated texture blending with the acual material. I'll will try the shader way.

Quote: "Ertlov got refraction for glass working in his game "Fathers Island", just fire him a PM. As for torches emitting heat I'd take an educated guess and say: Not currently possible."

You can use the refraction shader for torches heat, you need a set of texture to make the animation effect and play the sequence in the shader.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-05 12:31:44
Your offset time is: 2024-07-05 12:31:44